FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A Team The Movie?

ftasyo
I read some months ago (or was it over a year ago) that there are plans of making a movie version of The A Team. So what happened to it? Did it materialize?
nondormo
It is still in production.

Here are some links:

There are more links available, just type in "A Team The Movie". Interesting articles are from halfbakery.com and cinema.com

I think the producers are letting the news float on the air perhaps to see whether there would be a response. I don't think the A Team was such a great TV series. With George Peppard out now (may he rest in peace), they'll have to come up with a "perfect" replacement.
Octaeder
You just know this is going to be absolutely awful. As someone who liked the A-Team I can confidently say that any hollywood version of this is only going to be tripe... They'll mess up the casting and the action will probably be made all gritty and people will die and I'll write angry letters to everyone involved...
mrblah
Octaeder wrote:
You just know this is going to be absolutely awful. As someone who liked the A-Team I can confidently say that any hollywood version of this is only going to be tripe... They'll mess up the casting and the action will probably be made all gritty and people will die and I'll write angry letters to everyone involved...

Yeah I could just see it now.

Face: Owen Wilson
Howling Murdoch: Jack Black
Hanibal Smith: Donald Sutherland
"B.A." Baracus: Will Smith or Chris Rock in some strange twist or the character is played by a female lead
Blu_Spykz
No matter who they cast - there will never be 4 people better than the original A Team.

Although, I'd *love*

Jim Carrey as Murdoch.
Ving Rhames as B.A.
Kurt Russell as Hannibal.
Christian Bale as Face.

Note: Couldn't think of ANYONE who COULD be face. Ryan Reynolds maybe?!
qbawler311
I agree with blue_Spykz, a well chosen cast for the new a-team. On the other hand if any of the characters were to be the ones picked by mrblah I may indeed vomit while watching the movie. Will Smith as BA and Owen Wilson as face...are you serious? I am getting sick to my stomach just thinking about it. It seems you tried to pick the worst characters possible for each role.
Octaeder
Blu_Spykz wrote:
No matter who they cast - there will never be 4 people better than the original A Team.

Although, I'd *love*

Jim Carrey as Murdoch.
Ving Rhames as B.A.
Kurt Russell as Hannibal.
Christian Bale as Face.

Note: Couldn't think of ANYONE who COULD be face. Ryan Reynolds maybe?!

I thought the worse possible thing they'd ever be able to do to an A-Team movie would be to cast Vin Diesel as B.A. until I just saw your suggestion of Carrey as Murdoch. What makes it so hard to swallow is that it'll probably happen.

I'm sure it would be a popular decision as well, but I'm biased because I hate Jim Carrey and I hate him even more when he's doing the crazy for the sake of being crazy Ace Ventura, Mask rubbish... I think it's going to be safer for my blood pressure to just altogether avoid this thing
BlockUp
mrblah wrote:

Yeah I could just see it now.

Face: Owen Wilson
Howling Murdoch: Jack Black
Hanibal Smith: Donald Sutherland
"B.A." Baracus: Will Smith or Chris Rock in some strange twist or the character is played by a female lead

AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Nice point... they are the worst people you could choose....
mgeek
Some time in June, they are going to show A-Team the movie in theatres in south east asia. Liam Neeson will be playing Hannibal Smith. I don't know who the other guys are, but Jessica Biel will be appearing in the movie too. The new A-Team are veterans from Iraq.

What do you think of that?
andysart380
yeah ive seen commercials for it now here so its gonna be comming out soon cant wait looks hilarious
mgeek
andysart380 wrote:
yeah ive seen commercials for it now here so its gonna be comming out soon cant wait looks hilarious

The movie began showing here on 10 June, but I haven't seen it yet.
silverdown
I cannot watch it, it not the orignal MR. T Smile Laughing
mgeek
silverdown wrote:
I cannot watch it, it not the orignal MR. T Smile Laughing

The original Mr. T is now doing evangelical work among hobos. He sometimes appears in evangelical TV shows.