FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

describe your dream home

evilryu530
currently looking into buying a home, what amenities would u like it to have? im not sure, still researching, would like to hear some of your opnions. what's your dream home??
Sharpe
I'd have to say the Playboy Mansion. :P

For real:

A house big enough for me and the future family.
Garage
Nice garden to the south, not too big, not too small.
in a suburban setting, quiet and peaceful
Close enough to shops/public transport to get around.

That sums it up.
ItsWesley
My dream house wouldn't actually be that practical. For one thing it would have loads of 'air vents' and secret passageways to go and hide in. It would also have a cinema, swimming pools and a lot of other stuff. I'm not sure where I'd want it though, probably not in britain as its gone to the dogs.
Nameless
I'd rather a small home to a large one (less work maintaining it!). Minimal garden, for the same reason (yes, I'm lazy). Preferably close to shops so I could just walk to do most shopping (location, location, location...).
zion
The Eureka Tower penthouse. No question about it.

It's the big one.
Teddy1
Huge mansion with nice decor, i would be sat here typing it into really big detail but i would say it's a nice one Smile, and you would love to live there Laughing
leat397
I live in Hong Kong, a tiny spaced apartment all around city. and I grown up there. My dream house is having a large spaces, having all the facilities In my house...at least a garden with half basketball court, a swimming pool...inside the house, there should have a room of cinema settings... and enough space to play Wii with my fd at the same time Laughing .

A medium sized table to play uno with my 1x friends, I don't want my house to be a party place but at just a sharing of 1x participants is enough..More, a Gym room..
Ray Gravin
I've always wanted to own an old factory. Renovate a portion of it for living space and use the rest for various art projects. I would love one of those old fashion warehouse elevators. The space would be the biggest turn on for me though. The up keep might be a little impractical but realizing this dream would require me having money. I could just hire people to help me with building maintenance.
Madic
I would love to have a 7k-10k square foot house with at least a 5 car garage, a huge kitchen with 2 full sized fridges and freezers. bedrooms should be at least 20x25 with full baths for each. it would have a pool with a jacuzzi and a waterfall that cascades from the jacuzzi to the pool. It would have a media room in the back that had blacked out windows and a 150" projector screen with 7.1 surround sound and every DVD known to man, all hooked up in their own 400 disc DVD players. And of course, it would have an elevator, because I'm too lazy to go up stairs.
Jert14
a big mansion Very Happy and.. somewere that you can live whit your own family Smile
DynamicNames
My dream home would basically be the typical mansion. It would have alot of decorative touches, a very high quality bathroom with gold, a gigantic bed with rooms for each of my family members, alot of air conditioning, a large backyard, a large plasma TV, and probably more that I forgot to mention. It's really not that original, but that is my dream house, or in this case, mantion. Razz
vinx_18
I like a house without a secondfloor or an attic. I like it to have two basements rather than upperfloors. Then secret passageways. Of course with basketball court in one of the basements, swimming pool in the center of the house and a lot of secret rooms. Smile
Petee
I'd like a medium to large sized house. A nice calm color scheme, nothing too bright. I would like a basement, along with main floor and upstairs. A balcony overlooking a quiet lake would be perfect. Also, I'd like nearly the entire house to be automated. You know, where the lights and everything are controlled by a few panels around the house.
Nothing too extravagant, no mansion or anything, but it would be home Wink
scorpiosemotion
Wow, people are really into secret rooms... Anyways! My dream home is a an Old Victorian home, with cozy furniture and a multi-level library. State of the art security and professionally up-kept grounds, with Horses. A large shop for my vintage car collection and a level of the house for gym equipment, oh and a wrap around porch to watch the sunset and rise! I'm sure I could think of more!
shwetanshu
6 rooms with attached toilet and bathrooms, a small beautiful garden and a terrace
BMB07
Nothing too fancy. But my dream home would contain the following:

