FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Saddam to be executed





CCFCExile
Is it right or wrong for Saddam to be executed? Should Saddam have been tried for his crimes in the Hage like all World leaders? Should we (UK) be condoning the execution of saddam when our own country abolished executions in the 60's and that we will not extradite a criminal to a state in the US that does execute people?

I don't think he should, he should have been given a fair trial at the Hage to answere for his crimes. Just for the principles of the Western 'human rights' ideal.
joshumu
But you forgetting that it was just a show trial. It was pretty much just a show war, too. Sure it should be a fair trial, if only for the "progress" of western ideals. But its not, and in this case i dont think it would change the verdict.
Soulfire
It's pretty clear that Saddam can't be a functional member of society - so prison, erm, excuse me... "Correctional facilities" won't cut it for him. And if we do put him in a correctional facility, everyone would get upset because he isn't treated well enough - despite him killing God knows how many people. And as heartless as it sounds, he'd be sucking up money.

That being said - Saddam had his trial, and he is to be executed for his crimes. It may not be the most "civil" thing to do, but is torturing and killing your own people civil? I'm apt to say no.

Though I could care less, so long as he isn't on the street anymore.
truespeed
Under Iraqi law the punishment for his crime is the death penalty,but his is a unique case and as such should be treated so,i think he is of less threat alive than he is dead,killing him assures him of martyr status,according to UK news he will be hung at 2.30 am GMT,which is about 2 hours time,i think its a mistake to hang him,but it looks like its gonna happen.
UnikeViruz
Saddam was a Mini-Hitler....He gased innocent kurds. Like hitler when he killed innnocent Jews for no reason. He had no right and he should die. Saddam never did anything good for anyone. Thats how I feel on that subject. I cant wait till he is dead and hopefully we pull out of Iraq....No more of my comrades need to be killed in Iraq.

When somone kills another man (One or a thousand), No matter the justification there are a thousand other possibilities to go about it than ending anothers life....So if you kill...You should be killed...Saddam killed thus...He should die...What do you think would have happened to Hitler if he wouldnt have killed himself?
darvit
I hate the fact that this is how it's going to end. Sad

By killing Saddam, more violence would break out in Iraq, that's for sure. Sad

His execution would turn him into a martyr! According to Al-Jazeera:
Quote:

"He was in very high spirits and clearly readying himself," said Badie Aref, after the 69-year-old Saddam met his half-brothers.

"He told them he was happy he would meet his death at the hands of his enemies and be a martyr, not just languish in jail."


THIS IS WHAT HE WANTS! And by doing this, Saddam becomes a martyr! Why can't they see that??

I say don't execute him! Let him rot in jail if they want him to suffer! His execution would be an easy way out for him.

/EDIT: No point in arguing now.. It's official: reports say that he is dead.
Hogwarts
Yes, no point arguing now.

Saddam is history. Now we just have to wait for people to pull out of Iraq...

Was the war even worth it? I mean, primarily Americans (Although some other countries too) have effectively "crusaded" into Iraq, just to get one person. Yet, how many Iraqis have died because of this?
QrafTee
Well there are some people who deserve that sort of fate. Unfortunately many innocent people were caught in between and died. The problem is rushing into this without a plan... I mean a real plan, not Bush's "let's go in and get them... we'll stay the course... we'll stay in Iraq as long as the Iraqi government requires it..." That's a bullshit plan that creates stuff like Section 8 housing and people abusing the government's system to help people.
vervaeke
He very much deserved to die. Argue all the semantics you want, but we all know he was a bad person. And I'd love to see the video.
QrafTee
vervaeke wrote:
He very much deserved to die. Argue all the semantics you want, but we all know he was a bad person. And I'd love to see the video.

The argument wasn't whether he was a bad person... we know he is.
It's whether it was justified, which it wasn't. Okay, did he deserve to die? Well we can't really say since from what people have told me only the big man can judge that.

But the means to finally killing Saddam has dealt a bigger blow to why the U.S. said they went into Iraq in the first place, to make it better. Is it better in Iraq? That depends on your definition. Would you have rather had no electricity, no water, fear of car bombings all the time, fear of dirty cops, fear of the U.S. occupation, and the fear of your weak government, or would you have a tyrant back in power?

