FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ultrapeeper

Tony The Tiger
I am attempting to access the internet using some software that gives the following message: "Your client is a leaf node shielded by an Ultrapeeper. Hence, you will see few or no searches in the monitor window."

What does this mean? Is this blocking my connection?
wumingsden
Tony The Tiger wrote:
I am attempting to access the internet using some software that gives the following message: "Your client is a leaf node shielded by an Ultrapeeper. Hence, you will see few or no searches in the monitor window."

What does this mean? Is this blocking my connection?

Firstly, I'd like to thank you for not naming the software that you are using. We do not want this thread to become a "peer-2-peer"/warez-related thread. I fount the following:

http://www.gnutellaforums.com/showthread.php?t=64350 wrote:
BTW the message saying you're being protected by a UP is simply saying you're connected as a leaf as are 80+% of other users. Ultrapeers help you to connect to the network, & also filter out unnecessary traffic from you. So don't be alarmed by that message when trying to see incoming messages.
Tony The Tiger
wumingsden wrote:
Firstly, I'd like to thank you for not naming the software that you are using. We do not want this thread to become a "peer-2-peer"/warez-related thread. I fount the following:

http://www.gnutellaforums.com/showthread.php?t=64350 wrote:
BTW the message saying you're being protected by a UP is simply saying you're connected as a leaf as are 80+% of other users. Ultrapeers help you to connect to the network, & also filter out unnecessary traffic from you. So don't be alarmed by that message when trying to see incoming messages.

Thank you. That helps.
Animal
Tony The Tiger wrote:
Thank you. That helps.

In that case, I'll assume that this thread is answered, so I'll -close- it to prevent the potential for "bad replies" as wummingsden suggested. Please PM any mod if you want the thread re-opened.