At least 4 bedrooms with bathrooms/toilet - Maybe a games room...
2 living areas
Dining room
Huge kitchen
2 Garages
Big tool shed / maybe a granny flat.
Fully sound proofed recording studio.
Maintained front and back gardens.
kevin briggs
my dream home would be just outside bangor county down northern ireland.it would be in the country with acres of land on it with motocross tracks and shortcircuit tracks to be used all year round.the house it self would be state of the art(like the ones you see in cribs on mtv) Very Happy Very Happy
Blaster
Has at least 2 bathrooms. ITs important. If you have to go and someone else has to go then your in trouble. You have to wait. Also try to get some good sized bedrooms. Get everything you want. I want to draft my own house when i am older.
TeenZine
My dream home is one im most likely going to invent. A smart house
where the kichen makes its own food I just tell it what I want to eat and it will make it for me. All of the rooms of the house will have touch screen walls where I just say Calculator for instace and a calculator will apear on the wall and I can just touch the wall and use it Smile And when Im watching Tv I can tell it to deliver me a soda and it will get me a cold one out of the fridge. If I have to get up for w/e reason it will if im watching tv follow me to the other room and I will be able to watch it on w.e wall in w/e room.
alissavb
TeenZine wrote:
where the kichen makes its own food I just tell it what I want to eat and it will make it for me. All of the rooms of the house will have touch screen walls where I just say Calculator for instace and a calculator will apear on the wall and I can just touch the wall and use it Smile And when Im watching Tv I can tell it to deliver me a soda and it will get me a cold one out of the fridge. If I have to get up for w/e reason it will if im watching tv follow me to the other room and I will be able to watch it on w.e wall in w/e room.

Haha, that sounds a lot like the movie "Smart House". Razz That would be very cool though, ever since I saw that movie I've wanted a house like that. Who wouldn't want a house that cooks for you, cleans for you, and shows you huge serene scenes on the walls? Wink If you invent a real one, maybe I'll be the first to buy it. Very Happy

But realistically speaking, my dream house is a nice modern house with a 2-car garage, nice lush green lawn, possibly a swimming pool in back, just big enough to comfortably fit me and my future husband, nice high-tech electronics, etc etc. One day, one day. Smile
nilsmo
Computers, computers, computers, and a functional kitchen to be able to cook food quickly. Oh, a bed might be nice, too.
CaBz
My dream house... mmhhhhhh..

When I enter it, I fall asleep in two seconds, then now I stay in that mode. The box is enough hot to keep me alive, and gives me some food by magic stuff.

Ok, I stop my jokes.

In fact, I don't have a dream house. Embarassed
alkady
I prefer owning a penthouse on top of a condo for multiple reasons:

1. Low property tax - because you own the building already, there is no rent and the taxes are pooled in with the other tenants. Usually depending where you live, Condo's are actually a "Corporation" and the tenants act like the "Shareholders".
    2. Alot of amenities, such as Janitor, Maid, Free Repair etc. don't forget that because the only fees you pay are the "Service Dues", you get top notch amenities. Thats if you own one where everyone is willing to pay for the amenities.
    3. Security - No ones going to rob Suite 303 on the 88th floor. Only an idiot would rob the 88th floor.
    4. Indoor gym, pool etc. - well thats if you get one with those amenities.
    5. Located downtown - usually most condo's are located downtown, where all the real good stuff happen. Your close to the action
    6. Less liability - less work, you don't have to clean the basement where all the real ugly things are. Spiders, their webs etc.
    7. Less space - Usually people would like something spacious, but I prefer something less big and more easy to maintain and clean.

those are really my reasons of wanting a suite in a condo. Its not as nice as a mansion, but it's less of a liability.[/list]
munkey_boy
alissavb wrote:
TeenZine wrote:

Haha, that sounds a lot like the movie "Smart House". Razz That would be very cool though, ever since I saw that movie I've wanted a house like that. Who wouldn't want a house that cooks for you, cleans for you, and shows you huge serene scenes on the walls? Wink If you invent a real one, maybe I'll be the first to buy it. Very Happy

