FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

DirectAdmin upload handles only one file at a time?

SonLight
Hello, I just got my site and uploaded a couple of files using the DirectAdmin file manager. I browsed for 3 different files in positions 1, 2, and 3, then clicked on the "upload files" button. I got a status page saying that one file (the #1 box) was uploaded. There was no error message. I repeated it a couple of times, and it always uploaded just the first file.

Is this a general problem, or is it something about my site or the way I'm doing it? It's a nuisance, but not a big one. If others are able to upload several files at a time, let me know and I'll try to figure out what's different about the way I did it.

I noticed it's easy to make tarballs, but didn't see an easy way to uncompress them. Eventually I would like to use tarballs to make copies of the site, so would like to know how to upload and decompress. It would also be nice if the zip format could be used, for the benefit of my Windows-only friends.

Thanks for the hosting. The site works fine.
wumingsden
SonLight wrote:
Hello, I just got my site and uploaded a couple of files using the DirectAdmin file manager. I browsed for 3 different files in positions 1, 2, and 3, then clicked on the "upload files" button. I got a status page saying that one file (the #1 box) was uploaded. There was no error message. I repeated it a couple of times, and it always uploaded just the first file.

Is this a general problem, or is it something about my site or the way I'm doing it? It's a nuisance, but not a big one. If others are able to upload several files at a time, let me know and I'll try to figure out what's different about the way I did it.

I noticed it's easy to make tarballs, but didn't see an easy way to uncompress them. Eventually I would like to use tarballs to make copies of the site, so would like to know how to upload and decompress. It would also be nice if the zip format could be used, for the benefit of my Windows-only friends.

Thanks for the hosting. The site works fine.

Are you sure your clicking a difference browse button for each of your file uploads and not just the very first one?

When you compress your files next to the rename option will be "extract", (but this only works for .tar.gz files)
SonLight
OK, I just tried it again. I made sure I had files listed in positions 1, 2, and 3, then clicked the upload button, and only one was uploaded.

I repeated the test using the "upload even more files" feature, and it worked correctly. So that's a pretty easy work-around if anyone else has a similar problem.

I suspect its OS and/or browser dependent. I am using ubuntu and Opera. I guess I will just ignore the problem unless someone thinks it's worth discussing at the DirectAdmin site.

Thanks for mentioning the "extract" option. I just discovered that a few minutes ago while experimenting with a backup. I will consider passing on the idea of compressing/uncompressing zip's also as a DirectAdmin feature.

Thank you for your prompt response.