FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What did YOU get for Christmas?

madsencarl
FriHost: So, madsencarl, what did you get this festive season?
madsencarl: Gee guys, thanks for asking! Well, I'll tell ya:
Strauchnie dvd, a scanner, and a Texas Hold'em poker set.

The scanner is the best, though. I'm tuned in to the Metropolitan Ambulance Service's local mobile/portable frequency listening to people have heart attacks.

So, what did YOU get?
Quiviro
Just a pair of socks. d'oh!
Ranti84
a few books, a few anime, a PSII game...

...among other things >_>
SFMeatwad
Ahh, let's see...

3-4 Pairs of Pants (Faded Glory)
Lots of Polo Shirts and Faded Glory Long sleeves
5 Pairs of Socks
St. Louis Cardinal's World Series Jersey
Wallet
iPod Nano
Red Orchestra (PC)
Ray Gravin
Lest see my mom got me a used iron skillet. Its really nice, and heavy, and kinda grodie because its used. I needed it though, I have an iron deficiency.

My best friends down in S.C. sent me a book. Its the greatest thing ever. Its the Houghton mifflin annual best of american comics 2006. Friggin great... I love it. All I sent them was a gift certificate to amazon.com : (

I got the Bjork Vespertine Concert DVD from my secret santa at work. I owned it once before but I left it at a girls house. I figured it would be an excuse to come over again, didn't happen that way lol! Again all I got them was a crummy gift certificate : (
jabapyth
madsencarl wrote:

The scanner is the best, though. I'm tuned in to the Metropolitan Ambulance Service's local mobile/portable frequency listening to people have heart attacks.

So, what did YOU get?

how would a scanner get you "tuned in"? i assume you dont mean the kind that you use to 'scan papers'?
Vrythramax
*sigh*...lonliness, a kick in the butt, a poke in the eye, and an account that gave me fits trying to create. I hope this isn't the signs of things to come for the New Year Confused
DynamicNames
I didn't really get much for Christmas. However, I did get a new coat, well more like a sweater, really. I like it. And I also got the new DBZ:Budokai Tenkaichi 2 for the PS2, and I really love it. It's very fun and actually poses a pretty good challenge for me this time. I'm happy with my presents, but compared to other Christmases, I didn't get as many presents as other times.
hofodomo01
I got the feeling of warmth of happiness. Oh, wait, I didn't even get that...
jylan
jabapyth wrote:
madsencarl wrote:

So, what did YOU get?

how would a scanner get you "tuned in"? i assume you dont mean the kind that you use to 'scan papers'?

jabapyth, he means a radio scanner. You can listen in to police, fire, ambulance, boats, planes and heaps of other stuff. They're great fun.

BTW madsencar, what type of scanner did you get? I have a Uniden 72XLT (not a christmas present).

For Christmas I recieved some clothes (shirt and pants), an Irish moneybox and wallet from my relatives, a Albert Einstein mug (again from my relatives), a swimming top from my family, a bouncing ball toy (not as babyish as it sounds) and some boxers from my relatives.
SpellcasterDX
I got an iPod Nano - 2GB and...uh, some clothes. That's all. But I'm just glad I finally got the iPod I'd been wanting for quite a while. It's all I really wanted anyway. Smile
Zug Zug
ooooh I got a cd player for my car, a george foreman grill for my kitchen, a rice cooker, a bag of rice, four pairs of comfortable socks-fleece, slippers, a sweater, a wonderful bath set...another bath set.....and yet three more bath sets, and biosilk for my hair. Oh and a few gift cards-barnes and nobles, old navey, and wal mart ^_^ I got spoiled this year!

WHAT DID you get?

<3

Meghan
arturas
i got....
a chess set...
wooden....
hand carved...

pritty lame...

well atleast i got somthing
bluecradle
ummm.......
a personalized shirt of Bleach anime
3 handkerchief Laughing
a baseball bat
others just gave me cash hehe....
Qube
I did get stuff I wanted.
Aside from some socks from my grandma.
Nothing against socks as a gift.
Just I only wear low-cut/no-show.
Anything more makes my legs all itchy.
Not allergic, just find them annoying.

I did get an iPod shuffle though.
That I'm pretty happy about.
I never figured anyone would coughup more than $50 on me.
Even though my bro gets like $100's of bucks spent on him...
Damn younger siblings.

