FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Pashmina Site

pashmina
my site http://pashmina.frih.net any suggestion to improve it. its about pashmina
the6thfactor
From what I can see, that's a pretty nice little layout you have there. Simple, but professional enough to stick out as a top-knotch e-commerce site. Nice work Smile
fx-trading-education
The site looks good and I wouldn't change much there, it's a good job.

Only 2 things: it seems that the galleries don't have pictures.
And I didn't find how the online shopping works
pashmina
Thank you for your valuable comments. I am still in the development stage. I am still working on the Cart system. And the gallery pictures will also be uploaded very soon.

Do you think the main banner is good? I mean do i need to change something
Can anybody give the idea what else this site might need.??
help will be very much appreciated
thank you
benjad
site looks awesome! A few thouhgts...

Header banner... crispen the text under the phone #. Can't read it.

I also get the feeling you are not located in the US. Consider multiple language versions. I am not familiar with your product, so can not really comment on the feel of the products page.

Add your address somewhere prominent. Preferably on every page. Redo the contacts page (one click.. especially with addresses, phone #'s emails etc...). This greatly inspired consumer confidence.
pashmina
Thank you for you comments and suggestions
Quote:
Header banner... crispen the text under the phone #. Can't read it.

I will work on the text under the phone number, and make it look more visible.
Quote:
I also get the feeling you are not located in the US

I am not located in the US.
Quote:
Consider multiple language versions

I will try but not sure to make it a multiple language. Can you suggest me any site which can do the converting thing.??
Quote:
I am not familiar with your product, so can not really comment on the feel of the products page
I will rewrite the product page so that the visitors can understand it more conveniently.
Quote:
Add your address somewhere prominent. Preferably on every page

I had just thought about this and then you just commented. I will surely correct the contact us page.

Do you have any other idea what an ideal online shop needs. Well the Cart system will launched very soon. Besides that?? any suggestion?
SamiTheBerber
You have nice website. I see that you have create your site with Joomla! It gives a very simple layout, which seems to be working. You have nice pictures. Only FAQ-page seems to be missing, so your site is nearly complete.

About coding, if you can fix them try it.
You don't have doctype.
You have misconfigured links, & in links should be in form of &
pashmina
SamiTheBerber wrote:
You have nice website. I see that you have create your site with Joomla! It gives a very simple layout, which seems to be working. You have nice pictures. Only FAQ-page seems to be missing, so your site is nearly complete.

About coding, if you can fix them try it.
You don't have doctype.
You have misconfigured links, & in links should be in form of &

Joomla is really great software if you are making a site with great layouts and lots of extensions. My site is still in the development stage. And i am really working on the Faq page too.

I will do my best to make my site good looking.
maybe i will put up a special offer to all the frihost members. just a thought, may be it will work!! Very Happy
pashmina
should i go for google adsense. is there any chances that google might reject my application? please review my site.
comment would be highly appreciated..
glenwood
Good, simplistic design. Very nice professional look.

My only advice is graphical:

1. Save your banner at a better quality. It's worth the extra KB's, especially if that is where a first impression is coming from. It will make the text more crisp and eliminate that glossy look.

2. Also, within the banner, you might set the opacity for the main logo's reflection to be a little less so the actual company name text will stand more bold. Just a minor change in Photoshop.

3. For the first image that appears to the right with the pink fabric on top, try air brushing the left side, so it doesn't look quite as rigid and break the text so strongly. Transitions are always appealing to the eyes.

4. I don't have a suggestion really, but the two images in the middle of the page kinda break up the rest of the site and ruin the flow of text and information. Maybe think of another way to present those images in terms of layout or size so that the general flow remains on the home page.

There is my 2 cents. Hopefully that helps. Real minor suggestions. Great site. Good luck!
Mosquito.Tyler
It seems almost everything I was going to say has already been said. There is one issue that has not been addressed, however. On your email form, the bottom input field is crowded. looks like you need a <br /> tag Smile.
pashmina
glenwood wrote:
Good, simplistic design. Very nice professional look.

My only advice is graphical:

1. Save your banner at a better quality. It's worth the extra KB's, especially if that is where a first impression is coming from. It will make the text more crisp and eliminate that glossy look.

2. Also, within the banner, you might set the opacity for the main logo's reflection to be a little less so the actual company name text will stand more bold. Just a minor change in Photoshop.

3. For the first image that appears to the right with the pink fabric on top, try air brushing the left side, so it doesn't look quite as rigid and break the text so strongly. Transitions are always appealing to the eyes.

4. I don't have a suggestion really, but the two images in the middle of the page kinda break up the rest of the site and ruin the flow of text and information. Maybe think of another way to present those images in terms of layout or size so that the general flow remains on the home page.

There is my 2 cents. Hopefully that helps. Real minor suggestions. Great site. Good luck!

Firstly Thank you for you suggestions.

for suggesiton no1. i agree with you. i should save the banner with more better quality. i worth doing for some extra Kilobytes.

for suggestion no2. i will make the company name a bit bold than the reflection of that it appears to be more bold.

for the suggestion no.3 i will try to change the picture because, the picture published hasn't gone to digital filter. so i should consider keeping a kind of picture that reflects the whole junk of shawls. if i can i try to make it look rigid

for the suggestion no.4 i agree with you. i try to work out other layouts. i agree that it ruins the flow of text and information.

again thank you for the suggestions.
ncwdavid
I would change one thing. Get rid of the number of visitors. I think they should never be on a site. If the figure is low it makes the site look bad and if its too high it looks fake and a set figure. That only my opinion though.
pashmina
ncwdavid wrote:
I would change one thing. Get rid of the number of visitors. I think they should never be on a site. If the figure is low it makes the site look bad and if its too high it looks fake and a set figure. That only my opinion though.

I think you are right...