FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is Your Hard Disk Size?

xyweb
So...?
Mines only 80gb. That's enough for me Laughing
nigam
As of for me I have to Hard Disk both Seagate, for my OS's it's 10G and for my Datas it's 120 Gig. But I still need more to store all my movies and other stuffs
chennai
I have a 160gb .I am planning to upgrade to 250gb or 500gb.The current one makes a lot of noise and i am afraid that it my crash at any moment
charles
My internal HD is 80 Gb divided into two partitions. I have an external one of 80 Gb to store various files, setup progs and my backups.

regards
charles.
badai

first column is total size after format. 2nd column is available free space.
badai
i remember my d drive is 250G, not 200G. thanks for this topic, now i know i wrongly partition my hardisk

i will post the corrected size later after i resize my d drive Very Happy
charles
Badai,

Be carefull not to wipe your files when repartitioning your HD! Use Acronis partition magic or similar, it will not harm your existing data.

regards,
charles.
The3dx
250gb....And Damn!!! it's not enough!
i have only 3Gb left... :'(!!!
saratdear
I have an 75 GB drive, divided into 6 partitions, each of 12.4 GB
orcaz
Mine is the default 80gb hard disk from HP. I think such a capacity is more than enuff for me... My notebook's capacity is half.
Chamaleon
I think an image is better Razz

badai
after resize my d drive:

cheeta
well I have one 80GB HDD and one 40GB HDD....

its not enough...

I am looking to upgrade to a 320GB Disk along with a New system...
manumiglani
80 GB is all what I have.
urangkayo
i have two 40 GB HDD in my computer

but it not enough for me at now
Raijenki
Drive "C:/" of 37.20GB has free 7.87GB.
Drive "F:/" of 74.5GB has free 59.0GB
Total Storage: 111GB - Total Used: 44.8GB - Total Free: 69.9GB
joevennix
I've got a 40gb in my laptop, a 160gb in the media PC, and a 20gb in the xbox (used as a MythTV frontend).
TheGeek
C:\ 29.2GB..........7.11GB Used / 22.1GB Free
D:\ 117GB...........42GB Used / 75.5GB Free
E:\ 93.1GB..........23.9GB Used / 69.1GB Free
F:\ 115GB...........109GB Used / 6.3GB Free
Total Storage......354.3GB
Total Used..........182GB
Total Free...........173GB

Linux Partition (Other half of Hard drive that is C:\) 28GB

Sometime in the next 2-3 months I will be upgrading my hard drives since these are IDE and getting kind of old (oldest is about 5 years old). I will be getting 4 x 250GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM SATAII drives. That will give me a total of 1TB of space and about 1.5TB of space if I continue using these IDE drives until they die (though I think I will end up selling most of them).
JamesBond
mine is 100 GB. its is Ultra-DMA. (quite ancient as my pc, but suits my needs)..
arturas
mines an 80gb seagate or somthing

ive only used 25gb on it sofar

cos i only got world of warcraft adn battlefield veitnam

i just formated it.....

so now my computer is running like a

zeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtec!
arturas
i also got a 512 mb memory upgrade so now i got a total of 1bg =)
akshar
Quote:
i have divided my hard disk of size 40gb in to following partitions.
For OS resident it is 5 gb,for linux it is 5 gb
For my creations i keep 10gb
For softwares it is 10gb
For notes and tutorials it is 10gb
and subsectioned too
its ok if u have small one finally u will be to find what is located in which partition
reddishblue
C: Free Space 3.26 Gigs Total Size 16.9 Gigs
D: Free Space 8.39 Gigs Total Size 17.4 Gigs
Wow I used a lot of space Shocked
Commando_Sondre
I have 160 GB, but if I want to I can install two 250 GB dics, but I don't need them. So 160 GB is far enough for me.
makak
I have 80 GB Seagate Barracuda and it enough me Wink

Greetings
welshsteve
At work I have a 60GB disk in my laptop, partitioned into 55GB and 5GB.

At home I have two physical disks. The main system one I use for programs and the OS is 80GB and the other I use for all my development work, project work and music is a 120GB SATA disk.
ammonkc
I got a 100Gb hard drive in my MacBook Pro. I having to live off of notebooks because of the limited hard drive space. but thats my life since I do my web development all over the place. and will probably start working remotely a lot more often.
kiranaghor
On my Windows AMD machine:
hdd1 SATA: 80 GB Seagate
hdd2 PATA: 120 GB Seagate

On my mac iBook
only 18 GB...
thinking of increasing the size.
Alias
I only got 40gig hard drive in my desktop and I only used 17gig of its space. I think its enough, I don't put so much games in my PC so that's why I can't really maximize my hard drive. Very Happy
vm_yap
250 gb divided in to 30/200
120 gb divided into 71/24/16
CyanEyed
ive got a 60gb hd and im running out of space. i need to get a desktop.

funnily enough, as im posting this, the advertisement on the right hand side of the textbox is of a 500gb SATA II HD Very Happy
nhlarry
Mine is only 18Gb. Sad
zjosie729
I have only 80G too, but I don't think that's quite enough. I would like to have more space for Ubuntu.
xkobram
I got one 40GB and one 250 GB but i would like more ( Its special, that till last christmas 40 GB was enough Very Happy)
littletomi714
I have two hard disk drives. One is an internal Seagate 250 GB, which I splitted up into a 40 GB (for Windows Professional), another 40 GB (for Dual Booting With Windows Home), another 20 GB (for Triple Booting with like 10 Flavors of Linux), and a 120 GB for Storage. Plus I have two 500 GB external hard disk drives for Storage too.
ALostSoul
I have to admit, I have quite a collection of hard drives. I have 2 internal, and 2 external. All of them total about 1000 gigabytes. =]

Cheers ~ Very Happy
iNs@nE
Hard Drive on the PC - 360 GB
External Hard Drives - 80+80 = 160 GB
Flash Drive = 4 GB
iPoD = 60 GB

Total = 584 GB and I still dont seem to have enough. Grrrr!!
william
My main computer has a 160 GB hard drive with no partitions. (Yet).

I also have one that has a 40 GB hard drive with two partitions.
Another computer has one 120 GB and an 80 GB.

...and I have some more computers, but most have under 80 GB with one or two partitions.

My hard drives are all filling up rapidly with videos, games, and music. In the future, I plan to get the Seagate 750 GB drive (which I'd fill up in about 16 months). It also wouldn't hurt to get a faster 10000 RPM drive for quick boots.
sush
A desktop and a laptop, both with 40GB drives.
Fake
I've got one 320 gig. Get loads of movies Razz
speed
My notebook hard disk only have 30 GB. It is Dell Latitude C640-a very old computer.
GameFreak
My Hard Disk has 80 GB.

I don't think that I'll ever use it up though.

I've currently used just 25 GB.
pashmina
Just upgraded to 600GB today.
rafifaisal
Well people I think i am the champion of smallest HD.
I only have a 20 GB harddisk divided in two partitions.
One for my Os and one for my data Embarassed
Maybe anyone can sponsor me to get a bigger HD Razz
All propositions are welcome. PM me
vangor

My D drive is my OS.
I'm going to be buying a new harddrive for making games and stuff.
apexcaliber
Like the original poster I only have an 80 gig hard drive. I find it's more than enough for me. I know the statndard is 100-200 gigs, but I only use around 75% of what I have now.