Then again, cleaning a wound hurts a lot, but it's required for the healing process to work... Hmm....
poiko123
My questions are:
will Saddam Hussein's death incite more violence? and if so just for the short term or for a while? or will it demoralizes the violent factions? perhaps now that the shiites see saddam as a sunni dead they will be less violent. hopefully it was for the best.
bulek
I absolutely agree with execution. He also deserves evil torturing because he killed so many innocent people.
iNs@nE
There you go. It finally happened. This morning IST Saddam Hussain Was hanged to death in prescence of the judge who passed his death sentence and the Cheif of the Iraqi Army.

Saddam Hussain dressed up in his silk suit and with a grim look on his face went to the gallows. He was hanged at 8 AM IST.
People are already out on the streets in Iraq. Many have already started protesting. Iraq is on high alert already and is hoping that the crowd wont go violent.

A man who caused destruction while he was alive is still causing destruction after his death. Now what is the United States gonna do? Kill his ideals that thousands and thousands of Iraqi's follow? We just gotta wait and watch...
iNs@nE
The official report:

<007>no quote, no source => removed</007>
Hogwarts
bulek wrote:
I absolutely agree with execution. He also deserves evil torturing because he killed so many innocent people.


I could say the same for everybody on the planet.
You deserve torturing because you've cruelly trodden on ants.
You deserve torturing because you've killed germs through the use of soap.

Yes, he does deserve it, but so do alot of people who don't get it.

Also, I would much rather be tortured for a day, than be stuck in a 3 by 3 cell for the rest of my life.

Quote:
My questions are:
will Saddam Hussein's death incite more violence? and if so just for the short term or for a while? or will it demoralizes the violent factions? perhaps now that the shiites see saddam as a sunni dead they will be less violent. hopefully it was for the best.


We'll have to wait and see, for that one. Although I think that there will be backlash in some form.
pashmina
there is many things to happen after the execution of saddam husain. the terror might me intense in iraq and US too.
truespeed
From the point of view of the Iraq goverment i can see why they executed Saddam,saddam alive in their eyes would always undermine their power in the country,a dead saddam takes away any threat to their power,but at the same time it opens up a can of worms,saddam will become a martyr,and the sectarian violence which is already bad in Iraq,will escalate. The sunni's of which saddam was one,are in the minority in Iraq,they will be running scared now from the sheites,we could even end up with a situation of genocide proportions like what happened in Rwanda only a few years ago.

People in the west will argue that he got what he deserved,that he was an evil dictator,on a par with Hitler,i think however this goes back to the old adage of power corrupts and ablsolute power corrupts absolutely,yes he abused his power,but the fact he became so powerful in the first place was down to the US backing during the Iran/Iraq war.

Invading Iraq was a bad idea,and by using nuclear weapons as justification for doing so,do they now invade Iran? why havent they invaded north korea? The fact they found no evidence of nuclear weapons took away any justification and reason for the americans and allies to be there at all.

Before the invasion, Iraq was a stable country in an unstable part of the world,now its a war zone,where the people of Iraq get killed on a daily basis,so the question has to be asked,is Iraq really better off now Saddam has gone?
truespeed
Saddam just before his execution.

http://www.videos.tegoor.nl/add/saddam_hanged.htm

And after death.

Picture of Saddam after his execution

In the video he looks calm and composed,considering whats to come,they have just said on the news,that just before they pulled the plug he was "shouting his head off" but then i guess who wouldnt be.

<James007>Changed the IMG-tags to a link</James007>
Star Wars Fanatic
<James007>Because I merged the topics, this post looks a bit strange after the previous one... my apologies</James007>

Nice copy paste, and not that many people are protesting, in fact, many many people are happy. I wonder when they will release the video and pictures...

Edit~~ Here is the Vid: http://www.videos.tegoor.nl/add/saddam_hanged.htm
palavra
CCFCExile wrote:
Is it right or wrong for Saddam to be executed? Should Saddam have been tried for his crimes in the Hage like all World leaders? Should we (UK) be condoning the execution of saddam when our own country abolished executions in the 60's and that we will not extradite a criminal to a state in the US that does execute people?

