FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

File size

Dark-Tech
ive read that you do not allow large files on your servers

i have one file that is 30mb to me that is quite a small file no more than a 3 second download but i wanted to check to make sure it is infact small enough not to intrude upon the tos and bea waarrant for susspension or ban,

if it is in fact in violation of the TOS i will remove as per your request.

thx
Bondings
Dark-Tech wrote:
ive read that you do not allow large files on your servers

i have one file that is 30mb to me that is quite a small file no more than a 3 second download but i wanted to check to make sure it is infact small enough not to intrude upon the tos and bea waarrant for susspension or ban,

if it is in fact in violation of the TOS i will remove as per your request.

thx

It's allowed, as long as it's not massively downloaded. That rules is just to avoid frihost being used as a large-file/download host.
n0obie4life
Use rapidshare.de or yousendit.com or megaupload.com or savefile.com

If you think many people will download it Smile
Maka
n0obie4life wrote:
Use rapidshare.de or yousendit.com or megaupload.com or savefile.com

If you think many people will download it Smile

I dont reccomend megaupload there very slow.
yupeng
Also ,there are many email that allows big files,like gmail .
You can have a try.
Neus
gmail has a 10mb limit... so if you split the file into 3 parts you could send a 30 mb one... but then the reciever would need to have gmail too, because not many emails support such big files.. most have a max attach limit of like 1-5mb...

personally im surprised google hasnt started a briecase or something like yahoos... or webhost for that matter....

probably just a matter of time.... i mena, its up to what? 2.4gigs of storage for email? they have wayyyy too much webspace on their hands... Wink
althalus
Neus wrote:
they have wayyyy too much webspace on their hands... Wink

Ah, but you know how it is:

Wink
yupeng
Yes,gmail has 10MB file size limit.
In china,163.com offer email account that allows 30M file size.
Daniel15
Quote:

personally im surprised google hasnt started a briecase or something like yahoos...

For that you can use the GMail Drive Shell Extension: http://www.viksoe.dk/code/gmail.htm

Quote:

I have one file that is 30mb to me that is quite a small file no more than a 3 second download...

Do you seriously have internet that goes that fast?!?!!?!?!? (30MB in 3 seconds = 10 Megabytes/sec = 80 Megabits/sec!!!!!!!!)
yupeng
[quote="daniel15"]
Quote:

Do you seriously have internet that goes that fast?!?!!?!?!? (30MB in 3 seconds = 10 Megabytes/sec = 80 Megabits/sec!!!!!!!!)

Some times ,file transfer speed can get to the such speed
Neus
yeh if im having a good day ive reached 10mb/sec .... gotta love those days Wink those are the days you go and download those big massive game demos that youve been considering trying Wink or when i download a new version of linux or something...
Daniel15
I've only got dial-up Sad

But if I ever get broadband, I would get 1.5Mb/s ADSL. I would never go with cable (if you learn about networking, you'll understand why -- star topology vs. bus topology)

Basically, every person in your area is sharing the bandwidth of the cable... If your whole neighbourhood has cable, then you get really, really slow transfers. On the other hand, ADSL gives you dedicated bandwidth. Whatever bandwidth you get is used by you alone, whether it be 256Mb/s, 512Mb/s, 1500Mb/s... Whatever... You can get up to 24Mb/s on the new ASDL2+ (well, it's new here in Australia. People in America might get much faster internet, I don't know)
ignition
Isn't Comcast rolling out soon with 10 megabit up/down commercial connections?

That would be ****** awesome.
Dark-Tech
i did have an internet that fast at the time i had posted because i had completley cleaned my system updated all drivers and was using extremely good wires for connection with no splitters, since then my speed has decreased due to spyware network activity increase and a series of splitters to support all the otherthings hooked into the system so now if im lucky i can get it in 15 seconds
icarus
So there is absolutely no file size limit?

I would like to host some fan movies from Guild Wars on the site that may range from 30-50mb (only 2 or 3 max). I would host it somewhere else like filefront but when I use e107 (CMS) and use the downloads section, it only allows listing of the files hosted on the same server that the site is hosted (I think).

If anyone has a solution to this problem please reply.

BTW: I am using .7 versions of e107.
Sunny
Quote:
that is 30mb to me that is quite a small file no more than a 3 second download

Oh my godd!

Do you mean 3 minutes? 30 mb in 3 secs means connection of 80 Mega bits/sec that is great!!!

It takes me like a hour to download 30 mb. 3 secs is awsome dude, wish I had same connection as yours.

-------------
Sunny