Though I want to get more into video editing and I'm sure with the programs required or the saved video files I will be needing it more. Some of those raw video files can take up a HUGE amount of space.
G1g4nt1C
I've a notebook and the hard disc capacity is 100 Gb. I also have a extern hard disc with 200 Gb.
root
% indicates usage

1x 500 GB external (100%)
1x 120 GB external (70%)
1x 120 GB internal (10%)
2x 40 GB internal RAID0 (70%)

I will have a 1TB RAID5 soon.
Kelvin
My C drive is running on a Western Digital 36GB 10K rpm HDD.
I have another Western Digital 7.2K rpm SATA 80GB HDD partitioned equally for storage. Seems to be enough for general usage since I don't install much software lately and don't do heavy downloads. Wink
zplitstonez
hello everyone,
Good day.

As of now i am using TOSHIBA 80gb,
But it is divided into two partitions,
40gb and 40gb. Because partitioning
your big hard drive, helps a lot....

I have also a 20gb external hard drive,
and a 40gb iPod.

Thank you and may GOD bless us all.
PseudoKnight
I have a 160GB drive and I'm constantly running out of space. However, I know that if I upgrade I'll just fill it up again. Content you "need" to save is proportional to your hard drive space. Wink
rhathar
Two 160 GB Maxtor internal HD, non-RAID. One boots Windows XP, the other Ubuntu.

They're more then I need, but I need two seperate HDs so that Windows and Linux don't fight with eachother. They don't like to share one physical device :p
shwetanshu
240 GB in all
160 GB Seagate
40 GB Segate... both internal
40 GB Lappy Hdd with external casing
tony
300gb and i'm using about 200gb haha. too many uncompressed videos haha.
greatindiangenius
40gb
darkblack
My Old Notebook Computer-
C: 30GB

My New Notebook Computer-
C: 80GB
jay84h
Laptop: 60GB
1.2Ghz Compaq (OLD): 40GB
AMD Athlon 64 3300+ (NEW): 160GB
Raydon
I got 40GB and I'm ok with it. I need about 15GB for music and rest for games, pictures and some videos.
But I am thinking of getting 160GB more...
Peterssidan
I have 160 GB. It's enough I think. It is divided into two parts One for data and one for the OS. That one for the OS is 6 GB and it's a bit small I think but I havn't change it becouse I am so lame. Razz
driftingfe3s
My laptop HDD is 30 Gigs.

I have 2 externals, one is 200 Gigs and the other is 300 Gigs. They both are more than 75% full. I'll need to buy a new one soon.
turbosquid
In my desktop machine i've got 2 x 250GB in caddys and 2 x 80 GB drives although i don't really use my desktop machine other than for storage i guess it's more of a NAS server.

In my notebook (Samsung X60plus Core2Duo X7200) which i use all the time, has a 120GB drive which to be fair is more than enough for general use.

TurboSquid
leppard
I have 1x 40gb
and 3x 20gb

They are not enough to store everything I need, I use dvd's to store everything else I need from time to time.

Soon I'll have to upgrade to 500gb, but my budget does not allow for that at the moment.
silentdae
I think this topic is pretty hilarious. I mean, how big is your hard drive? hah

Anyways, i have two. My main one (where my OSes reside) is 250GB. It's a Seagate Barracuda 7200.8, decent speeds, pretty quiet. My other one is an old 20GB WD. My Barracuda actually died and i had to get it replaced but it's been fine for about 5 years now.
silentdae
Oh and also, this should really be in the Hardware and Electronics section.
Kelcey
I have a 600 gig stripe set up and a 200 gig sitting around for storage.
blendbet
Two internal 80Giga each
and a usb 300giga external hard disk.
External HD are very usefull
illkill
I harddisk driver C only have 87.14GB. And Notebook Windows Backup have 6.01GB. Total size of my notebook computer harddisk size is about 93GB big. Now I only used 13GB and have many free space. How big is your computer harddiak size??? I want to know more about the harddiak size of the world. Can you tell me???
niho_gs
only 80gb Laughing I was thought this is enough me 2 years ago but now it is not enough.I need upgrade it to 250gb Razz
bugra9
I've got a 60gb in my laptop, a 80gb in my desktop PC. Very Happy
dimaka
%
/dev/hda5 989M 205M 784M 21% /
none 252M 32K 252M 1% /dev/shm
/dev/hda2 99M 14M 81M 15% /boot
/dev/hda6 4,8G 2,5G 2,4G 52% /var
/dev/hda7 3,8G 640M 3,1G 17% /opt
/dev/hda8 3,8G 1,3G 2,5G 35% /usr
/dev/hda9 6,6G 4,1G 2,6G 62% /home
/dev/hda4 43G 33G 9,4G 78% /hard
/dev/hda1 12G 4,6G 7,3G 39% /games

I will buy hard drive up to 320 GB soon Embarassed
tsabo
raid 1; 2x80GB /os system
2x250GB /data
Josso
In my best machine I've got...

1x70GB
1x230GB

It's a pretty good setup, for video editing I store all the footage on the little hard drive so it doesn't clog up the bigger one which Windows runs on.
frac2
I've got 1 40 gigabyte HDD, and an 80 gigabyte one. The 40 is for system and some programs, 80 is for my stuff.

They're both IDE.. I've got an old computer
Porcelain Trainwreck
My internal one is 80 gigs, I had it for 5 years and only just filled it up. So, I also just bought an external 250 gig one. Hooray for boxing day sales Very Happy .
AnmlstcBhvr
mine is 120gigs in 40 each. different drive for different purpose.
Divinaeon
120 GB...80 gigabytes for music, 40 gigabytes for whatever else!
xorcist
On one of my computer I have a 120GB hard drive on the other computer I have like 48 or something like that I barely used any on my 48 and the 120GB one I just got and I don't think I will be using that much space on it.
yjwong
I have a 80GB hard disk for my laptop. I'm not sure whether I'm getting a new one or not. I'm left with 45% free space, but I wish to keep it above 50% to reduce disk fragmentation. Should I buy a new one? And are there any 200GB hard disks for laptops?
froginabox
Right now running a WD 250 gig, a Hitachi 125 gig, and a WD 20 gig.

The 250 holds all my music and video files, the Hitachi does Windows 2000 and XP, and the 20 does mandriva 2006 quite well.

I am coveting one of those new 1tb externals... I'd never get one, but it is pretty nifty.
internetjobs
if you are working only with word files or else.. it is enough for you.. but if you are working with Adobe Premiere, Photoshop or other video editing or photo editing or simulation softwates... you must want a higher capacity harddisk
cannabis
I got 40 GB on my laptop.
120 GB on my desktop.
400 GB on my extern hardisk.
Whong
My laptop is just 60GB. Sad
spazbutt32
250GB.
jay84h
First Computer - 320GB
Second Computer - 40GB
Laptop - 60GB
Extra 160GB HD if I decide to use it.
chearan2
Mine 160Gb Maxtor Ide . I want to change to a 250 Sata
spykE
I got a 120GB which I put my Windows XP and games on. Then I have my 80GB Hard drive where my Windows Vista Ultimate copy is installed on, which I regurarly use when I play movies, listen music, but no games.