I don't think he should, he should have been given a fair trial at the Hage to answere for his crimes. Just for the principles of the Western 'human rights' ideal.

speech of foreign ministry of UK was disgusting and hypocritical about the execution of saddam.
palavra
-most probably- saddam will go to hell because of his deeds in this world
but he will not be the only ex-president in hell.


-how many people died because of saddam?
-how many people died because of bush?
James007
palavra wrote:
-most probably- saddam will go to hell because of his deeds in this world
but he will not be the only ex-president in hell.


-how many people died because of saddam?
-how many people died because of bush?

This is what we call flaming. And this topic wasn't made for thαt discussion anyway.
aceflooder
i think there some issues that we dont know about saddams execution the usa maybe trying to cover some underground secrets....or saddam has been treated to be executed for [secret] ..who knows i am a paranoid....
Soulfire
palavra wrote:
-most probably- saddam will go to hell because of his deeds in this world
but he will not be the only ex-president in hell.


-how many people died because of saddam?
-how many people died because of bush?

Saddam wasn't in war when he killed (though he did kill during war). Surely you're not naive enough to believe that in a war there will be absolutely no deaths?
Billy Hill
hey saddam, what's hangin' bro?


Oh, you are. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
James007
I'm hung up, huuuung up on you... Rolling Eyes


I'm actually searching for the whole video, but that won't be easy to find.
BooTes
I'm sure the video will pop up on YouTube or a similar site very soon.. hmm
ashok
QrafTee wrote:


Then again, cleaning a wound hurts a lot, but it's required for the healing process to work... Hmm....


aptly said..
truespeed
<James007-edit>Uncensored Video removed</James007>

You need to click on saddam video link and save to pc
bl1nd
What i see that is really wrong, even more wrong than an unjust excecution, is that people are celebrating.

I see it as inhuman for people to be happy for someone elses death.

Yes, he did commit murder, but he's still human. For people to celebrate someones death... I find it wrong.

I'm not saying i Liked Saddam, or what he did,but yeah...
James007
You don't actually see him hanging on the "uncensored" version I saw. It's like he sort of drops down on the floor. I could even hear him speaking when he was on the floor (or maybe that was just someone else)..
Da Rossa
The world has lost a lot. No, wait! Before crucifying me, let's clarify: Saddam was a dog, but his trial was a fake. A fantasy. His lawyers were killed. The impartial judge was replaced by a neglect. The humanity and the world lost a perfect chance to trial him properly, in respect of the international penal laws, because we'll hardly have another serial killer (besides Bush) in the world in the nexxt few years.
By stripping Saddam from having a decent trial, the world lost the chance to give the humanity a perfect example of a fair trial to a real killer, in an internation level.
iNs@nE
Yep, I too saw that version. It wasnt that bad after all. I mean for the crap as s stuff he did while he was alive what he got was really very less...

I am totally against the idea of hanging Saddam Hussain and Osama Bin Laden but then again once I saw it happen I felt that it was right...well you might call me Parallel Minded Fk but i really cant help...

At first I did feel that Saddam killed a 148 people because he felt he was doing it right...and as far as that was clear in his head..he could go ahead..and when they hung the guy on TV, it was the same again...they felt what they were doing was correct...

But I would like to raise one question here....
Never Before was a Hanging telecasted on TV ...why Now? The government comes up with whole lot bullshit laws to prevent young people from watching violence in the movies...what do you call this? A news channel is openly telecasting a gruesome event and thousands of kids all around the world are watching it...

They say that this would instill fear in the hearts of others before trying to be the next Saddam but I dont think so...if Saddam ever did good to any one in this world, then that one particular person would be pissed off for sure and might as well turn out to be the next Saddam Hussain....
pashmina
It very insane to hang to death. could have sentenced to life long prison life instead.
iNs@nE
Ah! What can we say? iNs@nItY is the name of the game.
TripleSicx707
More Violence And Trouble Headed For The U.S. And Its Brothers In Arms.
riyadh
i'm not saying tht saddam was a good man but look at bush. bush is no better than saddam. don't you think bush is committing crimes against humanity and let's not forget his sidekick - the prime minster of israel. yesterday was eid-ul-adha, one of our most celebrated festivals. it was insulting to see someone being executed on this day. man, america knows how to make people miserable!
cloudship
he is dead, no discussion is worth it.

but i think, USA is happy to see his death and Islam is not all agreeable.

