FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

if I randomly listened to the music on your mp3....

vanille
...what would my reaction be?

People usually ask to borrow my iPod during roadtrips/class fieldtrips/car rides and then they return it after two minutes because they don't 'feel' my music. ^_^ This is mostly because:

1. I have only twenty songs in English. (I have 318 songs already)
2. I don't really download mainstream music.
3. They can't appreciate my mix of metal-Jrock-new-age-orchestra. -_-
4. I have the Chicken Dance Song. ;_; And I keep forgetting to delete it.

How about you?
datter
You'd probably think I have a very eclectic taste, which I do. There would be everything from some audio books, and radio drama to Radiohead, Wolfmother and Classic country. Smile

datter
djsamsung
i have the cow and chicken theme song in my playlist....that's weird enough.

when i'm bored i'll listen to anything. Very Happy
The Mitchell
well i know a lot of people dont tend to like my teaste. most of my friends think m taste is just odd. there is everything from radiohead to aphex twin, godspeed you black emperor to dj shadow, tool to bob dylan, the doors to pendulum, third eye blind to battles. I have a lot of music on my pc over 120GB now which even by standards of a muso is a fairly large size music collection and i always buying new cds. ive spen the last 7 years building a huge collection of music. My idea of genre is every genre has something good but your always going to have to root through the shit to get the good stuff.
BMB07
vanille wrote:
...what would my reaction be?

People usually ask to borrow my iPod during roadtrips/class fieldtrips/car rides and then they return it after two minutes because they don't 'feel' my music. ^_^ This is mostly because:

1. I have only twenty songs in English. (I have 318 songs already)
2. I don't really download mainstream music.
3. They can't appreciate my mix of metal-Jrock-new-age-orchestra. -_-
4. I have the Chicken Dance Song. ;_; And I keep forgetting to delete it.

How about you?

lolol hahah!!

Me too Embarassed
jeanoradean
They would probably be confused....because of the different kinds of music..from hard rock to rap to mozart requim...and back
ddukki
My taste is all over the place. I have some Japanese music, mostly from my friend's collection of BECK anime, but there's no majority in my music of one concentrated genre. I do have a lot of R&B, Alternative Rock and Christian Rock, but that's not saying much as I have around 2500 files of music in My Music. Enjoy.
Jayfarer
You would wonder who the heck these people were, and then fall asleep out of boredom.
tyrant
When it comes to music i'm multi-racial. I believe that there's always a song for any given situation. I love to listen to trance when i'm high. slow songs when i'm sleepy, reggae & rNb etc in the clubs. ...
RallyMonkey
You would have never heard of any of the bands.
Srs2388
you would see about a 99.9% genre of rock
and about 500mp3's
i have stuff like Metallica,Ozzy,Led Zeppelin
but also some stuff like evanescence
oh you'd also see the movie pirates of the Caribbean
Insanity
My mp3 player has such a varied collection that after a while, I'm sure you'd find something that would appeal to you sooner or later.
Blu_Spykz
So far my iPod collection consists of :

Linkin Park
Queen
Guns N' Roses
Disturbed
Slipknot
and Westlife.

Rolling Eyes

You "should" potentially like a few of my songs.
Yantaal
mines mostly Punk, like street punk, oipunk, just good london pun bands. the home of punk.
you would be all like i want to fight and punch people
achene
Well i think most people would return my mp3 player really quickly. Its stuffed with different kinds og alternative metal (ok, progressive metal and such, which isnt actually alternative in that way, but it's not something a lot of people i know listen too) Their might also be some strange examples of crossgenre songs and maby some classical, flamenco, and other stuff that only a small minority of young people listen to these days. But actually i think the most important is that i like my music. That kinda why i bought a mp3-player in the first place.
Jaan
I have everythin from Jewish rap (matisyahu) to death metal (lamb of god). I'm always open to new things, so I listen to the local university radio station that plays up-and-coming stuffs.
ChipMo
I love my iPod, most people can find somthing they like on it & when its on shuffle nothing really anoys people enough for them to skip it. Not bad going now it's up to like 1500 tunes.
ralphbefree
i think that it is great that we can now own so many different types of music and the ability to turn someone else on to something new. a persons music library is a good reflection on that persons views toward life. the fact that so many people are saying that they have such a diverse music collection is a representation that people are living much more diverse lifestyles.

for me my collection is alot of the 60's classic rock when rock was raw and unfiltered. grateful dead, led zepplen, ccr. i dig the new jam scene too. so a good collection of galactic, oysterhead. but you will most likely hear a grip of funk: the o'jays, james brown, sly and the family stone, some aretha, the meters. oh and those crazy 80's dance tunes gotta have some of them C & C music factory
keep on keep'n on
orizak
I have all rock, hard rock, metal, alternative rock/metal, and classical. I have some Mitch Hedberg too XD.
shrinkwrap
A normal person listening to my iPod, assuming they listen mainly to the top 40, might find something they like, but it might take a while to find it. XD

I like a lot of non-mainstream stuff, too. There's just so much out there that isn't signed by a major label. I have lots of indie folk, Japanese mainstream/indie pop/rock, post-rock, electronica, some spoken word, some oldies, some random popular songs. All in all, the music tends to be more mellow.

Going through my 'pod on random right now, I got:
1. Eurobeat techno
2. Indie-pop by a Broadway singer
3. Radiohead
4. Japanese pop
5. Japanese hard-rock
6. Hanson Smile
7. Tracy Chapman

I guess that's a pretty good mix of stuff.
slchap5
I have over 3000 songs on my ipod with every genre you can think of, including the weird stuff that everyone has one ther ipods. I gives your MP3 player some flavor, unlike the same songs that everyone has and listens to.
Chalchihuitlicue
I don't have an Ipod or an mp3 player at all, but if I did have one, it would contain the same music files that are on my computer. It's a really random mix of things, so most people should be able to find at least one song that they like. I've got classical, musical and movie soundtracks, techno, eurobeat, all sorts of Japanese stuff (indie and mainstream), a few oldies... The range in moods is quite astounding too... I listen to Moi dix Mois and D'espairsRay, but I have Smile.dk, Queen and Sarah Brightman in the same playlist... The only things I don't have at least a bit of are rap and hip hop.

So, I think the general reaction would be along the lines of, "What the heck is this? *shuffle, shuffle* Oh, here's something I like."
Juparis
Every time I lend out my iPod for a while, it always gets returned within seconds. Somehow everyone homes in on all the metal bands, even though that's just a small fraction of my music genre spectrum. They'll be like, "OH. You like THOSE bands..." and of course I'm left there hunting for any number of bands I'm sure they're actually interested in.

By the time I find it, it's too late. They've already stereotyped me by that time.
missdixy
Ummm I have a lot of different music on mi iPod. Country, rap, punk, pop-punk hip-hop, spanish, heavy metal, classic rock, blues, indie, you name it. I'm sure everyone would find SOMETHING they like.