And then at last I have my External hard drive which I store my music and movies on, WD Mybook 250GB, it looks great and is easy to use!
ridzuan
Mine 320GB Seagate Sata + 2x 80Gb Seagate Pata..
oh god,, it still not enough for me.. Very Happy Very Happy
charysteos
i have one hd : 250 GB Seagate barracuda, and it rocks !!!!
Manntis
Isn't standard now 500 GB HD, with a 750 GB HD when you buy from certain makers?
falconfx
My computer's got an 80GB harddisk. I bought it in 2003.

I have two partitions: one for the OS + programs (8GB) and one for my personal data (72GB)

Even if it's quite small for today standards, it's enough for me Wink
makak
Except my 80GB I have obtained old 2GB harddisk Very Happy
k10000s
I have 40G in my laptop and 12G in other low spec laptop. I also have 20G, 30G, 40G, and 100G portable HDs. However, I still need more space for saving movies and photos... Confused
golles
80 GB and 40 GB internall
320 GB externall
2 GB USB stick
surdy
I have a modest 80 Gb hard disk. I think this is enough for me. I don't need more at the moment. More space available always leads to more crap and junk files dumped on the system.

I have seen people with over 200 Gb hard disk cribbing about not enough space as the have all useless files dumped onto the disk, with no time to organize or arrange them.
lerian
I only use 40Gb internal hard drive and 2 external hard drive at 20 Gb each. I don't store much data so it's enough for now.
sleek
I have 10k rpm 74GB (Maxtor) and a 250GB (Seagate) on my main PC. And total of 520GB on 3 other PCs. Oh and a 250MB IBM Smile
babumuchhala
I have a 20 GB HDD and another 2 GB one Razz

I know my PC officially qualifies as antique, but heck it odes work and i am happy with it Very Happy
getgag
I have 2 ATA Hard Disk in my computer.
HDD1 : Seagate 160GB
HDD2 : Seagete 250GB
The_Gamer294
i got an 80gig, 60 for winblows(games) and 20 for the penguin
johanfh
Just a simple 18 GB with 11 GB free...

It's much better than the one I used to have: thad pc had three hard drives: 2 of 800 MB and one of 600 MB (yes, MB, not GB)

And my first hard disk ever had 20MB. It never filled up, games where small at that time Smile

JohanFH
varun_dodla
My hard disk size is 160 Gb which i use it mostly to download all varieties of softwares and try and get acquainted with them. I do have movies and songs stuff also but im still in search of new applications and softwares......
Revvion
my harddisk is one of 160 GB, one of 120 GB, one of 40 GB
jayrelle
I only got 40gb but still planning to buy additional hard disk.. Twisted Evil
ankur.vatsa
My laptop has a 80 GB hard disk, which sure is not enough. Then a friend created a USB box for me with a 200 GB hard disk which I can plug-in when required Smile
pll
I have 160Gb already coming with : Compaq presario sr2170nx.
I'll add 40 gb from my old hard drive soon.
so I got 200gb.

Ankur.Vasta : I like your pic!
ssthanapati
I have a 300 GB HDD SATA
mony
my harddisk capacity is 80 gb too and no way it is not enought
Mordane
120Gb Seagate, Split 20 / 100

20 = OS
100 = Data / Games / Documents
iNs@nE
My HD is 3TB = 3000 GB

Yes. I own the Area 51 Series PC of Alienware Very Happy
vandame
I have two hard disk. One are a HD 40Gb and other just have 20gb....but i thinking to buy another one with 100gb...
Aiz
Ah, Hardware capacity >_< it's something that plagues me everyday. On my desktop (the one I'm typing from), there are 2x200gb. Then there's the 60gb on my old laptop, plus an old western digital 80gb external drive. All of them are maxed out. I bought a WD mybook 250gb external a few months ago and that thing died on me with a lot of stuff saved in there. >_< And then there's the 120gb on the new laptop I ordered a few days ago. So it totals to:

2x200gb
60gb
80gb
120gb
--------
660gb (not counting the 250gb external that died, which I will try to take apart and fix later)

T__T I really need a few TB of space. I have no clue where all that space went...
Kelvin
i used to have a raptor 36GB and another 80GB caviar Western Digital HDD in my rig. The 80GB one died a few weeks back so now i have replaced it with a Hitachi Deskstar 250GB HDD. If my raptor were to give up on me, then I'll most likely get another Hitachi 250GB and RAID it.
bulek
I have three disk drives in my computer.
The first one is: Western Digital 320 gb
The second one is: IBM 160 gb
And the third one: Hitachi 60 gb

Unfortunately, all disk drives are full because I have so many movies and games on them Smile
desertwind
100 GB Seagate SATA 5200 RPM in my lappy.

200 GB external one.
120 GB internal-turned external one.
80 GB internal-turned external one.

All Seagate Baraccuda PATA 7200 RPM
ncwdavid
My harddrive is 160GB but its split into two partitions and I dunno how to fix that. It just seemed to happen and I dont have a clue how Confused . Its enough for me as i dont really need alot of memory for films just songs and I only have about 1,000 songs.
JayBee
What size do you mean?

The smallest is the biggest and vice versa.
Macko112
Filled up my 120gb on my last computer. Still have 200gb left on my new 320gb.
stuck
In my server with windows server 2k3

80 GB SATA
40 GB IDE

my personal computer
2x80 GB SATA II

my backup computer
1x80 GB IDE

regards,
stuCk
bond4154
30 GB with a Windows XP Professional Edition, partitioned into 25 GB in C:/ and 5 GB in D:/.
codelyokogirl
60gb
Whong
I have now a 80GB internel harddrive and a 500GB external harddrive. Well atleast I know that I'll be having a lot of storage space for sometime! Wink
Shake
On this machine I have two hard disks with 200 gigabytes worth of capacity each.
I also have quite a bit of removable storage. I have a lot of junk, believe me.

Lately I'm starting to wonder what I'm going to do when it's time to upgrade.
My data will take days to transfer over to my new machine! Shocked
Talk2Tom11
I have 4 drives for my machine

c: 250GB
f: 250GB
i: 500GB
k: 160GB

total of 1.16TB
blueray
I have 80 + 13 + 4. All these are very small and old
but I need to go to buy a new one for use with windows vista.
ganesh
Laptop HD is 60 Gig (Wish I had more there!) - Currently 4.4 Gig free
Desktop PC HD is 160 Gig (Wish I had more there) - Currently 6 Gig free
External hard drive 1 is 238 Gig - Currently 2 Gig free
External hard drive 2 is 238 Gig - Currently 54 Gig free
cvkien
for the first time i have my computer, my hard disk size was 20gb only. then my laptop has 40gb and my new desktop has 200gb. anyway, that is still not enough for me, the bigger size i have, the more files i'll store in it. so, size is always a problems for me...
starfish2007
i have a 300 gb drive but because i amusing vista its devided into a c partiction and aback uppartician and inot sure how big ech oneis never checked
dude_xyx
Still My desktop computer had 80 Gb Hard and its already full i have to buy another and still now sure i should go for a 200 GB or 160 GB.
prole
Sad It seems all you people have bigger space than I do. Only 40GB here, since computer was built 5 years ago.
tomahawk19
Lets see

Work Desktop:
80 GB OS Drive
250 GB Work Drive
200 GB External Media Drive

Server 1:
200 GB (2 Partitions, 20 GB OS, 180 GB Files)

Server 2:
100 GB (2 Partitions, 20 GB OS, 80 GB Files)

