FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Thread closers

TeenZine
In regards to this
Animal wrote:
Ok, Pay Attention, everyone:

I have just gone through this topic and removed user's double-posts. The removed posts spanned 4 pages. We know when a double-post has been caused by a connection issue and when someone is spamming and abusing the points system. For example:

Mentioning No Names, Someone wrote:

Today I think I will guess 42

This is spam - whether it is in this contest topic or anywhere else on the forum, please remember that you are still subject to the rules. Primarily:

Frihost Forum Rules wrote:
1) k. Abusing the points system will result in an immediate ban.

As I said, I've removed the offending posts, and the worst offenders will be hearing from the staff shortly. This thread is currently good fun and extremely popular, but if the abuse continues, it will be closed.
If you do accidentally double-post, don't post again and apologise - just PM any moderator who will happily deal with it (include a direct link to the post please). Likewise, if you see another user who has posted multiple times, please PM a mod and we'll deal with it.

Now I've got the "nasty rule enforcing" out the way, please continue to have fun, just bear the forum rules in mind.

My problem is with the bolded text. I have a problem with the thread being locked. Its not his falt because the people are spamming it. There the ones who should get warned then banned. In my oppion hes doing nothing wrong having a contest.

*** This was just an example I've seen this done befor. A few times threads I made. ***
Hogwarts
TeenZine wrote:

My problem is with the bolded text. I have a problem with the thread being locked. Its not his falt because the people are spamming it. There the ones who should get warned then banned. In my oppion hes doing nothing wrong having a contest.

*** This was just an example I've seen this done befor. A few times threads I made. ***

Opinion*
Fault*
Bold*

If the topic is attracting alot of spammy posts... then yes, I agree with Animal and it does have to be closed. If it's not closed, people will think it's OK to spam.. and will. I completely agree with the moderators, and they should lock threads that are attracting alot of spam, even if it's something everybody likes (Like the Daily Guess a Number Game).
TeenZine
I'm also refering to older posts like my old store in the market place I put a mispelling and everyone was making fun of me spaming. I think they should of been warned them my thread locked so I couldn't do bussniss.
Animal
TeenZine wrote:
I'm also refering to older posts like my old store in the market place I put a mispelling and everyone was making fun of me spaming. I think they should of been warned them my thread locked so I couldn't do bussniss.

If you have a problem like that and the mods don't notice and deal with it, please inform us by PM. We can't check up on every single thread on the forum all the time unfortunately. However, we do our best.