FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

XP problem

bukaida
For last few days, I am facing a problem with my system Installed Windows Xp. System Re-starts very frequently and boot after 5 to 6 times restart. Any suggestions to fix the problem.
tommyjordache
Looks like your power supply has gone to the....or maybe its just a lot of dust heaped up on your fans ?

Open the pc - clean the fans (DO NOT USE a vacuum cleaner unless you HOLD the fan still)

cheerz

Tom
pashmina
I think it is the power cable problem. i think it is loose. do you use a UPS. if not try checking th cable connection inside the CPU. check if all the cables are firmly put together. this might fix the problem.
cloudship
It could be resulted from a virus.

When you exclude the power cable factor, try examine your background instances in your system.
The3dx
Do you see a warning that says Windows is now Restarting?
or it's just Boot sadenly?

If you see a warning...so it's probebly a Warm or a Virus...
but if it's boot in one shoot...so it's have to be part of the Hardware...
it's can be beacuse your CPU is to hot
it's can be cos your Fan stop working or not working too well...
check the tempture of the Hardware...there are alot of software that check it...
just run at google CPU temputre...
wlb
Except ventilator dust many, after eliminates not the good speech, may
in CMOS look a Hsiakuan to CPU some correlation establishments,
whether the computer again did open the CPU temperature establishment
too to be low or infected the virus, eliminated the virus, but also
not the good speech probably had to repair systematically
TheGeek
wlb wrote:
Except ventilator dust many, after eliminates not the good speech, may
in CMOS look a Hsiakuan to CPU some correlation establishments,
whether the computer again did open the CPU temperature establishment
too to be low or infected the virus, eliminated the virus, but also
not the good speech probably had to repair systematically

I think he is trying to say, try dusting the computer, if that does not help then its possible that your CPU is overheating. If your temperatures all check out then its possible that you may have a virus and that you should get rid of the virus using a virus scanner of some sort.
(hope that helps Very Happy )

My feeling is that it is one of a few things:

1. Power Supply in the computer is not working properly.
2. If you have a UPS attached to the computer, then maybe that is going bad.
3. Your computer is really really dusty and is thus causing a heat issue and causing the CPU to overheat and shutdown.
4. Virus, just run a virus scan to clear this and make sure its not that.
5. Memory corruption. If you get a blue screen right before shutdown, that is the problem.
6. Something in the computer is being shorted out. Possible jump in a solder point or maybe an exposed crossed wire..that would take some playing to figure out though.

The most likely and easiest to fix is the overheating. Just open up the computer and using a can of compressed air or an actual air compressor, just blow all the dust inside the case out, paying particular attention to the fans and the heatsinks (big metal blocks) and iside the powersupply (blow air through holes).

If that doesn't do it the second most likely is the Virus or the UPS if you have one attached.

From there, you would see definite symptoms before a shutdown.For example, if it was the powersupply were bad, it might make really loud humming noise or get extra hot while the computer is on. If it's the memory, the computer might show a blue screen, even just for a second right before it shuts down.

The hardest one to figure out would be the short. This would require a lot of knowledge of the inside of a computer and is probably best taken care of by a trained professional.
KoXaL
Check you CPU Fun or Power supply or Arrow mainboard. it is about pschicaly problem or hardwware problem. Another choice. delete your O.S.
MISC. HARDWARE ISSUES

-CD-ROM DRIVE: Samsung 24x
-DVD-RW DRIVE: Pioneer DVR-106 or DVR-108.
-MODEMS: Intel Ambient HaM Modem.

-MODEMS: Billion BIPAC PCI Passive ISDN-card.
-MOTHERBOARDS: Asus P2B-F, P2B-VM, or P2L97.
-MOUSE: Logitech. (STOP 0x000000D1, (0x0000002b, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xEEEE1b01) IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Kbdclass.sys)

-VIDEO CARDS: Hercules 3D Prophet 4500
USB Devices. (Stop 0x000000D1 (0x00000040, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xfc96a9dc))

thse are problem for you computer. serach on the net

http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.php
JJGY
There's a program out there called Fresh Diagnostics or something like that. If you took a system snapshot and let us look at it, it would be easy to tell whether or not it's a hardware issue.
I have had many situations where it is not however. There are several things you can do.

1) revert to a system restore point from your BIOS
2) boot safe made and run diagnostics
3) keep rebooting until your system starts, and then run diagnostics

Safe mode is probably your best bet. Try running that and then scan your computer with whatever antivirus stuff you have on hand. (I personally suggest Avast, AVG, Tennibril and spybot to check for everything.) Running a registry cleaner and of course, looking through your startup programs (CCleaner and Abexo are two good programs that I would run) should also help speed things up. If you still have a problem, run Hijack This and have someone with experience take a look through it.

Before you do this however, it may be wise to backup everything important. If your computer is acting this suspiciously, you may not be far from an eternal reboot or blue screen of death. I battled with a nasty bugger by the name of project1 last year that sent me from repeated reboots to a bluescreen within 24 hours.
bukaida
Thank guys, I've figured out that it was a virus.With online scanning the virus is eliminated.Now it's all right.Thank you again.