FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The TV show that has become an obsession...

Tex_Arcana
Okay this is weird. Last week I was absolutely glued to my computer screen every waking moment I spent at home. The reason? I sorta blame [edit_by_wumingsden]the guys at http://tvnihon.com/[/edit_by_wumingsden] for fansubbing a japanese TV show called Densha Otoko (Train Man).

This show is a romantic comedy about an anime otaku (a guy who is obsessed with cartoons) who is 22 years old and has never even called a girl on the phone socially let alone go out on a date, then one night while on the way home he notices a beautiful woman sitting across from him on the train. The same woman is also noticed by a nasty old drunk that starts harrassing her. Our hero is slightly at a loss, he's never been in a fight and this drunk is violent, but in the end he steps forward to protect the woman even though it means he gets beaten. Luckily for him he provided the distraction for other passengers to get the conductor and one of the other passengers steps in to help (this is a cameo appearance by the REAL Densha Otoko).

After he gets home he logs onto a forum for single men and relates his story, however the real fun begins when the woman he saves sends a thank you gift in the form of a set of two Hermes porceline cups and saucers. That's when everyone online starts encouraging him to persue a romance with the woman.

This is a rather dry synapses of the show that is funny on so many levels from the loser lifestyle of the hero and his transformations to the side stories of the people online that try to help him and how his story affects them. If you have never downloaded a show via bit torrent before or even if you don't like shows with subtitles, this one is worth watching.
Huntress
Hm, sounds interesting, thanks! I'll check into this, for sure...
silverdown
interesting...... I may have to reread it when im not tired. Shocked
loyal
Tex_Arcana wrote:
Okay this is weird. Last week I was absolutely glued to my computer screen every waking moment I spent at home. The reason? I sorta blame [edit_by_wumingsden]the guys at http://tvnihon.com/[/edit_by_wumingsden] for fansubbing a japanese TV show called Densha Otoko (Train Man).

This show is a romantic comedy about an anime otaku (a guy who is obsessed with cartoons) who is 22 years old and has never even called a girl on the phone socially let alone go out on a date, then one night while on the way home he notices a beautiful woman sitting across from him on the train. The same woman is also noticed by a nasty old drunk that starts harrassing her. Our hero is slightly at a loss, he's never been in a fight and this drunk is violent, but in the end he steps forward to protect the woman even though it means he gets beaten. Luckily for him he provided the distraction for other passengers to get the conductor and one of the other passengers steps in to help (this is a cameo appearance by the REAL Densha Otoko).

After he gets home he logs onto a forum for single men and relates his story, however the real fun begins when the woman he saves sends a thank you gift in the form of a set of two Hermes porceline cups and saucers. That's when everyone online starts encouraging him to persue a romance with the woman.

This is a rather dry synapses of the show that is funny on so many levels from the loser lifestyle of the hero and his transformations to the side stories of the people online that try to help him and how his story affects them. If you have never downloaded a show via bit torrent before or even if you don't like shows with subtitles, this one is worth watching.

That actually sounds quite intriguing. I am going to watch this hopefully. I'll let you know how I found it if I don't forget. Thanks alot for the info. Often I find myself at a loss at what to watch on the internet...
portoskt
ill try it for sure