FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Counterstrike CZ problem..

JamesBond
i have this strange problem while running CSCZ. my pc runs it extremely fast in the beginning but it becomes unbearably slow in the middle of the game. after a few seconds, it becomes fast again. alternately, this happens and i'm quite fed up with it.

pls help me solve this problem, as i find it a good game..
LukeakaDanish
Are you by any chance playing with a lot of bots? - i experienced this once, playing with >30 bots in CS:Source - I would move really fast until the firefights started and the bots had to think - then slow - and once most of the bots where dead, fast again.
QrafTee
JamesBond wrote:
i have this strange problem while running CSCZ. my pc runs it extremely fast in the beginning but it becomes unbearably slow in the middle of the game. after a few seconds, it becomes fast again. alternately, this happens and i'm quite fed up with it.

pls help me solve this problem, as i find it a good game..

Could be lag caused by your modem/ISP/ethernet cable/NIC/router.

Could be your PC overheating so it compensates by slowing down, then repeats over and over.

Could be your memory cache is being strained so as it dumps, it goes faster, but it quickly gets cluttered. Or memory leakage.

Could be programs running in the background causing your PC to slow down momentarily.

There's more, but that's all I can come with on the top of my head.
JamesBond
first of all, i dont play the game online. i play with bots in single player mode. also, the number of bots dont exceed 5. thats not too much.
iNs@nE
Check your resolution. Lower it to an extent that your graphics card and your processor can support!
LukeakaDanish
Seriously...i doubt that this has something to do with his pc - seen as it runs "extremely fast" in the beginning, and then slower, and then fast again, I'm pretty certain its to do with excessive bot calculations - in which case he should drop some bots and/or play online instead.
JamesBond
LukeakaDanish wrote:
Seriously...i doubt that this has something to do with his pc - seen as it runs "extremely fast" in the beginning, and then slower, and then fast again, I'm pretty certain its to do with excessive bot calculations - in which case he should drop some bots and/or play online instead.

what do u seriously mean by bot calculations?? i dont understand how it will run fast online..
LukeakaDanish
JamesBond wrote:
LukeakaDanish wrote:

what do u seriously mean by bot calculations?? i dont understand how it will run fast online..

I had missed the following post:

Quote:
first of all, i dont play the game online. i play with bots in single player mode. also, the number of bots dont exceed 5. thats not too much.

Nonetheless - your computer has to calculate what the bots should do, and - especially when they are in a firefight, this slows you down - of course combined with the strain of running the game anyway.

How fast is your pc?

Also: Playing online is 10 times more fun, trust me Smile
QrafTee
Danish has the right idea. You're going to have to post your specs if we can help you any further.
AGW-Bryan
If I were you I would upgrade your ram. Maybe you should check your frame rate.
JamesBond
it is quite less, though it meets th minimum requirements by a huge margin..

Processor- Intel Celeron 700 Mhz
RAM- 256 MD SDRAM
HD- Samsung 100 GB (thats not required, is it??)
Windows XP Professional triple booted with Ubuntu and Fedora Core 6
LukeakaDanish
JamesBond wrote:

RAM- 256 MD SDRAM

How many bots where you playing with when the problem occurred, and are you using the standard bots or custom made ones?
QrafTee
JamesBond wrote:

RAM- 256 MD SDRAM

Well you have to keep in mind two things. One is the minimum requirements which is:
Minimum System Requirements
System: Pentium III 500 MHz or equivalent
RAM: 96 MB
Video Memory: 16 MB
Hard Drive Space: 500 MB
Other: Win-Compatible Sound Card

And then you need to keep in mind of the recommended requirements:
Recommended System Requirements
System: Pentium III 800 MHz or equivalent
RAM: 128 MB
Video Memory: 32 MB

So what you're experiencing is pretty much something I'd expect. You're running around 5 bots on a game which has recommended requirements that somewhat exceeds your computer's capabilities more or less.

And for future reference, it's good practice it also post your video card when asked for your system specs especially when it's about technical problems with a game.
wormsunited
Put net_graph 3 in console you might be getting fps lag due to system specs. There are various commands you can put into your config to get better fps just google for counter strike fps config.
nikos3044
ok what you have to do is start counterstrike condion zero then CTRL+ALT+DELETE THEN GO PROCESSES I THINK UNCHECK CPU 0 then YOUR PROBLEM IS SOLVED!!!
! Surprised
nikos3044
OH THEN YOU GO PROCESSES FIND COUNTERSTRIKE CONTIDION ZERO EXE FILE RIGHT CLICK THEN CLICK THE LAST ONE AND THEN UNCHECK CPU0 SOORRY! Confused
nikos3044
TRUSTTT ME IT WORKS I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM DID THAT AND WORKS OK!! Idea
drunkenkoz
Niko it doesn't work like that. All that is going to do is cause more pressure on his processor and that's the last thing he wants to do.