FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Skystears Art

skystears
Ok First let me point out im only 16 and though I hear all the time that age doesnt matter with art I think it does , If you draw alot you'll notice not only does your art inprove as you progress though the years but so does the style and experience. Maybe im wrong thats just MY opinion it doesnt matter .

Also I still have a terrible time with anatomy since I really dont have the help of an art teacher.. no art classes .....I would like some HONEST critics please , I love complements and hate insults as much as the next person , But I like to have an honest critic because loads of times someone might point out a flaw I havent noticed, and It makes that mistake easier to spot next time I make it.
ANd another think I think Im just talking to much .....lol :-&

Ok I'll edit this time to time to post new stuff , though I admit I havent been feeling very artistic lately...

Oekaki

( the following posted Dec 31st 2006)

Thats an eye...

thats My cat luna lol.

this is a vampire...Im not very happy with how I made the face but Im proud of the back ground anyway lol. Her name is Lady Crimson. A bit over used for a vampire name...But oh well...
Sparda
That is pretty good. GJ!
tefa_taftaf2010
Quote:
Ok First let me point out im only 16 and though I hear all the time that age doesnt matter with art I think it does , If you draw alot you'll notice not only does your art inprove as you progress though the years but so does the style and experience. Maybe im wrong thats just MY opinion it doesnt matter .

Every thing in this world can de done by practice but just you have to decide what you want to do and try to do it more and more and you will find your self the best

about the pistures .... very very nice and hope to see more
Che
Pretty sweet! Though the lines are quite bold and the shadows very expressive...
Vladalf
That's nice! The cat and the vampire are great!
irishmark
skystears wrote:
Ok First let me point out im only 16 and though I hear all the time that age doesnt matter with art I think it does , If you draw alot you'll notice not only does your art inprove as you progress though the years but so does the style and experience. Maybe im wrong thats just MY opinion it doesnt matter ...

You are not wrong! but I think you are misinturpreting what people mean when they say Age does not matter when it comes to art. Certainly when it comes down to technique age does matter. The difrence in quality of work when comparing an aged old master and a young child is very apparent. But the thing people are saying is the creative element of art is not controlled or diluted with age. Sometime younger people can be far more expressive than older people and that is what art is at the end of the day - Self expression!

I love your work - you've got great talent
CivilizeD
Ok here goes, outlines are too bold and shadows are too expressive.

Some other things there lacking a major lighting source and maybe get more creative on the backgrounds and make it blend more with the subject.

Still nice work and I hope to see more.

GL HF.

And hey Irish Mark,

Quote:
You are not wrong! but I think you are misinturpreting what people mean when they say Age does not matter when it comes to art. Certainly when it comes down to technique age does matter. The difrence in quality of work when comparing an aged old master and a young child is very apparent. But the thing people are saying is the creative element of art is not controlled or diluted with age. Sometime younger people can be far more expressive than older people and that is what art is at the end of the day - Self expression!

well said.
Bengt
oekaki is pretty cool Smile
alissavb
The eye and the cat are very cute, and the vampire is nice, I like the colors. Smile
KatanaSky
those are excellent! I loved those, you have got some real talent. Do you use photoshop at all on any of those or any other type of art program? I'd like to see more of your work.