Terror is not the death of Sadam, but the death of the peaceful world order.
urangkayo
i think saddam deserved to get fair judgement, not like this.

at this moment, i think it's not fair for saddam, coz he not get fair treatment IMHO

but i don't believe after saddam died IRAK will peace forever
iNs@nE
Yes. That was sad. I hoped he would be tried long enough. I mean the guy had gone old already. Even if they let him live, the maximum he could touch was another 10 years with all that stress and pain he goes through.

The saddest part was that they didnt even wiat for the new year to come. According to Bush the new year was going to be a peaceful one and he wanted to mark it with the death of a tyrant. Nice way! Starting a whole new year talking about a dead guy whom people consider a hero and a tyrant at the same time.

Some one said it right. Doesnt matter now. He's dead and its over.
ibay
palavra wrote:
-most probably- saddam will go to hell because of his deeds in this world
but he will not be the only ex-president in hell.


-how many people died because of saddam?
-how many people died because of bush?


So now I'm hoping to see bush going to be hanged in the same way Idea
this will be much more joyful for a much larger number of people from not only Iraq, but all over the world Exclamation
Da Rossa
cloudship wrote:
he is dead, no discussion is worth it.

but i think, USA is happy to see his death and Islam is not all agreeable.

Terror is not the death of Sadam, but the death of the peaceful world order.


You're wrong. It's high time the world open it's eyes to all this hypocrisy.

riyadh wrote:
i'm not saying tht saddam was a good man but look at bush. bush is no better than saddam. don't you think bush is committing crimes against humanity and let's not forget his sidekick - the prime minster of israel. yesterday was eid-ul-adha, one of our most celebrated festivals. it was insulting to see someone being executed on this day. man, america knows how to make people miserable!


Agreed! Look at the hypocrisy again!
hunnyhiteshseth
Saddam Hussien was not evil he was projected as evil by USA. No WMDs were found in Iraq which was the pretext to attack Iraq.
And about mass murders,it happened after an assasination attempt on his life. Every human has a right to protect himself by taking premptive actions, which even USA is doing now. Also he was president at that time, so it was not illegal to kill anybody. And if it was illegal by him, then by same analogy george bush should be hanged first.
mattneed
That man Deserves what he got. He absolutley deserved it. He killed hundreds of thousands of people for what?
pashmina
See this picture


<James007>Picture removed</James007>
James007
I know it is tempting, but actually posting videos and pictures of the hanging itself isn't allowed on frihost. I had to remove them.
pashmina
sorry about that picture!!
Star Wars Fanatic
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
Saddam Hussien was not evil he was projected as evil by USA. No WMDs were found in Iraq which was the pretext to attack Iraq.
And about mass murders,it happened after an assasination attempt on his life. Every human has a right to protect himself by taking premptive actions, which even USA is doing now. Also he was president at that time, so it was not illegal to kill anybody. And if it was illegal by him, then by same analogy george bush should be hanged first.


Lol, no WMDs in Iraq were found, true, however, he did use WMDs on his own people, and there is proof, he used chemical and biological weapons on his own people.

Why should Bush be hanged? What has he done? He has prevented many, many deaths with his actions. Has he gone out and said, "I don't like these citizens, lets rape, torture, and kill them!" No he hasn't in fact, he hasn't gotten anywhere near anything like that.

And had he done that, he would have been removed from the presidency faster then you could post bull about him.

Death toll under Bush, only deaths I am counting are the direct result of the War. 3000 Americans*. 5900 Iraqi police and soldiers, 55,000 Iraqi Citizen deaths**
Death toll under Saddam: between 1 million and 2 million have died directly as a result of Saddam.
Death toll in the month long Battle of the Bulge during WWII: 20,000 US Troops

So, what we have here, is a lessening of deaths in US wars, and a lessening of deaths of Iraqi citizens, why you complain, I don't really know, maybe you guys just like death, just as long as Bush doesn't do it. But I guess it is alrite for other people to kill.

