FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Problem with my pc speakers.

zealious
hello, I have a Creative SB Audigy sound card with matching creative 5.1 speaker system.

My problem is that im getting A LOT of ambient noise in my speakers.. I have no Idea where it is coming from and I have tried everything. It is very nerve racking.

I have tried many things.. Moved power adapters and cords away from the speaker wires.. moved speakers around.. moved the subwoofer/reciver unit away from the wall outlet..

Does anyone have suggestions on getting rid of the noise?
TheGeek
which Creative 5.1 system do you have? It could be that you have the speakers cranked up to far and your computer volume down low and that is why you are getting a lot of abient noise from them. Often speakers tend to hiss and make their own noises if they are cranked up to far. Creative speakers are not really known for doing this, but they are more prone to doing it then say Klipsch or Bose speakers.
psycosquirrel
Do you have a mic?

If so, be sure to tell the sound card not to output the microphone's input back out to the speakers. It is sometimes on by default with some cards, and can easily produce noise, feedback (with good systems), and general annoyance. Laughing
pashmina
i have a similar problem too
when i shut down my PC, but not the UPS switch. my speaker really makes a obnoxious screeching sound, which makes me feel irritated. is there anyway that i can remove this noise???
ForceRun
try playing around with the Drivers, creative always is a little qurky. And make sure you have the cables all pluged in right.
internetjobs
you can reduce it in the following smple ways.
increase system volume and reduce amplification rate then adjust your sound card properties to best quality...
proper earth is very very important.., ceck signal cable for correct earth..
pashmina
internetjobs wrote:
increase system volume and reduce amplification rate then adjust your sound card properties to best quality...

no it is not working, any other suggestions?
ronald.helpdesk
pashmina wrote:
internetjobs wrote:

no it is not working, any other suggestions?

Your case it's acting as ground, that's very common, try to ground your electric outlet, then maybe you're using one of those horrible monitor filters, that has a horrible ground cable that goes to the housing, it might sound stupid, but I cutted one of those, and a static sound dissapeared from my sister's very old computer.

with the guy that receives ambient noise, you could your mic's retro, that's right, but also check the ambience presets on your sound manager, if the god damn ambiences are enabled, try shutting them off, some times, when the correct refractance is not achieved by the correct acoustic, software made ambiance is the way to get it, but, if you don't have the correct knowledge to get a correct acoustic without artificial effects, maybe you're missplacing the positions of the speakers.

in sound, there's always a "might be" "should be" "could be" and stuff like that... and aquiring the correct sound with those reverb effects, is always a pain in the ass.

good luck