Ahem... They made a movie about a house? Lol. Razz

Anyway. My dream house would be a big modern house. Not that big but large. With like a 1000mbps internet connection. And a few cars in the garage. For example the Lamborghini Gallardo or Murcielago, Ferrari F1 (Not the formula 1 car). And a Suzuki Hayabusa.
Serafina
My dream home would probably be sort of isolated, I think a big patch of woods behind my house would be ideal. It would also have a big flower garden out front and a big vegetable patch out back just before the woods.

The house itself would be moderately sized. Big houses feel empty sometimes.

I have a vague idea really, I'm years away from having the means to purchase any kind of home. Let alone my dream house.
RhysAndrews
My dream home would start off as some old mansion (with lots of secret passages and rooms). I would then renovate it to make it modern, get a nice band-practice room (full of rigs Very Happy), and yeah.

-Rhys
OutlawSpirit
my dream house... has a roof Crying or Very sad
seanooi
i'd imagine my house to be just simple and tidy, but with nice stuffs in it, like a nice tv, sound system those sort. Laughing
Dragate
Not too big, near the city, but not too close.

Very urban and clean and simple. Stainless steel appliances, gleaming hardwood floors and ikea furniture.

Plasmas everywhere and a computer area with 5 computers on an intranet network with the most high-tech computers.

A indoor foot-shaped pool and sauna. A great rec room with pool, ping pong, and other things~

That would actually be so nice... Maybe a mini bar too, with no alcohol though, just bubble tea Razz
Tatsumaru
Hm, the home itself doesn't have to be that big, but the garden must be! I want a huge area with grass, a place with lots of freedom to practise some acrobatic sports on. Also, I'd have a little gym, divided in 2 sections: half would be a gymnastic/plyometric floor, and the other half would be a weightlifting room with only the essential stuff I need (bars, lots of plates, bench press bench, squat rack etc.), no machines.

That's really the only 'dream' thing for my house that I have in mind haha.
Illionaire
I would also like to have a relatively smaller house. I would want to do all of the maintainence and yardword myself. I would like to have a pool and maybe a hot-tub. A descent entertainment system in the basement would be nice. If I really had a lot of money to play with, I would like recording studio/jam room too.
bluecradle
a home theatre at the basement good for 10-20 people, a pool and a backyard basketball court is nice too. but the most important thing for me i guess is that it should have good internet connection Very Happy
cruisearound
Dream home, hmmm where do i start lol. I wouldnt really go for mansion status to be honest, nice & large maybe 5-6 bedrooms & a double garage would be nice. Always fancied a nice long gravel driveway mind you with one of those double security gates remote activated with cameras.
I would probably swing towards more old fashioned in terms of interior with modern appliances such as plasma tv well hidded behind oak doors that could be well hidden untill needed. I do like my gadgets & technology but prefer the classic looks so hidden design would be a deffinate must.
TribalArt
Defo in the country. Lived in it for a long time and love it. Land if possible. Surronded by trees, a giant oak somewhere. 4/Bed house with balconies over looking land/rolling countryside.

Prefer traditional english country home with the old timbers. To me they give the house more character.

A pool would be good but with the weather in england it can be kind of tricky.
sibbahz
Id like a larger house, with at least a spare bedroom, a nice big tv in it with a powerful sound system, a wireless network that actually works in it.
A nice large garden would be good with a swimming pool, and air conditioning in the house.
Would also like a nice long driveway so im not right against the road and with plenty of space to park.
As you can see, i dont want much!
OutlawSpirit
smaller house... small garden - dont care for gardens... clean and tidy.. space for my car etc... just something thats comfortable n not overlooked 2 much
burntwaffles
i want it by the sea, with a tennis court, own movie theater, and a swimming pool. It must be big and super grand too! lol.
thedrew
hmm my dream house.. white, castle-like, simple and neat. should be near theme park, if only this possible in an island ^^
Aimewitue
my house like i dream off is on a beach,just to view sea trought my windows,with vintage/retro inspiration off course!
raaeft1
My dream house must have a big lawn and backyard; a large dining hall and drawing room; two kitchens, at least three bed rooms with the latest furniture; excellent woodwork and solar water heating to save energy
Disaster-Pieces
raaeft1 wrote:
My dream house must have a big lawn and backyard; a large dining hall and drawing room; two kitchens, at least three bed rooms with the latest furniture; excellent woodwork and solar water heating to save energy