* Which, by the way, is is little compared to the more then 100 people worldwide who die every minute.
** Most of which were caused by terrorists.
riyadh
as always, ther are some stupid ppl who still don't see bush for the all the things he is. he has prevented other countries from monoplising the U.S because he wants america to be the superpower cos then no one can stop them. for example, when unocal was put up for auction, a chinese company put up the highest bid with the american company, chevron, on its tail but still millions of dollars less than tht of the chinese company. seeing this, bush urged the senate to pass a new law stating tht foreign companies should less priority then national companies when it comes to selling companies.

another example. this dates back to around 1947 when palestine was partitioned. some countries had voted against the partition with one of them being france. america at tht time threatened to stop all aid to france and the other countries which voted against the partition. i think tht tells a lot of america. and anybody is wondering why france surrendered to the threat, it was because all the european countries were devastated from world war II and had to helped to get back on their feet and america was the only who could help them because of all the money tht they gained from the european during the war.

everyone has flaws. nobody is perfect. nobody can be perfect. if this is what saddam deserves, then bush deserves it more because raping and killing does not define crimes against humanity.
LostOverThere
vervaeke wrote:
He very much deserved to die. Argue all the semantics you want, but we all know he was a bad person. And I'd love to see the video.


No One deserves to die, no matter how evil they are. To me, the death penalty is wrong, very wrong, my 2 Cents.
truespeed
Star Wars Fanatic wrote:


Why should Bush be hanged? What has he done? He has prevented many, many deaths with his actions. Has he gone out and said, "I don't like these citizens, lets rape, torture, and kill them!" No he hasn't in fact, he hasn't gotten anywhere near anything like that.

And had he done that, he would have been removed from the presidency faster then you could post bull about him.

Death toll under Bush, only deaths I am counting are the direct result of the War. 3000 Americans*. 5900 Iraqi police and soldiers, 55,000 Iraqi Citizen deaths**
Death toll under Saddam: between 1 million and 2 million have died directly as a result of Saddam.
Death toll in the month long Battle of the Bulge during WWII: 20,000 US Troops

So, what we have here, is a lessening of deaths in US wars, and a lessening of deaths of Iraqi citizens, why you complain, I don't really know, maybe you guys just like death, just as long as Bush doesn't do it. But I guess it is alrite for other people to kill.

* Which, by the way, is is little compared to the more then 100 people worldwide who die every minute.
** Most of which were caused by terrorists.


You could argue that Bush,led an illegal invasion of Iraq,his reasons for the invasion were weapons of mass destruction,and yet none were found,so in effect the invasion was illegal,and as i have said before if these were his reasons why hasnt he invaded Iran or North Korea?

The USA only got involved in Iraq because they want to control what goes on in the middle east to maintain oil supplies to the USA,they couldnt control saddam so thought they would remove him.

Many Iraq citizens have been killed under the orders of Bush,are they not crimes against humanity?
Da Rossa
Star Wars Fanatic wrote:


Lol, no WMDs in Iraq were found, true, however, he did use WMDs on his own people, and there is proof, he used chemical and biological weapons on his own people.

Why should Bush be hanged? What has he done? He has prevented many, many deaths with his actions. Has he gone out and said, "I don't like these citizens, lets rape, torture, and kill them!" No he hasn't in fact, he hasn't gotten anywhere near anything like that.

And had he done that, he would have been removed from the presidency faster then you could post bull about him.

Death toll under Bush, only deaths I am counting are the direct result of the War. 3000 Americans*. 5900 Iraqi police and soldiers, 55,000 Iraqi Citizen deaths**
Death toll under Saddam: between 1 million and 2 million have died directly as a result of Saddam.
Death toll in the month long Battle of the Bulge during WWII: 20,000 US Troops

So, what we have here, is a lessening of deaths in US wars, and a lessening of deaths of Iraqi citizens, why you complain, I don't really know, maybe you guys just like death, just as long as Bush doesn't do it. But I guess it is alrite for other people to kill.

* Which, by the way, is is little compared to the more then 100 people worldwide who die every minute.
** Most of which were caused by terrorists.


Man, I'm sorry, I don't even know your age but you do have too much to learn. Ok, many say he actually used WMDs on his people... but PROOF? you point me where it is (maybe a unquestionable link.) And if he USED, meaning PAST, does this mean that he still poses as a threat? Far from it.

Bush: how many deaths has he caused? Since the invasion, the violence in there has grown a lot. How many iraqis were murdered? Far more than the 3000 american soldiers so far. Bush is the murderer himself.

