FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

accounts........yes i desperately need help.......^^

Bejeweledhorses
hey guys,
i know this may sound like a goofy question to some of the "senior php users" but.......
i wanted to know how one can create-using php- accounts

you know how there are all those pretty little pet sim games such as horseland.com, neopets.com, etc---you know, that kind of stuff.

Well, when a person signs up, they have an account and they have a hompage that they can edit.....

I need a code for it, or atleast some help for it- dont worry about copyrights.....i will give credit to all that contribute.....

I recently finished the login,logout part and have a databse for members and a table set up for it........I even started to create a forum for the sim.....

yes, i am a newbie, and yes, i need help......

anyone?????????

thanks a bunch!

PS: when ever i go to any of these pages, it always says i am missing the required DB.php
isn't that the same as dbconnect.php? *sighs* php confuzzles me........
Wink
eepman
DB is a class from the PEAR library.

You can get it from http://pear.php.net/package/DB and put the required files into your include directory.
manum
hi refer www.hotscripts.com

or

php.resourceindex.com

u basically need a homepage community script
Diablosblizz
You should first get a member login script before you start anything. If you would like a member script you can try [url]Pixel2life.com[/url], its a free online tutorial site, and you probaly find more then what you need. Thats all I really know, though I do not use the member script I found a very useful and easy to set up one and it works great, just search for member login script.

Infomation about the script that you will prob need above:
1. It will let users register
2. It will let users login
3. It will let users go to the man page
4. If your skilled or get some help you can make it do practicly anything

I hope this helps you. Enjoy
Bejeweledhorses
thanks a lot- i will keep on trying..........

PEAR-ha, fruit

Do i download PEAR or should it already be on the website host- thats the part that messes me up......

*scrurries off to go and try advice*
Bejeweledhorses
ANOTHER QUESTION

okay, i have the login stuff all set up, but i cant seem to do one thing- i can't restrict access to pages

what i mean is that i can't have a page such as "MAPS" , i want it to say- Oops! your not logged in! login here.........- if the person is no logged in

or

if the person IS logged in, it would show the page as it should look normally.......

HELP ANYONE?!?!?!?!?!!?
does anyone have a code for this?
thanks so much guys!^^