FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Paper Modeling

xyberz
I'm into paper modeling, but I mostly like the mecha models. I posted already about this but I think it may be in the wrong section.

Check it out here:
[url]
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-61800.html&highlight=[/url]
Billwaa
I used to love paper modeling, however, then I move on to Computer 3D modeling, becuase I can animated them.
xyberz
Well the awesome thing is that 3D modeling goes hand in hand with designing paper models. You wouldn't believe how complicated you can make them.

There's even someone who made a working model of a V8 engine.

What do you design by the way? If you don't mind me asking.
datter
I've got a few plans for card models around here someplace but for some reason I've just never gotten around to making them. I'd like to though. Maybe someday I'll actually get around to it. Smile

datter
xyberz
What type of models are you into Datter?
Rico
Yes, paper is an amazing medium for building stuff. I did a few kits when I was still at school, but it must be really satisfying to design as well. Do you have any photos of the things that youve done. As Im writing this Im trying to imagine why Im not making paper models and then it hit me because I prefer working with steel. I think the fragility of paper has put me off a bit all the things I made have deteriorated to the point where they dont deliver with the aesthetics (and thrown out). But the steel stuff that wasnt borrowed, stolen or sold is still around.

Have fun with the paper though; finishing a model is far more satisfying than actually having the thing youve made. Views?
xyberz
Sorry, no photos as of yet. I will be posting up some though. Just as soon as I finish my models, hehe. The more detailed and intricate ones seem to be harder than any plastic resin model I have ever made.

The thing I prefer with paper models over plastic resin is the fact that it cost's me next to nothing to make, considering I didn't have to pay for the model, is easily duplicated, and if I should make a mistake, I just print out a new piece.

Steel model huh? I would love to see some of those made into mecha models. Wink
Motoracer380
wow i cant believe those are made out of paper..thats incredible..the tain..and in the hall of fame theres se helicopters and a couple motorcycles..those are incredible. Thats a Real crafted skill...must take frever to d them.
xyberz
If you think that's amazing at the regular full scale, you have to see what a guy named TheWoodenEngraver can do.
He takes the original full size model and makes them tiny. I mean really tiny. He has a train that fits onto the first section of your index finger, made out of paper!