"Most of which were caused by terrorists" <-- I'm sorry again, but you're funny!!
Optimos
Saddam deserved his execution for all the terrible things he has done in his life and im glad the sick man is dead!
riyadh
seems optimos is leaning towards bush. why is it tht americans and alike just can't see the real bush. saddam may have done evil things but why fret about the past. i forgot...tht is wat americans like doing the most and also sticking their noses into other countries' business. bush has done more evil things than saddam has done and tht is in 3 years whereas saddam did it in 2 decades. and don't get me started on israel. america has stood by them during the war in lebanon. i don't knw why but when the war did finally end, more than a thousand civilians were killed whereas only a few hezbollah men were killed. talk about hypocrisy. america and israel knw it very well. i think they teach 'advanced hypocrisy' at school.

p.s optimos is such a corny name
jamie
it is so interesting.he was alive at about 2 years but at a short time he is executed.i think there is something wrong in this execution
truespeed
They said yesterday, that the man who videoed it on his moby was arrested. I think this story will run and run,i notice that the americans are keeping very quiet over this,they had him in american custody for three years,and only gave him over to the Iraq's just before he entered the gallows chamber.

Also Tony Blair was conveniently out of the country,and still is,and unavailable for comment. Between them they have misjudged the whole Iraq,invasion,and everything that has happened since,they both have a lot to answer for,but seem to be avoiding the questions.

ps: Im suprised the link to the video has been removed as it is all over the net,you can even find it on Youtube.
Lord Klorel
I am glad that Saddam has been executed, but this choosen day wasn't a good idea. Even all the victims and there family will be on there hunger, because of the quick death of Saddam.
A proper death can't be choosen. The perfect sentence for Saddam was suffering in a cell for eternity.
I am actually against the death setence, but for this type of people i will never show any compassion.
TurkishGamer
I am not sure if its mentioned, but I think they purposefully picked the eve of a holy muslim holiday to hang him. If they did this intentionally, it was to cause fightinh between shiites and sunnis on the holy day of kurban,
Da Rossa
TurkishGamer wrote:
I am not sure if its mentioned, but I think they purposefully picked the eve of a holy muslim holiday to hang him. If they did this intentionally, it was to cause fightinh between shiites and sunnis on the holy day of kurban,


Might have been a request made by the shiites. They cheered with shoots to the sky.
TurkishGamer
I don't think it was either side.

Because even at times of war in Iraq, the fighting would temporarily stop during holy holidays. Also, I heard that about a month before a holy holiday, the death sentence would be taken off and nobody would be given the death sentence during some time after the holiday.
nappy
I have to say, despite what he has done, I can't justify his execution. I just don't believe in it. I can't say the trial was particually fair either.

And just to get a bit more controversial.... was anything around this war fair with the US in charge? History is written by the victors.... is in fact the US more of a threat when it comes down to it?
vandame
Firs of all,
Hi for all

