FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

She and her cat

animassacre

She and her cat

She and Her Cat: Their Standing Points depicts the chosen solidarity between the two characters (the girl and the cat) against everything outside their room. Though they interact and go about their daily life as any normal living things, their dependence within their own world gives the movie a deep meaning against the simple harshness of urban life.

There is no underlying plot as most of the movie is seen from the black and white perspective of the cat, of how he sees and adores his mistress and adds color to his world through colorful poetic musings of his observations together with the simple but endearing piano scoring similar to those you often hear from art films.

The visuals may not be appreciated by everyone but the overall atmosphere of the movie pulls on some heartstrings and is definitely worth the time to see.

You can get some info: here

Makoto Shinkai. One of my favorite anime directors. This was his first production, he animated it himself and had his fiance do the voice acting with him. He had a friend who owns an electronics store do the music.

After this he went on to do Voices of a Distant Star. Again with him, his fiance, and his friend. It won awards and got him recognised and was then able to do Beyond the Clouds a Place Promised in our Early Days, one of my favorite movies.

People compare his works to that of Hayao Miyazaki. He has been called the new Miyazaki in several reviews.

She and Her Cat was a very deep short, and yet was able to invoke emotions that some people couldn't do with hours of screen time. Makoto is very, very talented.

It's very strange that all of his movies deal with loneliness, isolation, and a somehow lost love. He must be a very sad person, or had some troubles in his childhood.

Also, he has a new movie coming out soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7u2k0tDNDs
jasmine
THis movie is absolutely wonderful. Short, simple and absolutely heart-tugging beautiful.

Quote:

Also, he has a new movie coming out soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7u2k0tDNDs

And what is this?! I'm absolutely loving it! What is the title and when will it come out! *so excited!*
animassacre

Makoto Shinkai is amazing. The only thing that i didn't found to whach from him is this.
And here is a link to Egao.

*bows down*

*chants* I am not worthy... I am not worthy... I am not worthy...
animassacre

jasmine wrote:
Where is this person getting such ideas?!
*bows down*
*chants* I am not worthy... I am not worthy... I am not worthy...

Not only that ,but he is working by his owln.
For ex. Beyond the Clouds -- he made it all alone. AMAZIING.

o_O I never heard of him, but I'm glad I did. But that seems like an interesting concept, the perspective and such.
Seiji
I've never heard of this movie. Is this the same director that created Beyond the Clouds? I'm surprised I've failed to see this. I'm going to have to go find it somewhere.
RubySlasher
Watched it on you tube. Whoa!
It's like a nostalgic poem and it really plays on a lot of your memory of senses and sounds (even smells, since it's referenced in there quite a bit), making it fit into your own experiences rather intimately (if at all. Guess there's a chance it doesn't really hit with you, right?) It's a nice little sensory piece, especially since it also presents quite a range of solitude emotions. And in the end, the deadpan line, "I think we like it" (this world.) It's the kind of thing you might think when you've had a dull day, but then you're driving down the road past fields and rolling hills, and it's amazing and beautiful and you realize you really like the world.
Lessien
oh my
i must admid i never heard of him but now i will def go see if i can find more of his creations
it looks so dif then the anime i have seen so far, it's like basic anime
but it does prove you don't need a fancy studio to create really wonderfull things