Aside from that, ALL the rest of my presents were gift cards.
To Best Buy.
Despite Best Buy's high prices, (<9 Fry's) it's all good.
Agent ME
Some xbox360 stuff and games.

Too bad my 360 decided to die 2 days ago...

Thank God there's a long warranty on it. Smile
eku53ru
I got a hat (Urahara Kisuke's from the anime/manga series BLEACH), two notebooks (a small one with a bookmark, and another top-bound spiral notepad), a bunch of plush dolls, and Nintendogs (Dalmatian and Friends version). I also got a card from the family of a cousin of mine that I haven't seen since I was nine years old, which was really nice.
Commando_Sondre
I got:
* Three pairs of socks
* Two books
* Some survival equpiment
* A Yamaha DGX-520 keyboard Very Happy
* Chess
* And lots of money
Vrythramax
hofodomo01 wrote:
I got the feeling of warmth of happiness. Oh, wait, I didn't even get that...

Now that's just sad Sad

I thought I had it rough...hey hofodomo1 let's get together for new years, we can get drunk and cry in our beers Smile

Joking (about the crying), I send you my best wishes for the coming New Year.

Peace Brother's and Sisters Smile
glabase
Money all round - works out for me - into the bank it goes!

interest... interest... interest (although not much Rolling Eyes )
ItsWesley
For once I didn't get much for christmas, but I didn't mind. I got some clothes, calendars(though I don't really see the need for more than one calendar -.-) a cd, some money and driving lessony stuff, amongst other things.
Saryon
Only thing I got was money. But hey, you don't hear me complaining Very Happy
Going to get me something with that. Easier for everyone, people don't need to search for gifts, and I can pick what I like.

Oh ye, also got lots of different sorts of beer, and of course, the usual candy and stuff.
spazbutt32
An electric guitar and amp with the promise of lessons,

a Nintendo DS and 2 games,

and two wooden practice katanas for me to spar with.

^_^
Vrythramax
Saryon wrote:
Going to get me something with that. Easier for everyone, people don't need to search for gifts, and I can pick what I like.

Oh ye, also got lots of different sorts of beer, and of course, the usual candy and stuff.

Beer is good, I'd save it to celebrate the New Year....but that's just me Smile

Have a safe and happy New Year celebration, no matter who, and where you may welcome the coming year. Smile

Be safe all Frihost Users and Staff...there's another year ahead of us, and I for one want ALL of you around to enjoy it! Smile
madsencarl
jylan wrote:
BTW madsencar, what type of scanner did you get? I have a Uniden 72XLT (not a christmas present).

Haha, exactly the same one. Except the police have gone digital, and encrypted. Well, I guess that's good so terrorists can't listen in.
zion
I got:

- A book (Clive Cussler - Polar Shift, it's a top read, you should all read it)
- A $30 gift voucher to Dymmocks Booksellers
- A couple polo shirts (forget the brand names, but they're pretty good, no Ralph Lauren though)
- Some socks
- A PS2 game (forgot the name, it was changed from Bully though, I thinks it's three words)

Viola.
bl1nd
I got nothing. Razz

My parents were mad at eachother, and they are the kind of people who wait for the last minute to do anything, so they didn't go Christmas shopping.

After a trip to my grandmas house they stopped the arguments, and are bearly going shopping today, haha

they are there now Wink
JJGY
he he, glad you asked. I got a nice Gateway 19in high def LCD monitor and a gig of ram...does that make me a geek? Shocked
odinstag
Only present I got was from myself.

I bought an AK 47 kit so I can build an AK with my own hands.

I am still waiting for it to get here though. Once It does I will spend much shop time making it into a functioning firearm.

I love to target shoot and the Ak has pretty cheap ammo. Plus the experience of making it with my own bare hands is going to be the greatest.

Hope everyone had a happy holiday.
tr33t
laptop for me!
greenwoodmonkey
I awoke on Xmas morning to a hung over girlfriend and the prospect of having to work....

I got a pair of cufflinks that snapped within 4 hours of wearing....

I got one card from my mate.

OK, OK I suppose I got to "unwrap" the stockings I bought her... but does that count as a present???