Work Laptop:
120 GB

Client Laptop:
40 GB

Client Computers (2):
80 GB
goldendes

Surprised
definition
used to have two 40gigs internal harddisks but with 755mb free total i needed a new,bigger one. All of my games together where 65gigs total Cool Now i have a new SataII Western Digital HardDisk with 250gigs, that enough for me...
silverdown
Web-development Desktop,Programming - two 80 GB Hard drives
Normal Use Computer - 160 GB hard drive
Laptop - 40 GB hard drive

Four SanDisk Cruzer Micro U3 Flash Drive that are 4 GB a each. Very Happy
pirki
My Laptop is more than three years old and has 40 GB Hard disc size. But I have an external Disc with 500 GB, so I don't have problem with memory at the moment
cvkien
now i had another 80gb external harddisk, but also use up to 80 percent also.
WallBase
mhm i have 800 GB i have used 63 GB for movies, and games^^ haha
Ramelof
I have 80GB on forur partitions

C: 10GB
D: 12GB
E: 31GB
F: 20GB
hiquality
60 gigs as i have a laptop computer
snicker
laptop w/ 60 GB
USB drive w/ 160 GB
xbox running gentoo w/ 8 GB (original HD, on the way for its replacement)

my 2 cents
carlospro7
With an empty hard drive I have a capacity of 100gb. Currently, I'd say, I have used about 60gb in use, but if I keep downloading stuff pretty soon I'll need more space
hawkwing8
i have a 250g hard-drive, all in my C: drive. However it isnt enuf, especially for a working person like me Smile
tefa_taftaf2010
i have only 80 Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

but i have about 50 giga on cds
HollyK
My internal drive is 80 gigabytes. My main Seagate external is 186 gigabytes in 8 partitions, and my secondary is 72 gigabytes in 3 parts.
josef
My internal drive is 160 gigabytes and 256 mr
mjohnson
80gb is enough to me,so I select it.
why6487
xyweb wrote:
So...?

Mine is 149GB. This job can be boring.
maybe
i've 80gb and i think that's enough for me (now)...
twowayradios45
30 gig sadly Crying or Very sad
lethaltriad
Right now I have 2 40 gig drives but I bought 2 500 gigs and jus waiting for them to get shipped now =) Need all the space for my photography as I can get!
rohan2kool
160 GB with 4 partitions [60, 60, 30, 2].. although the remaining 3-4 GB is free space (unallocated) and the rest is not usable.

btw.. the 2gb is for the linux swap partition.
OS Master
My hard drive is 160 GB on my laptop any my desktop. My older computer has a 20 GB hard drive. I use it for my personal web server.
cosmicx
I have 120GB running on my laptop, but it is still not enough to me Very Happy
dinael
I have 370 GB.

1.st HD -40
2.nd HD - 80
3.rd HD - 250

bought in that order

they are partitioned to show like 6 drives,
just to be easier to loose myself in all that mess.

Rolling Eyes
nitrobeat
My hd is: 160GB and 320GB
They are in 4 partitions.
Partition 1 = 80 GB
Partition 2 = 80 GB
Partition 3 = 160 GB
Partition 4 = 160 GB
Arno v. Lumig
320GB + 80GB on one PC, and 80 + 120 on the other PC, and I got a backup HD of 160GB (which is full -.-)
blueray
It may be the time to get a large one.
As application became larger.
Everywhere apps will come 2GB or above.
Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office, Visual Studio, even operation system now (i.e. Windows Vista 15 approx )

It's crazy !!!!
zinitine
I have an 80 GB internal hard drive cut into two partitions (60 GB for one and the rest for the other) and a 500 GB external hard drive cut into three partitions (175 GB, 100 GB, 225 GB). I've got tons of space on every partition. But probably not for long.
rodrigoz17
I have two disck with 80 Gb each one.....one is and IDE.....and the other is a SATA Disck.....i'm waiting for the new PC i think with a 250 Gb SATA II.....ore more it depend's on money xD
ankit_jain
I have 160gb harddisk divided into four partitions of 40 gb each.I have one more old harddisk of 40gb which i use as a pendrive Very Happy Very Happy

Ankit
Indyan
My hd is 160+20 gb (20gb is a old crappy one i use for backup purposes).
babumuchhala
I just bought a 320 GB HDD and now I have 320 + 20 + 2 (ya I still have it Razz )

Now I dont know what to do with so much space Razz
dmystic
i got a 250 GB HDD, in 2 partitions, 1 of 50GB, and 1 of 200GB...
MarzEz
i have 8 hard drives, but only one works and it is my biggest hard drive; it's only 80gb!
all the rest are under 30gb and don't work due to bad blocks, head crashes or permanent traumal because of running windows ME in a past life. Mad (this is true, my hard drive won't acknowledge it's own existence, despite several reformattings. it once ran windows ME, but has run nothing else since. Brick wall )
Here's the sad thing, my hard drive is one of the best parts of my computer.
tempdbs
Hey Hard drives maintanance is just less to talk....

Hope it will be more good to say - "What is the Memory capacity for you PC?"

Ok I'am Having 2 Hard drives and almost 300+GB in DVD's
The First HArd drive - 120 GB with in my laptop and
secondly - An external Hard drive with 80GB caacity.

After getting downloads - just keeping all those scrap into DVD's especailly Movies and Softwares.....
emem
Workstation: one 320Gb wd, one 200gb hitachi external.
Other computer: one 80gb maxtor, 10gb noname, 6gb seagate Smile
tahoestyle
160gb laptop hd
160gb ext storage crossfire
1gb thumb

This is a huge jump for me since 40gb is all I have used and have ever needed
ForceRun
Well I use just to have 20 Gb when i first got XP, but as my files grew so did my HD farm. There they are, not counting thumb drives:
Total 2.3Tb
Base System:
320 GB IDE - System
4x250 GB Sata 2 - RAID 0 Data/Docs

Side system:
2x500 GB Sata 2 - RAID 0 More Data

And I think I have about ~200GB free.
kizarop
Well used to have 2 x 320 GB in SATA RAID array , Well actually looking for SCSI systems and 15K+ RPM HDDs Cool
biljap
I have 120 Gb and when I was buying it I thought its too much and that I maybe even wont need it. Now I can see its filling up. Well, I can always create more free space by burning files I dont use very often on CD or DVD.
wylieconlon
I have an Intel Mac, with 250 gigs of built-in memory, and a 160 gig external hard drive. We barely use any of it.
fadirocks
my bro 500GB and almost always full thanks to filefront Razz
I have 40GB in my IBM laptop 5GB for system restore, another 2GB for backup, filled with documents & powerpoints bah
250GB external is about to be filled too Shocked
ammonkc
My MacBook Pro has a 100 Gb Hard Drive in it, and I rely on a lot of external Firewire drives to supplement that. I've got about 2TB spread out through 3 firewire drives. Its seems like I can never get enough storage. The more drives capacities grow and prices drop, the more my need seems to grow.
samadhi
There are two hardisks,
40Giga,for system,tools
80Giga,for media,etc,still feel toooooooo small
bloodrider
I've 2 x 200 GB SATA II conected in RAID 0.
I also have a 500 GB external disk.
Almost a Terabyte Very Happy, but even so it isn't far the day that they won't be enough Razz
eefh1
I have seagate 160 GB
firmnesszhao
my disk is 240G
sg30364
Seagate 100 GB
FunDa
My old computer had 1.2 GB Laughing

Yes 1.2 GB

The new one has 80 GB in 4 partitions
Psycho_X52
My HDD is 20GB Laughing
But I only manage to fill it just 50% Laughing
Athomix
I have 320 Go on my laptop (2x160 Go)
On my dekstop I have 500 Go (2x250 Go)
And on my old dekstop I have 100 Go

Arrow And a lot of that space is used...
FunDa
Is there any advantage of having two 80 GB hard disks instead of one 160 gb one ?

