FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Deleting a site

caaltt
Okay....I have 2 sites in development, I published the first one as a test through frontpage on to my free hosting to determine....well....if it works.

Now....I'd like to remove the old site completely and replace it with a current more up-to-date version.

What is the fastest way to accomplish this??

Do I delete the public/html file in cpanel thus removing everything and then recreate a new blank public/html??

Any suggestions please??
Ashley
Do not delete the public_html folder as cpanel starts to show errors and may stop you making the folder again, just login using ftp through some ftp program and select and delete all files.
n0obie4life
Delete the files in your old site.

DO NOT DELETE PUBLIC_HTML
althalus
Ashley wrote:
Do not delete the public_html folder as cpanel starts to show errors and may stop you making the folder again, just login using ftp through some ftp program and select and delete all files.
Just make sure you have a program that allows of deleting folders with files still in them. My old ftp-program (can't remember the name) had me go through every folder manually, deleting the files by hand and that was a pain in the a**.
yupeng
Fist move all files to one dir.Then delet the dir in Cp
caaltt
Thanks for the help guys/girls,

I got it!

I just used Frontpage's "publish...", selected all the files I needed gone on my site using the applet and deleted. It was rather simple actually....can't believe I didn't think of it sooner.

Thanks again,

caaltt.