On the plus side, it was 85deg yesterday and it hasn't rained for weeks, so I guess there is always that to think about when your waiting for 16 hours for a plane that can't leave blighty because of the fog!
darvit
Saryon wrote:

Same thing here. Laughing

Well except for additional silly little things like strawberry bath gel. Confused I got myself Neil Gaiman's Stardust and a new wallet [my old one was beat up], though. Very Happy
ColdFire
didnt receive anything this Christmas! Crying or Very sad im the one giving away presents to my younger cousins & lil sis.
Madic
I recieved $1000 in one dollar bills stuffed all in my other presents. I got a $150 nordstrom's gift card from my dad, a cashmere sweater and a king of burgers T-shirt from my brother, a card from my broke older sister, a video game from my stepfather, devil sticks (kind of like juggling, but with sticks) from my mom.

thats about it, but the $1000 excited me most Smile
Tatsumaru
I spent christmas at my girlfriends family... and I've never recieved so much presents.

- Swords (small one, medium length one and a display)
- Stick, when you seperate it, there are 2 blades (tuhs, awesome sword)
- Post workout shaker
- 2 Protein bars
- 2 bandana's
- Kneestrap (for protection during sports)
- Lottery stuff
- Jump rope with counter

The 3 swords blew me away, they're awesome. 2 days before this it was my birthday, so I've got a lot of presents this week haha.
xkobram
I got
1)RC helicopter
2)Termo t shirt
3) Digital fortress - D Brown (book)
4)Sport clothes
5) 700 Czech Crowns (35$ but value like 70$( i can buy here things that i would get for at least 70 $ in USA) (hmm bad bid, but was much worse))
6)and i will get a bassguitar after New Year (3/4 paid by parents)
Soulfire
Well, I got...
    Playstation 3
    Resistance: Fall of Man (PS3 Game)
    Call of Duty 3 (PS3 Game)
    God of War (PS2 Game)
    Devil May Cry 1, 2, 3 (PS2 games)
    5 shirts
    3 pairs of jeans
    4 pairs of socks
    Memory card to PS3 converter
    Metal puzzle
    Ipod Nano
    Just Friends DVD
    Talledega Nights DVD

I think that's about it... There may be more though.
swphotography
I got a couple of books and some money, but i did get a new camera. Canon Eos 30d with a good lens. it costs about 1.5 grand us!
violetgnu
Filing cabinet, some socks and underpants.
Three twenties, a ten and a five.

Just reading over some of the entries. Damn do some of you get nice stuff! *cough* Soulfire */cough* Though, guess I am a legal adult in Canada. But still! I miss getting the good shit. I could use a couple of games. Or swords.
Billwaa
totally nothing. I don't really care. Well, I gain Chinese writing skill, especially in poem. But that is not really getting anything.
dotnine
This year, I got:
$250 in Cash
An Accurian HD Radio
New Wireless Keyboard/Mouse Set

Lot of good stuff. Cool
standready
The Grinch with his heart 3 times larger than normal gave me a huge chunk of coal but Mr. Scrooge took it as partial payment on my bill.
Madic
standready wrote:
The Grinch with his heart 3 times larger than normal gave me a huge chunk of coal but Mr. Scrooge took it as partial payment on my bill.

You should sue the grinch for giving you the black lung, you would totally win!
vw_bugg
A lump of coal...

Just kidding i got a crock pot and some kitchen tools and a movie (The Davinci code) some pants. Lots of stuff i can use.
poiko123
Some clothes and gift cards from my immeadiate family and a nice chunk of money from my grandparents.
DSGamer3002
Everything I got was for my Wii. Smile

Rayman Raving Rabbids
Elebits
Madden 07
Extra Virtual Console Controller
Wii Carrying Case (Doesn't hold the stand >_>)
512MB SD Card

Plus, I got money to save for more important things in life than video games. The amount is confidential. Razz
vinx_18
Me?

-Pair of shoes
-T-Shirt
- Money

But there's one thing I get last Christmas that money can't buy, the LOVE of my family. Smile
Handermier
I was lucky enough to get spoiled by my girlfriend. Her and I have known one another for four years now and dated for six months. She got me an XBox 360, Smackdown versus RAw 2007, Dead Rising, and a few hoodies. My mother got me a leather jacket, a few more hoodies (I am an addict), some shirts, some pants, a nice pair of sneakers, and fifty dollars cash.

Not bad at all. I did enjoy spending time with my girlfriend's family this year. Not as good as with mine..they didn't get together because of my Uncle being over in Iraq and my grandma being sick in the hospital...but still made me have a good time.

-Handermier
Alienz
I got a doll in my company exchange present and won four hundred bucks from lucky draw Smile
jobu
10 lbs (unwanted)
3 boxes of cookies
gym membership from me lol for the cookie eating
cologne
socks
gloves

things on my list were....