I dont belive what happened, they see how Saddam dead ?
ur not u can see in some sites related with videos.
But i come here to express my opinion about his dead, because how a people can dead in this way ? they bring saddam in the wrong hands, they bring saddam to his ennemy, its not correct, because i u see the video, the mans who killed he say a lot of **** to saddam, buts there mans dont need to say nothing, they just need to kill, this is they profession. I thing the world need to have a lot of chanes, because in the way that are going, one day will be very bad than now.
No more to say !!! Shocked
Thomas_uk
personally i belive that sadam should of been killed for his crimes but not in the way that he was. Hanging him in the same place that he sent so many to their deaths almost dignifies his behavior and makes a martyr out of such and evil man. I don't like the way the film of his death is going around the interent, but not for the reason that it is him, plainly because it is stick and vouyeristic. Exclamation
wormsunited
It's sick that other people are watching him die and getting entertainment from it. :s
ysamphy
I didn't follow the story closely but from what I watched from the Google video, the link to which can be found below, I would say it is not right to hang Saddam.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7696194035214442574&pr=goog-sl
Annush_K
If they wanted to punish him, they could just put him into jail to the rest of his life. Practice shows, this is MUCH more cruel than killing the person straight away. I think his hanging was a part of that odd show for public, that has been happening in Iraq. And, my personal opinion - he should not have been hanged. Being hanged is one of most disgraceful ways to die. Saddam was the reason for many deaths and all, BUT he was the leader of his country and fought for it, despite the ways he used for achieving his aims.
bangala
To hell with Saddam!
He killed 180 thousands Kurdish civilians and admitted that on a video.
He killed 140 Shiites and had admitted that while on trial and was laughing in front of the judge wondering: what's wrong with that? I'm the president!
He killed 100s of thousands of Iraqis during the uprising in 1991 after his defeat in Kuwait.
He made ~ 5 millions Iraqis (almost 25% of Iraq population) flee their country.
He caused 3 wars in the region that left millions dead.
The list is tooo long! Does it really worth talking about this sickness??
ainieas
This execution may be one of the biggest tactical errors in recent times. They have made a martyr of a man who was a killer. And the timing was just so bad. It was like taunting the Muslims. I don't understand why just ahead of Eid. The end result was, special prayers were said for him after the Eid prayers. Now go justify that!
palavra
bangala wrote:
To hell with Saddam!
He killed 180 thousands Kurdish civilians and admitted that on a video.
He killed 140 Shiites and had admitted that while on trial and was laughing in front of the judge wondering: what's wrong with that? I'm the president!
He killed 100s of thousands of Iraqis during the uprising in 1991 after his defeat in Kuwait.
He made ~ 5 millions Iraqis (almost 25% of Iraq population) flee their country.
He caused 3 wars in the region that left millions dead.
The list is tooo long! Does it really worth talking about this sickness??

i think lots of people agree he was not a good man.
BUT
he died with his secrects
in court, nobody talked about "180 thousands Kurdish civilians"
and where did saddam got the weapons for this mass destructions.
Quote:

He caused 3 wars in the region that left millions dead.

the worst one was iraq-iran war.
who did support and encouraged saddam for this war?

and i think EID was not a mistake

it was DELIBERATELY.
Moonspider
palavra wrote:

the worst one was iraq-iran war.
who did support and encouraged saddam for this war?


Although you did not explicitly say it, I believe you are implying that the United States wanted Iraq to invade Iran.

Having studied under Ambassador Joseph Twinam in Middle Eastern affairs (who served as an under secretary of state during the Carter Administration and as an ambassador to Bahrain from 1974-1976), I can assure you that not only was the United States not involved in Saddam's decision to invade Iran, the State Department officially briefed President Carter on their reasons why they believed Saddam would not be foolish enough to do so.

His invasion of Iran came as a complete surprise to the administration. Any war in the region was contrary to our desire for stability and secure oil supplies, not to mention that it threatened the security of our allies such as Saudi Arabia and Jordan.

Saddam was supported by the Soviet Union, the nation we perceived as the greatest threat to the region at the time and the basis for the Carter Doctrine. Neither Iran nor Iraq was an ally. Iran despised the United States. Iraq was an ally of our archenemy. We wanted neither side to lose, and neither side to win. Stability and secure oil supplies were our only desire. The U.S. provided intelligence and weapons to Iraq after 1982, when Iran started gaining the upper hand. Controversially (and in contradiction to U.S. policy), the U.S. also sold weapons to Iran. These transactions were done through third parties and other countries.

Here is a link on the basic history of U.S. policy in the Middle East during the Nixon to Reagan years.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/cgi-bin/texis.cgi/webinator/search/?query=george+tenet+iraq+al&pr=default&order=r&cmd=context&id=42b6160d252

Respectfully,
M
bangala
palavra wrote:
bangala wrote:
To hell with Saddam!
He killed 180 thousands Kurdish civilians and admitted that on a video.
He killed 140 Shiites and had admitted that while on trial and was laughing in front of the judge wondering: what's wrong with that? I'm the president!
He killed 100s of thousands of Iraqis during the uprising in 1991 after his defeat in Kuwait.
He made ~ 5 millions Iraqis (almost 25% of Iraq population) flee their country.
He caused 3 wars in the region that left millions dead.
The list is tooo long! Does it really worth talking about this sickness??

i think lots of people agree he was not a good man.
BUT
he died with his secrects
.