I mean, internal hard disks - and I have no plans of adding more disks. So space in the cabinet is not a problem.

Is it safer to prevent hard disk crashes ?
DecayClan
So, i have 2 pc's and a laptop, so...

1st pc: 500GB Western digital ABYS sata2
320GB Western Digital Sata2
40GB Western digital IDE
40GB Western Digital IDE
40GB Hitachi(from an old notebook, connected with an adaptor)

The 2 sata2 disks are connected to an extra controller, i use this pc mainly as download center/datacenter

2nd pc: 80GB Western digital (don't need more just for games)

3rd: laptop- 80GB (don't know brand)

and an external 300GB Targa

As you can see i like Western Digital Razz
And i like whatever i download to stay on my disks, i hate writing cds/dvd...

Have a nice day Cool
froginabox
Now with the new laptop setup:
Internal = 160gb 7200rpm SATA
External = 400gb 7200rpm SATA / USB 2.0 interface (a Western Digital Elements drive)

I'm thinking about getting a smaller drive with a firewire 800 interface to record onto... I do recording with ProTools, and I notice some lag while using the USB drive. Anyone know if the firewire will help that lag go away?
DecayClan
FunDa wrote:
Is there any advantage of having two 80 GB hard disks instead of one 160 gb one ?

I mean, internal hard disks - and I have no plans of adding more disks. So space in the cabinet is not a problem.

There are some advantages and some disadvatages...
The chances of losing all your data due to HDD crash, are cut almost to half!
Also you might get more speed. Especially if they are connected to different controllers, you may transfer files faster. (although this doesn't really happen, because there isn't a source that can provide more data than they can handle...). Maybe you could also put them into raid or something...(for extra speed, or extra data security).
...and thats were the good news end
2 HDD, mean double power consumption, greater heat generation, more noise, one more slot from the HDD controller. If you upgrade in the future with an other disk, they will only get you extra space, and you might be forced to remove one of them.
Also,e.g. 2x80GB are more expensive than 1x160GB...

BUt, at the end, it is your choise
sambhav
I have 120 GB.

total 2 harddisks

1 - 40GB Samsung
2 - 80GB Samsung
fiendskull9
2x250gb right now
MeddlingMonk
I have two Seagate hard disks.

1 x IDE 160 GB
1 x SATAII 250 GB

Since my motherboard only supports SATA I, the 250GB drive slows down. And the actual capacity in Windows (due to the difference between 10^3 and 2^10) is actually 232GB. I find these drives adequate, as I have my Windows installation (and all programs) on the 160GB drive and all my files, etc. on the 250GB. The main reasons for the drives being the size they are is that I deal with multimedia projects often (ie. video and audio, etc), so this requires a large amount of space.
zjosie729
xyweb wrote:
So...?
Mines only 80gb. That's enough for me :lol:

Mine is 80G too! But it's divided into 5 partitions, 2 for linux, 2 for windows, and 1 for my files.
I still have more than half of it empty!
ssthanapati
I got myself a 500 GB Hdd few days back
dmystic
DecayClan wrote:
FunDa wrote:

There are some advantages and some disadvatages...
The chances of losing all your data due to HDD crash, are cut almost to half!
Also you might get more speed. Especially if they are connected to different controllers, you may transfer files faster. (although this doesn't really happen, because there isn't a source that can provide more data than they can handle...). Maybe you could also put them into raid or something...(for extra speed, or extra data security).
...and thats were the good news end
2 HDD, mean double power consumption, greater heat generation, more noise, one more slot from the HDD controller. If you upgrade in the future with an other disk, they will only get you extra space, and you might be forced to remove one of them.
Also,e.g. 2x80GB are more expensive than 1x160GB...

BUt, at the end, it is your choise

Ehhh, 2 hdd's isnt faster, and not more secure, as you dont use it in raid, only if 1 of the hdd's crashes you got another one, but with other data on it. if you do it with raid, its or faster, so 2 hdds of 80 gb makes together 160 GB, or more secure, so 2 hdd's are identical copys, so when 1 of it crashes, the other one got still everything on it, or you take 4 hdd's of 80GB and 2 for faster and 2 for copy
Alie
Untill now using two HDDs: Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9, 60 Gb ATA 133, 7200 RPM and one more Western Digital 40 Gb that is not connected right now.
As upgrade I'm planning to buy Seagate Barracuda 250Gb, 16mb, SATA II or Western Digital WD2500KS, 250GB 7200RPM, 16MB, SATA II. Haven't choosed yet... Rolling Eyes
Wolfie
external back up: 80 GB
sata II: 320 GB
IDE: 80GB

And that's enough for me. I've 150GB left...
So.

My next computer will have two sata II 750GB. I'm dreaming of a lot of space!

Anyway, I'have got more GB on my webserver than on my own disks... Razz
csoftdev
I have one 320GB external 3.5" hard disk, 120g hard disk on my laptop and a 80g 2.5" external hard disc, still that's not quite enough for me. I have a lot of non-permanent data that i store in my hard disc. I place data that i use regularly on my laptop and regularly shift not so regularly accessed items to my 2.5" external disc and for those rarely access, but still will be changed to 3.5" hard disc. then if i will not change it further in the next 3 motnhs, i'll burn it to DVD Very Happy.
Jaspa
With the recent purchase of this wonderful machine I'm on now came a SATAII 250Gb internal hdd (not sure of the make). But just in case I also have an external SATAII 320Gb Seagate Usb2.0 drive Very Happy
Trevarion
In this rig I've got 2x250gigs, still not enough... got 7gigs of free space left now Razz
Going to upgrade to 4x250gigs soon, I hope that's enough.
In my other (work) pc I've got one 80gig HDD, which is more than enough for all the documents I have on there Smile
emem
4x 250gigabytes is too much Smile You'll over-indulgence yourself Very Happy
bostko
20GB ;(
FunDa
2 of my friends' hard disks crashed recently.

Both were around 2 to 3 years old . Anybody else having problems with hard disks crashing .
Any way to recover the data ?

The hard disks do not show up in the OS when connected to the secondary IDE (yes, not SATA disks) of a computer with a good hard disk either.
djclue917
FunDa wrote:

Of course there is. You can access the two drives at once which would result in a better overall system performance (as far as hard disk "speed" is concerned). But of course, it wouldn't always be like you'll get twice the speed or that you'll get the "speed boost" every time. It would still depend on how the two hard drives are used.

Now back to the topic. I currently have one 80 GB HDD but I'm planning on buying a 250 GB (or 160 GB) this week. Wink
J-Evil
60 GB Hard Drive installed in my computer (with about 9GB of space left), and a 250GB External S-ATA Hard Drive (trying to figure out how to copy winXP and all my files over and install that inside my computer atm lol)
anotheraddict
I will soon (2-3 business days) have 4 HDD's in my pc

1-20gb
1-80gb
2-250gb

so I'll have exactly 600gb total and I know i need more already lol Embarassed
HamsterMan
Two 120 GB at the moment, but I was planning on getting a couple of 500 GB ones next month, to finally get rid of all IDE drives.
FunDa
HamsterMan wrote:
Two 120 GB at the moment, but I was planning on getting a couple of 500 GB ones next month, to finally get rid of all IDE drives.

