FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Grouped Icons holder software ?

loosu
Is there any software , which could hover right out from deep left of the screen ( like the hover feature of winamp;s playlist ) , could hold for me a bunch of icon shortcuts to applications , So that instead of me wandering into the startmenu , could launch applications , just by clicking the icons in the icon group .

And once the icon is clicked , my app should be on desktop .
wumingsden
loosu wrote:
Is there any software , which could hover right out from deep left of the screen ( like the hover feature of winamp;s playlist ) , could hold for me a bunch of icon shortcuts to applications , So that instead of me wandering into the startmenu , could launch applications , just by clicking the icons in the icon group .

And once the icon is clicked , my app should be on desktop .

you could put all of the shortcuts in a folder, move it to the section of the screen you want it to go, and then use this to make the folder as transparent as you want.

alternatively, windows (or at least windows xp) has a feature where if you drag a folder to any far side of your screen, it will automatically create a toolbar. So, if you put all you shortcuts to the applications you want to start in a folder, then drag it to any far side of the screen, then a toolbar will be created showing all the apps possible. (this is a very good idea if you don't have too many shortcuts and if you don't want other windows that are open to hide it).

However, you may also want to install a Vista Transformation Pack. As the title suggests, the software enables non-windows Vista OS's to have Vista like effects (which I'm just above sure one of them includes transparent windows.