FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

VNC getting the desktop

mike_phi
Hi there, I am using a VNC viewer on my pc based laptop and vncsrver on my linux based PC,

everything works fine i managed to connect and alll, I guess I am just looking for Gravy
here.

basically what I would like to have is the entire desktop accross my VNC connection, at the momment i just get the VNC windo and a shell.

Can anyone give me a few tips

cheers
otiscom
On the viewer login screen, click options and there's a Full Screen box to click.

Happy New Year.
mike_phi
Hi there all and thank you for your answer however that just maximised the sceen of the vcn console, the problem was I did not get the entire desktop in the VCN console.

I have managed to answer my own question after reading up and playing around a bit, basically, depending on the Linux distro you are using you need to enable the share desktop option which can be found under system, remote desktop, you however have to be root. so I now have my gravy, thnaks again for your help

cheers
turbowolf
Why not use X windows via ssh connection?
It's easy. Just ssh -X [your IP address] and then type your X program name in your console. that's it.
mike_phi wrote:
Hi there all and thank you for your answer however that just maximised the sceen of the vcn console, the problem was I did not get the entire desktop in the VCN console.

I have managed to answer my own question after reading up and playing around a bit, basically, depending on the Linux distro you are using you need to enable the share desktop option which can be found under system, remote desktop, you however have to be root. so I now have my gravy, thnaks again for your help

cheers