!!! What do you do with all that space Question
jtayl153
I have 2 hard disks 1 is back up files It is 10Gb

My main Is 165Gb

It is nearly full (of games and crap)

so I might transfer all files over to a 500Gb
Aiuspaktyn
I have 3 x 300 GB SATA2 HDD in RAID5
They are fast and secure my data...
Wolfie

I got many GBs spare. So. What should I do with it? Razz

PS: By the way, this foreign language is Dutch. Not German!!!
xav90
I've 500 gigas but it isn't enough Sad
cvkien
i'm not sure is i did post here. lazy to check it anyway. but i have 200gb in my pc. another 80 external. but unfortunately i still thinking of not enough for me.
asim
hi,

i have one 120 GB Samsung SATA Hardisk.

and one 80 GB Barracuda Seagate Hardisk.

but they are almost full planning to get a new hard disk Very Happy
SgtGarcia
I have 1 PC and 1 laptop.

The PC contains 5 harddrives, 80, 250, 300, 300 and 500 GB.
The laptop has one harddrive, 100 GB.

Furthermore i have 2 external drives:
250 GB and 500 GB
penzszerzo
I have the hard disk.
80 GB and a 160 GB
Now i want to buy one or two better...
aaron552
I need ANOTHER new hard disk... I just bought a 320GB and it's already got only 90GB free

I have an 80GB hard diskk for linux and a 320GB for windows
alyer
400GB of SATA-II is enough for me
jembo
I just have one 120GB HD
and now i wanted to buy a new one for my laptop
any good advice?
smspno
I have got two hard disks - the first one has got 120 gigabytes and the second one has got 60 gigabytes. However, I still find it not enough. I like storing everything on my HD.
Ucbet
120 GB and its not enough nowadays !!! Planning to get a huge External H.D.D

Any good recommnedation ? I'm looking at a cheap one with decent quality. Doesnt have to be the best external hard drive ever.
ftv_flung
I've got a desktop and laptop computer and two external hard drives.... haha

Desktop: 80gb (24.3gb free)
Laptop: 40gb (27.9gb free)

Old external hard drive: 120gb (47.7gb free)
New external hard drive: 250gb (97.9gb free)

So in total I've got 490gb of space!
And 197.8gb free! ahaha
swizzy
i have my 80gb in 4 partitions... with 2 of the partitions having only 7 mb free Cool
ForceRun
Ucbet wrote:
120 GB and its not enough nowadays !!! Planning to get a huge External H.D.D

Any good recommnedation ? I'm looking at a cheap one with decent quality. Doesnt have to be the best external hard drive ever.

I just got the WD 1TB MyBook 2 for $220, and so far it has run great.

With that I think I have you all beat with a total of 3.32 Tb of Hard drive space:

Base System:
320 GB IDE - System
4x250 GB Sata 2 - RAID 0 Data/Docs

1 WD 1 TB MyBook 2 - TV Shows

Side system:
2x500 GB Sata 2 - RAID 0 More Data

All of the drive are mostly full which mean it is time to clean some of the older junk off.
eXon3
Western Digital 250GB SATA HD x2.

About ~450 GB after formatting. My music collection's huge and takes about 75% of it, so... yeha, you get the point.
undeath
At the moment i have got two hard drives:
1TB and 500GB

I hope this will be enought space for the next two years Very Happy

greez Undeath
rufa
Currently a 500gb drive in the comp and a 250gb external hd.

Not totally full yet, but I could easily do it anytime with some downloading.. But then I'd have to buy a new one ^^.
bikermwtp
i have a 160 internal sata hard drive and a 500 gig external hard drive i use or DJing and so far im happy with both of them
Ennex
My setup is sort of random.

I have an 80 gig harddrive partitioned into an 18.5 and the rest is storage, the 18.5 has windows and what not. Then I have a 40 which is also shortage but i use to have an 8 which was for temp, storage, cache and what not but I got rid of that after it made fairly bad sounds.....

But yeah...I've got jackall space really I'm considering getting 1 or 2 500g's for space Smile
Kelcey
In my desktop, I have like 2 300 gig drives. I need a huge drive to store all my stuff though because my laptop is only 60 gigs.
bigt
The laptop has an 80GB SATA drive.
The desktop has two older IDE drives at 40GB and 120GB.
Diablosblizz
I have two drives equaling 100 GB, one 80 and one 20. So far, it's enough for what I need it for.
Da Rossa
HDD 1: 120GB
HDD 2: 80GB.
k_s_baskar
80 GB SATA i replaced my 40 GB old hdd on last year. still my hdd is having 50GB free space!
bulek
At the moment,
HDD1 seagate 320 gb
HDD2 maxtor 160 gb
HDD3 IBM 60 gb
Craeft
Seems a rather personal question. Razz

1TB WD Caviar
xbcd
My computer is 250 gb with 80gb windows partition and the rest is my 3 linux partitions (home,root, and swap). Now my server on the other hand is a ridiculous arrary of different harddrives.

Server:
C:\ 80gb (OS ONLY)
D:\ 28gb (Game iso's)
E:\ 37GB (Entire family's "My Documents")
F:\ 20GB (Application Installers)
G:\ 30gb (Music Drive)
H:\ 8gb (Website)
I:\ 400gb (Movies)
J:\ 500gb (T.V. Shows)

Total: 1103GB

Space Free
C:\ 62gb (OS ONLY)
D:\ 23gb (Game iso's)
E:\ 8.94GB (Entire family's "My Documents")
F:\ 2.4GB (Application Installers)
G:\ 4.5gb (Music Drive)
H:\ 7.4gb (Website)
I:\ 8.86gb (Movies)
J:\ 82.3gb (T.V. Shows)

Total Free 199.4 GB
Total Used 903.6 GB

My Plans. Replace the 5 physical drives that make up all those partitions with a single 1TB Drive and then combine my 3 biggest drives (2x200 1x500) and make them a back up since i havn't been using backups
petesam
I have total 160 Gb (80SATA +80PATA)...with another 80GBPATA leased out to a needy friend Smile
andersonshatch
160GB in my laptop; 2 external drives, one 250GB & one 400GB

Need to invest in another one soon, only about 15GB left on the external's.
Guelila
I currently have two 160G SATA drives on my desktop
and one 80G drive on my laptop
peeters
i have a few:
-1x 60gb
-1x 11gb
-2x 9gb
-1x 250gb
-1x 1tb

i'm sorry if it is too much..
bigt
I also have a few.

