FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Need help~~~

vynes18
I got a Samsung SATA2 HDD 80GB.
previosly in win XP, i separate it into 2 partition.
Now i wanna move to window vista CR2, but i scare that it will format whole 80gb hdd.

Does anybody tried before format and install without format my second partition? inside 2nd partition got huge data.

If you wanna said burn into dvd or cd, i tried already but the damn virusses effected my pc. I also can't surf net with that pc. Stupid virusses...

Any i wanna know is that window vista format wouldn't destroy my partition?
The3dx
If you split your HD for two partition..
The Windows Install will ask you which partition do you want to format...
It's will ask you even if you want to format at all....

Dont worry....It wont Format until you said so...
Just keep your eyes on the screen and put attention to the guide in windows Install...

So i guess you have C: and D:
After you select on which partition do you want to install windows then it will ask you iif you want to do a quick format or a full format...

i hope i been helpful... Wink
ssthanapati
The3dx wrote:
If you split your HD for two partition..
The Windows Install will ask you which partition do you want to format...
It's will ask you even if you want to format at all....

Dont worry....It wont Format until you said so...
Just keep your eyes on the screen and put attention to the guide in windows Install...

So i guess you have C: and D:
After you select on which partition do you want to install windows then it will ask you iif you want to do a quick format or a full format...

i hope i been helpful... Wink

Yup this dude is right. And dont wrry u wont loose the data on the other partition if u dont format it. I have done it many times but just make sure u select the right partition if u are going to format any partition that is!!!!!!!!!!!!!
vynes18
Are you really sure? I also know that won't effected my other partition ONLY with win xp but i'm not very sure with vista.

I tried format once with the vista dvd, all is GUI format, even kid also can do it. How we technician going to survive in future?

Then i didn't saw any partition can select, it just said continue to format or cancel. I'm so scare so choose cancel, i think i better email to microsoft team first. better confirm with them.

I'm so stupid, now just thinking of email them.
Will let you know how it work properly after done.
Anyway thanks.