FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Web Templates

Is dreamweaver the best program to use when creating websites?
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 7 ]
No (If so what program is better?)
50%
 50%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 14

NeOnCiTy
Could anyone please tell me where to get free web templates and how to use them because when i try to open them up with macromedia dreamweaver it always encryped error. Could anyone please help me?
nhlarry
NeOnCiTy wrote:
Could anyone please tell me where to get free web templates and how to use them because when i try to open them up with macromedia dreamweaver it always encryped error. Could anyone please help me?

really good and free templates:
http://andreasviklund.com/templates
http://www.openwebdesign.org/

as for macromedia, that is a really good program for beginners and pros alike; but i don't use it. you should learn how to code in html and css and use pspad.
Tex_Arcana
If you want a lot of good open source web templates then try www.oswd.org/. Open Source Web Design has tons of W3C compliant templates.

As for Dreamweaver I really haven't used ot. I learned HTML using notepad and I'm currently using Bluefish (a programming editor for Linux). Maybe DreamWeaver has some neat toys but I've never needed it.
Ka7raK
There are a lot of "Dreamweaver or not Dreamweaver" topics. Still, if you're a noob, you'll want to use Frontpage. Dreamweaver is not for noobs. It's for the begginner.
TDesign
I have a FrontPage and DreamWeaver. If you are new man i HTML you can use it both. Both of them are simle and its good for use.
Dragate
Okay, I think he's asking about opening up web templates from dreamweaver.

First of all... dreamweaver is an HTML WYSIWYG editor, and usually edits html, not really images?

What kinds of files are you downloading, these "templates"

Some sites have images and HTML files, some only have images and some only have HTML.

If you are opening the wront document like a jpg file, it's not gonna be a website, but an image.

If you some HTML, CSS or PHP or w.e language the website is made in, you can edit it yourself on notepad or something.

http://www.w3schools.com here is a tutorial site for HTML CSS JAVASCRIPT PHP mySQL and verything you can dream of.

Have fun.
juvenal007
nhlarry wrote:
NeOnCiTy wrote:

really good and free templates:
http://andreasviklund.com/templates
http://www.openwebdesign.org/

as for macromedia, that is a really good program for beginners and pros alike; but i don't use it. you should learn how to code in html and css and use pspad.

they estan very good... I am going to continue looking for but of this type... to elaborate my pagina Web when the posteo finishes to it Wink Wink
{name here}
If you want to show that you aren't a hack, make your own unique web design. Studio 8 is probably the best to do this since it provides absolutely every facility you need to make a good web page except for a CMS if you want that.
Ka7raK
Probably, it's a PSD template. But correct me if i'm wrong cause i never tried to open a PSD with Dreamweaver.
{name here}
Ka7raK wrote:
Probably, it's a PSD template. But correct me if i'm wrong cause i never tried to open a PSD with Dreamweaver.

PSD is an image format, not a text format like CSS and HTML. Dreamweaver cannot open PSD files. However Fireworks can.
Ka7raK
{name here} wrote:
Ka7raK wrote:

PSD is an image format, not a text format like CSS and HTML. Dreamweaver cannot open PSD files. However Fireworks can.

Ooooooooooooooooooooh really? So, tell me, do i have a sign saying "this guy's a dumb" on my signature? Because i'm quite sure that PSD is an image format. In fact, i'm 200% sure of that. Now, the guy who created the topic said:

"when i try to open them up with macromedia dreamweaver it always encryped error"

So, i, in my light-heartdness thought, "let me make fun of this guy while trying to give a valid option". And then, my brain told me to say it could be a PSD file. Of course Dreamweaver doesn't open them. But 25% of the templates come in PSD files and he could have gotten it from such a website.

Now, if you still think i thought Dreamweaver opened PSD files, i ask you to jump out of your window and hope to break your neck in the process.
achene
Well, dreamweaver might be ok. But you can do just as good in a normal .html editor like notepad++. Of cause dreamweaver is know for its WYSIWYG editor, but WYSIWYG editors never give you flawless code like you can code yourself.
But yes, it's indeed a lot better than frontpage.
Handyman
The PSD file is included so that you can edit the images to your liking. If you have photoshop you can change the images and reuse the html and css that has been created. Just dont change the names of the slices or reslice the image in Imageready.
xyclone
now im confident to say that dreamweaver is good in editing html..ived used dreamweaver in editing ASP and PHP file.. the plus factor of DW is that it can be more helpful on designing and viewing the layout of code created.. built in filemanagement is also good and coding is much easy in viewing errors..