1 x 120 GB
1 x 40 GB
1 x 500 GB
powerfusion66
I have one 7200.11 500GB Seagate.
osuchin
I have 60 GB. How sad. tsk.
Faraz
1*80gb
1*60gb

My office pc got 300gb. =o
zeroburnrox
C:\ 29.2GB..........7.11GB Used / 22.1GB Free
D:\ 117GB...........42GB Used / 75.5GB Free
E:\ 93.1GB..........23.9GB Used / 69.1GB Free
F:\ 115GB...........109GB Used / 6.3GB Free
Total Storage......354.3GB
Total Used..........182GB
Total Free...........173GB

Linux Partition (Other half of Hard drive that is C:\) 28GB

Sometime in the next 2-3 months I will be upgrading my hard drives since these are IDE and getting kind of old (oldest is about 5 years old). I will be getting 4 x 250GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM SATAII drives. That will give me a total of 1TB of space and about 1.5TB of space if I continue using these IDE drives until they die (though I think I will end up selling most of them).
bulek
320 GB + 160 GB + 60 GB
free space: 3,2 GB Smile
prithvi
I have 500GB + 250GB + 80GB = 830GB
Seagate Barracuda and Samsung disks

Got the 500GB recently, the others are old ones that I still have on.
psycosquirrel
Down to an 80Gb in the laptop and a 320Gb RAID in the desktop.
jylan
I have a 160GB internal harddrive in my emac, but I want to get an external one so that I can use the way cool Time Machine software that Apple includes in Leopard 10.5 Very Happy
fromegame
320GB Internal SATA - 132 GB free - OS and Installed programs
500GB External FireWire - 160 GB free - Files

Enough for all my dvd-images, tv-series, and anime. Smile
LotusNegra
My HD size is 3.5'' =P
abhishek_2410
mine is of 160 gb on my laptop and it is almost full .
bsatechnologies
I have two hard disks Seagate 40GB and Seagate 120GB.
40GB(36gb after format) = 12/12/4/8
120GB(108gb after format) = 27/27/27/27
ciureanuc
I use ONLY Western Digital. Since I got first computer magazine, I am in love with this brand. Don't ask me why: I guess I was impressed about the advertising back in 1996. And I think they are the first guys who beat any boundary...

I used only 7200rpm and I tried to keep up with the connections: IDE, SATA, SATA2; 2 Mb cache, 8Mb cache, 16 Mb cache...
I had 20 Gb, then 80 Gb, now 250 SATA.

I will quote one of my friends: doesn't matter how big is the hard drive, you ALWAYS feel it small. Smile
When I upgraded my 20gigs/2Mb cache to 80gigs/8Mb cache I was thrilled... The same for the 80 to 250 Gb upgrade...
But today, 250Gb/16Mb cache seems small.
WHY!!!??? You don't need to answer to that. Smile
soljarag
I have alot of computers so here i go............

Laptop 1 - 80 GB
Laptop 2 - 120 GB
Laptop 3 - 320 GB

Desktop 1 - 750 GB
Desktop 2 - 500 GB
Desktop 3 - 80 GB

External 1 - 500 GB
External 2 - 320 GB
External 3 - 60 GB

so I have about 2730 GB total.....

Not too bad, I have alot of mp3s (about 170 GBs) and I have them backed up in 4 places.... on 2 desktops and 1 external harddrive. then I have most of them burned to dvds

I would really freak out if i lost them all!
Donutey
I've got 80GB (WD) + 2x 160GB (seagate) on my desktop. Then another 80GB in my laptop, and then a 1TB (seagate) drive that's currently in an external enclosure attached to my laptop. The 1TB drive is basically a duplicate/backup of the 2x 160GB on my desktop at home (I'm currently at university w/o the desktop)...

From about the 1.6GB hard drive to the 80GB hard drive I preferred Western Digital, but Seagate has improved greatly so that they generally offer the best price/reliability/performance ratio.

So ~1.480 TB of space.
deltalong
I have 3 disks , and each is 40GB Smile
Ghost Rider103
I have two 500GB.

So I have 1000GB all together Very Happy
agudosnet
120Gb Sad
djclue917
I just bought my Lenovo Y430 notebook almost a week ago... 320GB of storage (Western Digital). Not bad. Smile

Code:
Disk /dev/sda: 320.0 GB, 320072933376 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 38913 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes
Disk identifier: 0xc3ffc3ff

Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks   Id  System
/dev/sda1   *           1        3735    30000363+   7  HPFS/NTFS
/dev/sda2            3736        5602    14996677+  83  Linux
/dev/sda3           36988       38914    15471960   12  Compaq diagnostics
/dev/sda4            5603       36987   252100012+   5  Extended
/dev/sda5            5603        5608       48163+  83  Linux
/dev/sda6            5609       36866   251079853+  83  Linux
/dev/sda7           36867       36987      971901   82  Linux swap / Solaris

My desktop (soon to be a "family" computer) has 160GB (Seagate) + 80GB (Samsung)
devaco
I need more ....
ParsaAkbari
mine is about 170gigabytes and its nearly full Crying or Very sad
dickyzin
I have 3 hard disks in my computer and they add up to be around 650 GB.
SpellcasterDX
I believe we just have an 80GB HDD on this ol' Dell E310 Desktop. It's enough.
Triple_7
160GB Western Digital SATA.

Time to do a little spring cleaning though...only 10GB left Confused Or just get a second slave drive for all the misc junk. Think
chartcentral
I currently got two 40 gigabyte-hard disks and one with 80 GB. Smile
keane
I only have 160GB both on my desktop and laptop. I've been thinking of upgrading my desktop's HD, but I don't know how to go about copying my OS and all files to a bigger HD. I can't reinstall Vista, since I don't have the disc. Sad
FunDa
Buy an external hard disk. It is better to have one around if you plan to transfer movies or large amounts of music.

Pen drives are also ok, but if you collect music or movies, better have an external HDD
manlear
HA! 750Gb with a 150Gb recovery, both are Western Digital GREAT Hard drives
Parkour_Jarrod
70 GB bay 1 and 80 GB bay 2 Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
k_s_baskar
last week i replaced my old 80gb seagate with a new 160 gb sata due to problem in old hdd. Smile
pumpin
Got only 80G on my Dell laptop and 250G on external HDD
manlear
If i named all of my CP's... well lets just say around 10kgb-12kgb...
Jamestf347
my main hard drive is 60 GB and i have a 500 GB external, which is way past enough for me, hopefully i can get my hands on 1 TB + eventually
guru09
Got 500gb segate and 320gb western digital.

Also have a 160gb seagate

4-- 10gbs old ide drives
dickyzin
I just bought a new Asus Eee PC 1000H that comes with 120 Gigabytes of Hard Disk space.
ForceRun
Latest Updated Hard Drives

Base System:
300 GB 10,000 RPM WD VeicoRapior Sata - System
320 GB IDE - Data
2x1.5 TB Seagate Sata - Data/Docs

NAS (IceBox)
1 WD 1 TB MyBook USB
2X 500 GB WD Sata RAID - 0

Total Space:
5.62 TBs

All of the drive are mostly full which mean it is time to clean some of the older junk off.
agulto
I have 3 Hard Drives installed right now but 2 of them are running off my USB ports since they aren't SATAs I had issues running them through IDE cables my PC suddenly doesn't detect the IDE drives at some point after having them run initially.

160 Gb Western Digital
250 Gb Seagate
40 Gb Seagate

any inputs on seagates Tera HDDs? how long does it take to fill them up and how many days when you run disk defragmentation on them LMAO!
gueda
2 samsung sata 250 GB 3.5"
1 samsung sata 160 GB 2.5"

bought (don't arrive yet) barracuda 750 GB 3.5"
Pepperfan
I am running two 250 gig hard drives. The first one is 48% free. and the second one is 94% free.

