FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Installing forum to DirectAdmin

HalfBloodPrince
Hey, I have a Frihost webhosting account on DirectAdmin (deathlyhallows.frih.net) and I have an existing forum (hogwartscommunity.jconserv.net) and I want to move it here..how can I?
Animal
You would need to download a backup of the database that you've used on jconserv.net - if this is possible, you'll then be able to install a fresh phpBB forum then use your existing database which will transfer across all your users and posts.

If possible, try to make a full backup of the forum just in case of problems. However, I'm not entirely sure if jconserv.net will allow you access to a full backup - you'll need to check with them. If they don't provide access to the database, you will lose all of your posts and user data unfortunately.
HalfBloodPrince
And if I don't move the jconserv one, and decide to make a fresh new one on Frihost, how can I? Because my jconserv had a total of three posts on it, which isn't such a big loss.
Animal
HalfBloodPrince wrote:
And if I don't move the jconserv one, and decide to make a fresh new one on Frihost, how can I? Because my jconserv had a total of three posts on it, which isn't such a big loss.

Yeah, of course you can. This installation tutorial shows you how to set up phpBB step-by-step.