FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

what do you expect on Firefox v3.0

AOP Web Development
Hello guys i just read it in the download.com for the next browser to be release by firefox maybe it you know already about it the firefox v3 (Gran Paradiso) I just want to share it to you on what are your expectation for the next browser the fall of 2007.

For me, maybe the viewing of the text is quite nice just like in IE7 it is more soft and nice to look at.. and maybe it has a many features specially the add ons or extensions that are very useful specially in developing a website...

Now what is your expectation in Firefox 3?
Animal
This topic may help you with your discussion Wink
akshar
Quote:
i tried fiefor v 2 its usually asks for additional plug-ins which feels too boring.hope v3 will settle this problem
matothito
Firefox v3 will still probably be more security, but something I think would be useful is being able to cycle through the tabs like alt-tab for Windows windows.
snowboardalliance
matothito wrote:
Firefox v3 will still probably be more security, but something I think would be useful is being able to cycle through the tabs like alt-tab for Windows windows.

in 1.5 (and +?) you just use ctrl+tab just fyi. Wink
AOP Web Development
matothito wrote:

hello dude since the firefox v1.* it has already a tab control it's just Ctrl+T and i think the only firefox get the first din IE does copy it! Wink
pranavrules
firefox should have better features than the existing ones at the moment..

Will it be possible to integrate a Firewall and an Anti virus into firefox?? Man!! If that happens, i am never leaving firefox again!! Razz Razz

IE7 has literally copied the style of firefox.. It's annoying to use that browser.. it SUKS!!

Firefox RULES!!
Grom
I need fully CSS 3.0 suport on it.
blueray
Well, Now I need multiple proxy server setting now. I think because I face with the optical line broken. So, I do need this feature.
cheeta
to be honest, Browsing without a Internet Connection Laughing

u have laptop but not many Hotspots... so may be that would help...

lol......
Agent ME
V3? THere isn't even a version 2 released... is there?
JamesBond
Agent ME wrote:
V3? THere isn't even a version 2 released... is there?

in which world are u living mate?? ffox 2 final released about an month or so ago. ffox three is in alpha right now, with the codename Gran Paradiso.

i would like an inbuilt phishing filter, mail/chat account, offline feed reader and some better themes..
ffox promises to be a good one.. hope it turns out well..
johnsonap
Just got V2, seems a bit more nice to look at etc, but havent seen much else in there (more reliable probably), although if i compare any firefox to IE7, then i certainly aint complaining - IE7 tried to rip off FF by any change?
Anybody know an easy solution to get my hotmail to open in Firefox from MS Messenger?
Caramelo
i just hope that firefox 3 will come with more options, i'm using firefox 2 and i don't have any compliants about these explorer it saves all the downloads that i have made and saves the passwords from my websites, keep doing the good work...
AOP Web Development
Not to rest on its many laurels, the Mozilla organization is hard at work on its next browser release, code-named Gran Paradiso. While an Alpha version of Firefox 3 (Gran Paradiso) Alpha 1 is available for download, this release is not meant for public consumption, only for testing. Add-ons for Firefox 2 may not work in this test release. For end users, Firefox 2 remains the latest public version. The final public release of Firefox 3 is not expected until the fall of 2007.

What's exciting about Gran Paradiso is its new rendering engine. The Gekko 1.9 rendering engine will introduce some changes. For example, Firefox 3 will no longer support Windows 95, 98, and Me, and for the Mac OS X, versions 10.2 and earlier will not longer be supported. There will also be numerous changes made to the Document Object Model (DOM) in Gekko 1.9, which will affect developers more than end users. Also, there will be changes in the way Firefox renders frames within its display and the way object tags are handled, as well as changes in event threading.

Also new are its advanced graphics rendering capabilities. Firefox 3 uses open-source vector graphics (code-named Cairo, and formerly known as Xr) to provide high-quality display and print rendering. Currently Cairo supports output produced by X Windows, OpenGL, Quartz, Win32, in-memory image buffers, PNG images, PostScript, and PDF files. Cairo attempts to reproduce identical images on all output media (paper, disc drives, and such) and use hardware acceleration where possible to improve images on display screens.

Mac OS X users will experience a more native look and feel, better platform integration, and performance as Firefox incorporates the latest Mac OS API's.
sbel
cheeta wrote:
to be honest, Browsing without a Internet Connection Laughing

u have laptop but not many Hotspots... so may be that would help...

lol......

that doesn't make sense dude.lol

But i would agree, full CSS 3.0 support
Arnie
Quote:
Now what is your expectation in Firefox 3?
I expect another fad with advertisements screaming in people's signatures and avatars. And more websites saying "we detected you do not use FF, shame on you". Well, I hope I'm wrong. Even on Linux I prefer using Konqueror or (when KDE is absent) Opera.

As for the program itself (not its fanclub), I think it's reasonably OK. The loading speed really has to go down. When Firefox was still called Phoenix (and also, though less, when Firebird) that was acceptable, but ever since it's been getting heavier and heavier.

I hope FF will get more efficient in that respect, but I don't expect it will. Most people don't dare criticise the 'holy program' so the development is probably just going to continue like it was, adding more bricks ('features').
greatindiangenius
FF3 should include more web2.0 integration and features like ftp integration
Revvion
i really hope the return the close tab button back to where it was in v1.* or atleast give you an option to do so
nilsmo
I expect a piece of software I can browse the web with like with Firefox 1. Nothing else.
nono888
A lot of good thing to come our way, let's hope it will still be free, and remain a relaiable browser.
snowboardalliance
Revvion wrote:
i really hope the return the close tab button back to where it was in v1.* or atleast give you an option to do so

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.tabs.closeButtons
Wink
WickedGravity
I want there to be a decent front-end for the Bookmarks myself. i mean, who has been there when you open your browser and they are gone and you have to go through that tedious process of restoring them from the backup FF automatically makes?

The time has come.
umeshtangnu
As a developer i think the firefox 3 should offer full DOM support and full compliance with w3c standards .
As a user i would need inbuilt phishing filter and a better feed reader and better add-on
BobTheAttendant
I'd like it to have more built in compatibility with flash and shockwave.

As a Linux user, I only recently was able to use flash 9, and still don't have shockwave.

Adobe released the source for actionscript to Mozilla, why not Shockwave? Farfetched, yes, but I can dream.
drirfan
The 1st problem i face in firefox

I always have to click the menu and then new tab, or a combination of keys to open a new tab

The 2nd problem is, i am not able to fully integrate it with FlashGet lik IE.

The 3rd problem is, in case of accidental power failure i cannot resume my last opend sites or work like in opera.

i want that all these problems should be fixed in the new version of firefox.

Dr Irfan Smile
heridlia
I hope that Firefox 3 : 1) Much faster than before (and than IE/Opera/Netscape) 2) More Secure than before 3) More features.

Thanks.
tony
as for myself, ff is perfect the way it is w/ one exception. namely, the incomplete css 3.0 support. luckily, ff is at the front of the css movement, but even so still does not have complete support for the newest css standards. i would very much like to see that as a new feature. however, i m afraid of variation from the kiss principle and hope that ff does not take that path that so much software has taken in become bloatware.
jay84h
If Firefox v3 would be more secure than Firefox v2 already is, that would be great lol. Maybe enhance the appearance of the program would be nice as well. As well, have it more integrated like the IE7 engine, so that more online websites would be supported for the browser.