Ummmmm..... yeh what he said lol
mialynavahy
a cottage, or a lake house, filled with warm Smile
with a beautiful garden, 1 hour from the downtown
Droop
evilryu530 wrote:
currently looking into buying a home, what amenities would u like it to have? im not sure, still researching, would like to hear some of your opnions. what's your dream home??

Well it would have to be 2000 plus square feet and it's gotta have 3 floors, one of which is a full size basement. 3 car garage and big front and back yard maybe 3 acres, and I'd want it downtown Seattle hah I know crazy!!! -happy posting
scotty
3 acres anywhere that isn't rural is crazy let alone downtown anywhere!!!!!!!

my dream house would have a massive wall around it, be on the top of a hill, be in that neo-gothic french villa style with a big pool and out door entertaining area. it would have enough garage space for 4 cars and heaps of parking.
apple
My dream house is a split level house with 5 bedrooms and my husband of course!

Roomy yard, 5 bedrooms, at least 4 bathrooms, everyone must be almost self contained in their room, so the only time we're meeting is in the kitchen, infront the tv, or for a family meeting.
alfiqrah
I prefer to have a house in the village area... a peaceful area... without any noise from the vehicle or the factory... the environment is simple... not too sophisticated, not too empty. The important thing is to have a nice neighbour... not too busybody... I love to stay at home at night, to be with my family... and have a peaceful rest...

I don't mind if my house is a bit far from my workplace, because once i'm back from my work, i'll have a peace and calm environment...

one more thing, my home must have the internet connection!!
Keran
My dream house would be a great Mansion with either a beautiful view from the top of a mountain or a view on the sea... And more indepth description:
I'd like to have lots of rooms. Every room for something else like: "entertaintment" room, cinema room, pool room, large gym, few living rooms, few bedrooms, few bathrooms etc etc... But having them isn't everything, they would have to be fully equipped with modern technology stuff ;]
About architecture of the house: It would have to be atleast a 2 floor-building, lots of railings and small walls (that can be jumped) so I can practice Le Parkour in my own house Very Happy . In the outside there should be lots of space, awesome green grass for Akrobatics training, then a large pool or two, maybe some water cavern or something like from the Playboy Mansion ;]
And the last thing to make this house trully a dream one - Must have lots of girls living inside it Very Happy
filet
anything that overlook sea like the homes in the o.c is my dream house...
the pool seems at the same level with sea and the view is breathtaking
Helios
Nice topic Smile

Hmm, I always wanted to live in a medieval gothic castle in northern Norway (I hope there are castles like that in that area).
You know, my own private dungeon, secret passages, way too many rooms and cold dark walls... Rolling Eyes
billy
Nice topic. Anyways , i think location of your dream home is everything. I dont wanna be having a 10 story mansion in the middle of rural Cambodia.

Anyways , i think Scandanavia should be a sweet place to be << IMO ofc.
PatTheGreat42
Recently, I went off caffeine for like, 6-8 months.

Didn't touch it at all. When I was awake, it was 'cause of my own vocation, not chemicals found in soft drinks.

Then I had a big gulp. My brain was on FIRE.