A 50ft piece of twine
Some pre chewed bubble gum
A golf ball cut in half
3 pencils (#6)
A grocery bag of burnt out light bulbs
Some blue paint
and Magic fingernail clippings

didnt get a single one! and I have been so good this year pffft..

Twisted Evil Razz Twisted Evil Razz Twisted Evil Razz
BluHorizon
Well this Christmas i got the thing i wanted and all of them are brilliant i got a bit spoiled really.
I got a
-Nintendo wii and call of duty 3, need for speed carbon, Zelda, Super monkey ball and wii sports for it. Its absolutely amazing The control system on it is so much better than anything you'd get with a normal controller the motion sensors just add something extra to it that you wouldn't normally be able to do on a normal console it just amazed me the way that Nintendo perfected it. Look out Sony you've got a decent competitor now. Very Happy
- A new bike which is brilliant. It was made by giant so i knew it was going to be decent but its brilliant. The brakes stop you dead no matter how fast your going and the gears change so smoothly its just unbelievable.
- And finally the old Christmas tradition lots and lots of chocolate Smile
Xcelerate
guitar hero 2. the best video game ever. ipod. family guy seasons. a fan!!!! and a fire extinguisher?
sketteksalfa
A felt of joy and gladness. I also got a towel, socks, a shirt from my own pocket and a surprise one that still to be given this second week of january from my girlfriend. I'm happy because all my nephews and cousins liked the gifts i gave them.
vandame
Arrow I got a travel to the beach
Arrow I sunglasses
Arrow Some money from my family
Arrow Some clothes
Arrow and the chance to have more one nice year
Razz
pedrothelion
I got a 500gb portable hard drive, a gift voucher at an electronics store which I used to get a camera, some boxers, three shirts and Frank Miller's The Hard Goodbye and A Dame To Kill For...

Oh, and shirt cuffs from my girlfriend Cool
Good stuff all around!

Hope everyone had a good holiday season no matter what they got!
speed
I do not get any xmas gift this year!
sky217
My wife surprised me with an xbox360 and accessories. Her family got me some games. My friend got me 13 months of xbox live. I wasn't expecting that even though I was joking with her and guessing that's what she got me. I surprised her with a tablet PC. Laughing

Oh yeah, and we got each other some credit card debt.
welshsteve
A Fossil watch.
Feeder - The Singles (CD)
A Sukoku calendar Smile
Ralph Lauren After Shave
Two nice t-shirt tops
A deodrant/shower gel set
35 ($6Cool cash
A 2000 (approx $3850) pay rise Smile
A 250 (approx $480) xmas bonus from work
welshsteve
oops, double post. This post can be deleted Very Happy
neoon
well i got an extrem

nice, pretty wonderful Burton Snowboard

with burton boots.
the666bbq
i got the permission to buy myself a new ukulele and I was quite happy about that Wink
Derioh
I didn't get anything. In Holland we usually don't so it's normal xD
Derioh
Instead of that, we have Sinterklaas at 5 dec., which is pretty most the same... old creep with big white beard, red cloak, gives presents...
Although Sinterklaas comes from Spain with a steamboat, and "likes" children(he takes bad children with him back to his palace and let them work for him...

Also note that Santa is an anagram for Satan... can you imagine it? Fat red guy with a moustache, has slaves (elves, devils), being worshipped by many for his good deeds...
Quiviro
Derioh wrote:
Sinterklaas comes from Spain with a steamboat...
Shocked

I could never imagine something like that Shocked
Derioh
Yeah, but his real story tells us he comes from Turkey! Very Happy

His English name is Saint Nicolaus or something...
Silent
I got a new headset. Very Happy a lot of clothes, and a lot of pair of socks lol.. I also got 400 dollars for a Nintendo Wii when there in stores and an awesome foam matress Very Happy ive slept soooooo good sence i got it!!!
tijn01
A few Christmas cards, all very nice!
And a few donations to orphanages and people worse off than me!
the1991
a bunch of good stuff!

i got a plextor dvd rw
money
5 cds
a motorcycle cover
new motorcycle golves
Ghost Rider103
I also got a lot of cool things.

An Xbox 360, a bunch of games, and rented a lot aswell.