Not a good man?? And how would you define an evil?
What secrets? His court was being streamed live on tv and he was saying whatever he likes. I was following his funny speeches through Iraq TV. He has no secrets because he was so stupid to keep them. That's why his nuclear program was long discovered and destroyed by Israelis.
Quote:

in court, nobody talked about "180 thousands Kurdish civilians"
and where did saddam got the weapons for this mass destructions.

Did I tell you he's so stupid? He used to record and document his crimes and an aired recording of him was showing him giving orders to kill all Kurdish people in the Anfal area. I agree with you that a trial for this crime was important and it'd have been more fair for his victims in al Anfal area if he was throughly trialed for that. However, the situation in Iraq did not allow to keep him more and he had to be executed quickly specially that he admitted clearly about his responsibility in Dujail masacre.
Quote:

Quote:

He caused 3 wars in the region that left millions dead.

the worst one was iraq-iran war.

who did support and encouraged saddam for this war?

That's not the question Palavara! He was the head of a nation and was responsible about his decisions. We can critisize America for its policy in the region but at the end he's the one behind these dangarous wars.
Quote:

and i think EID was not a mistake

it was DELIBERATELY

You are right! The time was critical for the Iraqi government and it was essential for them to execute him immediately, and BTW, there's no offense at all in executing him in Eid. On the contrary, most iraqis, Kuwaitis, and Iranians found it to be a good opportunity to celebrate his execution on the Eid. There's no problem at all in Islam or the soceity in executing a court decision on a criminal on the Eid holiday. BTW, Saddam Hussain is the only president in the ME who was ever trialed and his trial was aired on TV. All previous Iraqis leaders were killed violently and their bodies' location was never known till now. In fact, the former Iraqi president A.Karim Qasim was killed by Saddam's Ba'ath Party without trial in the Holy month of Ramadan. His body was thrown in the river!
hunnyhiteshseth
Star Wars Fanatic wrote:
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
Saddam Hussien was not evil he was projected as evil by USA. No WMDs were found in Iraq which was the pretext to attack Iraq.
And about mass murders,it happened after an assasination attempt on his life. Every human has a right to protect himself by taking premptive actions, which even USA is doing now. Also he was president at that time, so it was not illegal to kill anybody. And if it was illegal by him, then by same analogy george bush should be hanged first.


Lol, no WMDs in Iraq were found, true, however, he did use WMDs on his own people, and there is proof, he used chemical and biological weapons on his own people.

Why should Bush be hanged? What has he done? He has prevented many, many deaths with his actions. Has he gone out and said, "I don't like these citizens, lets rape, torture, and kill them!" No he hasn't in fact, he hasn't gotten anywhere near anything like that.

And had he done that, he would have been removed from the presidency faster then you could post bull about him.

Death toll under Bush, only deaths I am counting are the direct result of the War. 3000 Americans*. 5900 Iraqi police and soldiers, 55,000 Iraqi Citizen deaths**
Death toll under Saddam: between 1 million and 2 million have died directly as a result of Saddam.
Death toll in the month long Battle of the Bulge during WWII: 20,000 US Troops

So, what we have here, is a lessening of deaths in US wars, and a lessening of deaths of Iraqi citizens, why you complain, I don't really know, maybe you guys just like death, just as long as Bush doesn't do it. But I guess it is alrite for other people to kill.

* Which, by the way, is is little compared to the more then 100 people worldwide who die every minute.
** Most of which were caused by terrorists.


Man you are contradicting yourself! You are saying Saddam used WMDs on his own people but not used them on US led attacking forces. Saddam is not a stupid person.

If he had killed 1-2million people nobody would have supported him in Iraq also. If somebody today assasinate Bush, US government would probably kill 10million people worldwide.
alkutob
What do you think of this ?

Link removed by Wumingsden
Related topics
The Trial of Saddam
Justification for War in Iraq
Anti-Saddam tendancy of our president is a good thing.
Muslims Should be Thanking US for Iraq Invasion
Voting in Iraq and the Trial of Saddam
Conservative Christian Dictionary.
Support Danish
Articles of Impeachment for President Bush
September 11 plotter Moussaoui, should he be executed?
BUAHAHAHA!!1 (al-Zarqawi edition)
The Supreme court rules
No Saddam link with Al Qaeda
America is you, no matter who you are
Saddam sentenced to death
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Discuss World News

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.