Point is, I designed my dream house in like, five minutes. It was inspiring. I was describing it to myself in the mirror and I was really, really, really, really excited. I couldn't wait to build it. I tried to put all my thoughts on paper:

http://patthegreat.com/images/dreamhouse.gif

...even I'm not quite sure what all of it means.
MetalFreak
A perfect dream home for me would be a medium size house. With Many trees and plants. Green grass, and a chilly location not too cold but not too hot. And neighbors would be far. Since it will be quiet. Also a nice house for friends and parties to take place Very Happy. A fantastic scenery is a must, because your house and yard may be the best around but you might have a landfill in back or in front of your house. Therefore a mountain background would be awesome, and the place for this to take place would be upper California.
Bluedoll
When I think of home I think of my most favorite activities. True we often are image concerned. So often we see our homes from other peoples eyes. People especially or peers tell us how they perceive homes and often we want our home to be pleasing for them.

However, if I was making my own dream home I would not worry about what other think. I would focus on how I use a home. For me it would be gardening so I would build into nature and use green house techniques.

It would be a four season house with a section for each pertaining to growing things, eating things, relaxing and viewing things.

For someone else it might reflect that person needs and desires for example entertaining, sports, or some activity that is frequently done at home.

Very Happy
Shewolf
The home of my dreams?
Actually, I have two versions of it;
The first one is a sort of old classical, yet "modern" house. Out on the countryside, but not too far from sivillisation. I want a house with a story, though not spookey. A house where there has been people, yet I want it to be my very own. Quite complicated this. Fairy large, and with a huge garden. Maybe even not a garden, just land...
The other version is the simple one, out in the woods. Far off into the wilderness. A small house and a cabin, with just the things you need, and a little more. Just thse small things which makes you happy.

And yes, I am a romantic Wink
windrei
my dream home :

- must be a house of at least 2 stories
- with many glasses inside. i like glasses, which can make the home looks larger and i like seeing myself as i dance.
- not many " high-rised" furniture, like sofa of very high, the cupboard of very high, something like that. i prefer everything to be on the floor.
- with a warm lighting system. i dont like fluorensent light, too bright.
- but the most important is, to live with the one you love, right ?
seagullspirit
well, in my case its simple as hell.. my dream home is me, ina new home in a different country, as simple as that !
melissareich
My dream home... hmmm this is a good topic.

1. 2 story brick home, 5 bedroom, 2 bath
2. STORAGE everywhere! (neat freak)
3. no clutter
4. everything has to match
5. every room would be different colors
6. weird but expensive furniture
7. maid (if i have the $$$)
8. in ground pool with waterfall thing

basically a really expensive house...

Have you ever watched MTV Cribs? It's a really cool show if you're into houses and stuff, or just want to see people spend big bucks.
funnyerror
My dream home would be a Authentic Castle with real guards and the like. Also, I would be at war with my neighbor who is also living in a castle.

-FE
Vrythramax
I currently own a condo right on the Atlantic seaboard that suits me very nicely (thank you AT&T), but I would mind owning Bill Gates' home.

I only wonder if I would cause some kind of shift in the san andreas (sp?) fault if I switched it over to a *NIX based OS. Laughing

(I hate windows).
evilryu530
a library. also an awesome pool. a garage with a car lift. an awesome bbq grill. make that an indoor pool.
aausmmc
my dream home would not have been savaged by my cat :oops:
molif
any home with basic needs... like... toilet........
Heart Ticket
evilryu530 wrote:

Something simple... i wouldnt mind a flat aslong as everything is close together and the walls were black with Slipknot Tribals & Hearts Of Hims everywhere.
For the record im not a hobo.

James
justnewbie
Well it depends on your personal point of view actually. I have several dream houses depending on my wealth;

Economic;
Terrace house with two parking lots, a living room, a kitchen, three rooms and two bathrooms. The master bedroom faces the front of the house, and the living room is quite large. A small space in front of the parking lot for gardening.

Medium;
Semi detached house, four rooms (one guest room downstairs.. probably for maid), three bathrooms (one downstairs), balcony upstairs, garden on the side. Three parking lots.