Some stuff for my MX bike, and some fire works Very Happy

Merry Late Christmas everyone.
rampantinsanity
Although I don't celebrate christmas, (I'm Wiccan) I did have a good holiday season. My husband and I don't have much money and it may sound really sad, but we couldn't get each other presents. Even so, I had a lot of fun just hanging out with my husband and his family, playing with my little nieces and making lots of cookies and of course, FUDGE!

My mother-in-law got me a new microwave which I was really needing, it's a lot nicer than our old one which was literally big enough to also double as a counter in my tiny kitchen. His sister gave us the most comfortable pillows that I've ever felt, but we don't use them to sleep on, instead we use them to prop our lazy bodies up when we watch television from bed or when my husband, ever the PS2 freak - plays his new Final Fantasy game.

I still don't know how he did it, but my brilliant husband managed to buy a computer from dell on credit and so I'm even happier with the new desktop and stable internet service at last. I'm really a simple girl, it doesn't take much to make me happy.

I hope that everyone else had as good of a Christmas/Yule, etc as I did.

-Alunasa from Rampant Insanity
Detremmerie
I got a scarf, a really nice one in blue and red
However, I don't really need Christmas presents, it's getting too much over its head...
dz9c
wow... i never realized how good i have it at home until i seen most of your posts.. no offense but they were kinda lame and i got everything i wnated. it made me think wen i saw this forum topic thing. im kinda spoiled shit

got an xbox, sony dsc-h5 (500 dollar) digital camera, case for that, memory, 14 xbox games, cordless phone, 200 dollar bookshelf speaker system, sound card, and a recliner Confused
PatTheGreat42
I have the weirdest family. Underneath the same tree, all for me, I got a bench grinder, a Utilikilt, and a rockin' new Mp3 player. I can't really decide which one I like best, 'cause they're all really cool. I get the most use out of the Mp3 player, but there is nothing like the feeling of grinding a rather large chunk of metal while wearing a utilikilt. I feels downright manly.

The trick is to take off your shirt.

Christmas rocks.
littletomi714
My presents blow all you guys away:
- Pool Table/ Hockey Table Rotating Thingy
- 2 GB Ipod Nano
- $$$
- Sunglasses
- Tons of Clothes
- Really nice watch
- Acceptance to an Academy!
andrewdesign

So, what did YOU get

Wrestlemania Boxset baby!
Andrew426
I got a new phone, money, a gift voucher for a local clothing store, a Stevie Ray Vaughn CD and the usual chocolates and underwear.

I got myself this:
baronblod2007
I got lots of clothes!
But also, I/we got a computer screen that we had put on our cabbin...
Mom'n dad loves it there, but the rest doesnt.
Thats just cheap. Well, it didnt help anywhays.
BTW, it was a 20".

The rest was a 1500 NOK (Norwegian Cash), to use on a electric-appliances store. I think its about 200 US dollars or so.

Got some small items also, so thoose doesnt count Wink
photon
Nothing! I didn't get even chocolates for christmas
drag0n
There was alot of it...

I got new headphones from my gf

+ a punch flavored milka chocolate
+ a leather wallet
+ 5kn (croatian) in it Smile

I got another wallet from my mom

Laughing that was awkward... but still there was more money in it

From my grandparents i got around 200kn

It was a good christmas basicly because I din't give presents to anyone but my girlfriend Very Happy
woundedhealer
My husband got me a laptop at the end of October, as an early birthday/Yule gift and he got me the book Photoshop Projects from the in easy steps series to open at Yule, which is just FANTASTIC.

I also got gift tokens. I've only used one lot so far, I got a new pack of tarot cards.
Lessien
hmm, what did i get
i got some money
a new alarm clock with buildin radio that you can use instead of the traditional beep (gosh, i hate that beep sound). but yay me, i have to set it up every day or it doesn't use the radio but the beep instead to wake me up. talking bout handy. but i'm not complaining, my old radio's clock didn't work that wel, after a week it was showing already 10 earlier then it really was. noo, i do not wanna get up earlier then needed. lol
some perfume from my parents that they let me pick. they let it put in giftwrap it so i couldn't use it till christmass.
a fondue set from grand-parents who are really hopefull or simply really practical. got it so i'll have a fondue set when i one day gonna get married or live together with someone so i don't need to buy it then. guess it will end up on the pile of other things i got for that reason. right now i have like 6 sets of glasses, i don't even know so much people so why do i need so much glasses.
ah wel
was hoping to get a mp3 player, doesn't even matter what brand, but the alarmclock is handy