FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Shutdown & Windows Live Messenger

orcaz
hey, todae I just bought and installed KAV 6.0 into my computer. The installation was successful, but aft a while, I realised weird things happening on my comp. Firstly, when I click shutdown, the prompt is supposed to come up and the background is supposed to fade, but it didnt, and it appeared on the taskbar...

Then I cant remove the titlebar for Windows Live Messenger too!

Anyone has solutions?
shadowcastpm
I had the same problem when I installed Kaperspy, if you completed you pre -scan test, and found viruses attached to system files/program files e.g. winlogin.exe, and then deleted them as the virus scan tells you to by accident it's likely that you will have to use the repair function on the Windows XP disk. To do this boot Windows XP on system startup up, continue with install and you will see a repair option when installing Windows XP, select this and the disk will search for a previous windows installtions, select the correct one and it will overwrite/add the system files once again, it will not delete/modify any of your documents. I had exactly the same problem, I reccomend using a different secuirty suite e.g. Zone Alarm Secuirty Suite, that worked well for me =)

- Peter.