High-wealth;
A bungalow with eight parking lots each four on right and left. Gardens on further right, left and behind. Swimming pool in front. Six rooms, master bedroom on third floor, three on second floor and two maid/guest rooms on ground floor. Unusually large balcony and a bathroom on third floor. Two bathrooms on second floor and the third one on ground floor. Dining room and a room with minibar on ground floor each facing left and right. Minibar has a stairways that leads to the library on second floor.
riv_
Doesn't have to be too big. Passive solar heat. Open floor pan. Lots of pretty wood.
And land.
Lots of land and not a lot of neighbours. I want enough land for a killer garden, goats, chickens, and maybe some sheep or something... and satellite internet, of course!
ankur209
Its like a big house in Pink and white color...! 2 floors...front look should be glassy ! Inside 2 bedrooms with 3 big rooms !

If its a dream house i would like to get a similar to what Bill Gates have Razz
deanhills
This one looks quite interesting .... house on wheels:
Insanity
I want to live in a loft in New York city. It would be amazing to live in a big city, the actual place I don't really care too much about.
deanhills
Insanity wrote:
I want to live in a loft in New York city. It would be amazing to live in a big city, the actual place I don't really care too much about.
Agreed. I would not want to live permanently there of course, but a loft in New York city would be awesome for a while.
Very Happy
Crockett024
My dream house would be a log cabin, in the middle of the woods, so I could live off the land.
TheGremlyn
For one thing I'd like it to be near some woods and have a stream flowing through it. Big backyard so there would be room to do stuff with any kids, have people over for a bbq or something. I'd like it to be fairly private to so you don't have to worry about people being able to see what you're up do and you don't have to worry too much about noise (your own or someone else's).

The house would probably be two storey with a nice basement that opens out onto the backyard, so the lawn would slope down from the front. The driveway would be next to the house and it would be raised and overlook the backyard and there would be some steps that take you down there. I think I'd want a kind of brick, dark reds and nice browns (I've seen them around before) so its not to bright in the summer but it stands out in the winter. There would be a porch area at the front and a nice half oval deck at the back to overlook everything.

The kitchen would have nice wood floors, dark. The cupboards and drawers would be dark as well and a nice olive or green mix granite counters with a nice island in the middle.

The living room/family room would have a nice fireplace, hardwood that is nice and dark. neutral colours throughout the house (so not white but not bright colours either). I don't think I'd want leather couches in case you stick to them.

The dinning room would be nice and formal with a beautiful chandelier over a dark wood table, off white area rub under the table and chairs.

There would also be a front sitting room with a foyer.

Upstairs I'd be looking to have the bedroom (probably 3) and an office space since we're computer nerds and we'd want a space to work on projects and such. Family computer could be in the living room.

Basement would have a small kitchen area and bar area and its would be a major entertainment area for company. There would also be a gym area for doing weights and cardio.

That's about all I can think of right now...
deanhills
They say if one can visualize something in details such as yours Gremlyn that it has a great chance of manifesting itself. Sounds more like a plan than a dream almost! Cool
spinout
it is a castle... hm, well more like Brian wilsons epic house in the 60s since - one room for every mood.

An interview told that Brians dogs did their number 2 in the room with the sea sand ... I would not have any dogs at my house!!!
SinoVax
enough to get a garden.
Amanda23
A house I can take wherever I go. Or it can take me wherever I want. either one
johans
my dream home.. is simple, to got my owned house, owned car and day to day expenses.. which i can buy what i wants.. thats my dream home.. a complete package is my dream to sum it up..

Very Happy
TurtleShell
there's a pool, a big yard, a garden, a family room and living room, dining room, eat in kitchen with an island, fireplace, two car garage, and it's not brand new but well maintained. So, kind of like my house except... maybe with an extra 800 square feet and a yard twice the size. I'm happy where I am though, and I'm grateful I don't have to clean a bigger house:)