FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

dreamweaver 8 php plugin

CyanEyed
u know in dreamweaver 8, in code view, theres like a drop down menu whenever you type something. the drop down gives u the possible tags that u can use meaning i type
Code:
<h

it will drop down with everything that begins with <h.
Code:
<head> etc

is there something similar to that for PHP?
jrschool
Uhh I can not understand and now I use it makes my home page something I don't like Sad
soulman
I don't get you, this plugin can give a tip when create PHP scripts?

or dreamweaver can preview php files?
budazz
there are a lot of software specialize for PHP... dreamweaver has no built in tool for php code...
CyanEyed
soulman wrote:
I don't get you, this plugin can give a tip when create PHP scripts?

or dreamweaver can preview php files?

the one that gives tips, like when typing html code, it comes up with a drop down list with all the tags and then attributes, like that but for PHP
WickedGravity
So let me get you right there.

You want the read ahead function of Dreamweaver right? You type in the the bracket and it lists all of what you can do. i am with you so far.

But you want it to be able to do the same for PHP code?

Am I getting what you are trying to say?
{name here}
When you type php code, it will show you with a code completion feature what variables you can insert and what the function is. I believe no IDE makes a programmer or scripter so lazy as to not even need to type in your code, not even VisualBASIC. The feature you speak of is a feature only web designers and writers have the ability to use or care to use. Programmers and scripters don't find it as useful - some even dispise it. One reason why IDEs don't have code completion for scripting and programming languages is just so the programmer knows what he is doing at all times and nothing that he doesn't want will be added.
sm6eat
Better use an external editor for PHP. I like HapEdit, it has the functio you describe: http://hapedit.free.fr/

// Roland
[/url][/quote]
CyanEyed
WickedGravity wrote:
So let me get you right there.

You want the read ahead function of Dreamweaver right? You type in the the bracket and it lists all of what you can do. i am with you so far.

But you want it to be able to do the same for PHP code?

Am I getting what you are trying to say?

thats exactly it, thats what im looking for. know any?

sm6eat, i had a glance at it, but i want to stick to dreamweaver, and use a plugin, rather than use a whole new program

CyanEyed