Charles

PS. That is the only HD configuration available came on the computer I wanted.
ForceRun
agulto wrote:

any inputs on seagates Tera HDDs? how long does it take to fill them up and how many days when you run disk defragmentation on them LMAO!

They have okay speed, just a lot of basic hardware problems, going to send one in for a RMA soon.
carlospro7
I have a 250GB SATA harddrive on my desktop. I'm beginning to run out of room. I'm getting an EeePC and that is going to have 20GB SSD.

Yes! this being my 500th post, I'm finally a senior frihoster. This is such an honor Very Happy
Diablosblizz
Congrats carlos. Myself? I have a 250 GB hard drive and I get angry if it goes below 160 GB. Razz I have this fascination that if I go below then I am going to run out.
joostvane
A quick 600 GB harddrive for my programs and stuff. And another 1000GB External hard drive to store my DVDs and backups on. Have enough with that. I'm actually already happy with my 600GB, but I need my external for backups.
abdulqadirabid
just got a 1000 gb hard disk as i need to store high definition movies and other HD stuff ,
k_s_baskar
just now i bought 1TB seagate Harddisk with SATA interface.
I never going to use this much of storeage, but really like to have one with me.
tamilparks
i am having only 160 GB harddisk only..
FunDa
tamilparks wrote:
i am having only 160 GB harddisk only..

I thought 160 GB would be enough for me when I bought my computer. But now I am struggling with 500 GB hard disk even.

Most of the files are not essential, but sorting through them and deleting the useless ones and storing unused data on DvD is postponed indefinitely.

After getting a digital camera, I can't stop taking photos. And I keep taking in hi-resolution even though I know I am not going to print them out Smile
superman13
I have 1x160gb and 2x 250gb Smile
ProwerBot
A 250gb hard drive in my laptop, suits my needs just well... considering buying a 1tb network drive though.
Zenk
320GB

Still 180GB free.
ms_j
320GB divided into 3 drives 40, 70 and 210 GB
flamepjlh
nigam wrote:
As of for me I have to Hard Disk both Seagate, for my OS's it's 10G and for my Datas it's 120 Gig. But I still need more to store all my movies and other stuffs

mine is 80GB,too.

I know it is too old. so this disk is only for operating system using.

I have another 1TB for data storage, mostly movies and TV series.

Wink
Ankhanu
In system, I have a 750Gb.
For backup I have a 500Gb external.
For my media, etc. I have a 2Tb external and another 1Tb external.
Navigator
xyweb wrote:
So...?

This comment was made in 2006, This reminds me of that infamous quote attributed (and probably wrongly) to Bill Gates made in the 80s: "640K ought to be enough for anybody." Referring to RAM.
achowles
I've just got myself a 1TB drive which means I now have a total of 1.5TB. Not bad. I don't need all that space, but what with the prices being what they are I would only have been saving pennies by getting a smaller drive. Which is ridiculous, but there you go.
jilbs
I have
1 TB internal - Only working hardrive i have left.
320 GB SATA - Died a week ago, Sad
250 GB IDE - Died last month Sad

1 TB External Western Digital - Died with i went on vacation in the Philippines. My dog ran around the wires and my Hardrive fell on the floor. Sad declared dead after inserting it back.
achowles
jilbs wrote:
I have
1 TB internal - Only working hardrive i have left.
320 GB SATA - Died a week ago, Sad
250 GB IDE - Died last month Sad

1 TB External Western Digital - Died with i went on vacation in the Philippines. My dog ran around the wires and my Hardrive fell on the floor. Sad declared dead after inserting it back.

What brand do you usually buy? Just so I can... never buy that brand.
pll
200 Gb + 1000 Gb (external)

and I have something like 60 Gb of taken space -_-
ProwerBot
My laptop has 250gb hard drive.

My desktop has a 200gb hard drive.

On my desktopI have only used maybe 16gb. On my laptop, I have windows and ubuntu installed, plus more apps than my desktop even though I use my desktop more. But it's still like 170gb free.
cybersa
Disk 1:180GB
Disk 2:250GB
Totally:430GB
ProwerBot
Update:

250gb Toshiba hard drive on my laptop
200gb HP hard drive on my desktop
320gb External HP hard drive
josephastigin8
i think 250gb is enough for you.

this is only my opinion.
portoskt
160 + 250 + 1000 + 1000 in my case
Rajiev
ForceRun wrote:
agulto wrote:

They have okay speed, just a lot of basic hardware problems, going to send one in for a RMA soon.

DO NOT BUY SEAGATE EXTERNAL HDDs

all the people all around the world say have some pretty bad comments on SeaGate Expansion External. I Do NOT know about the other products. I bought one and it only worked for 2 months. Had to wait around one month to send and receive the HDD since My country do NOT have a RMA point Sad
However, their Return policy is pretty awesome. The Best i know of. No Questions ask. If you send a broken drive with proper insulation, they'll return a drive within 3-7 working days Smile

Have said that,
I have

2TB SeaGate Expansion External
320GB Hitachi (laptop)
320GB WD (laptop)
500GB SeaGate FreeAgent Go (which is Not actualy mine though :p)
________
3.14 TB
=======

but Those are not TiBi bytes. So
1 000 000 000 000
3.14 /1.024 /1.024 /1.024 /1.024
= 2.8558 TiBi
Smile
FunDa
If their return policy is good, I guss it will still be a good option for me.

I have Seagate Service center in my city. I guess I could return it there and get it replaced if anything gos wrong

I used to buy Seagate Internal Hard Disks for my desktops

But recently I am using Western Digital.

So no idea about quality of Samsung recently
mukesh
In my HDD have 320 GB capicity
SultanMA
250 GB. IDE one Sad

not enough Sad
Nameless
My laptop has 250 GB. I'm using maybe half of that at the moment, and could get by on less if I deleted some old games or videos.
Arty
The computer I am using has a 620GB 7200rpm hard drive.
The laptop I'm getting has a 500GB hybrid drive with 4GB of flash memory.
Mikiwi93
mine is 500gb of hd...but tommorow i will buy a 320 ssd
Aredon
You you people are crazy. I would die with that small of hardrive space! I'm currently running a single 1TB and a single 500GB. I plan on setting up a RAID 0 or RAID 5 config with two more 1TB drives when I get the chance. Cool
k_s_baskar
160 GB in total and have 2 partitions each have 80 GB(approx).
Smile
ricardinhu
my hd is 250 GB seagate
GBWMIRANDA
My Hd is 500 GB Maxtor
ricardinhu
have other HD 1 TB Seagate
mukesh
I have two HDD one is 160 GB Samsung and 500Gb Seagate other.
weableandbob
1.5 Terabyte Seagate HDD. I'm thinking I might want to get a small SSD soon for booting and such though.
meiz
i have 320G, but not enough. Embarassed
kmontano
320 GB internal. Still not large enough.
cnitolo
400Gb IDE for Backup, 80GB Sata for OS, 320GB Sata for data.
heimi
i have 250G, 50/100/100, now it be full Sad
sysna
2x2TB external with adapter + 1x3TB external again with adapter
1x1TB external without adapter
my laptop comes with built in 750GB hdd
and my pc has a 128GB SSD + 1x2TB hdd.
lightningleo
sysna wrote:
2x2TB external with adapter + 1x3TB external again with adapter
1x1TB external without adapter
my laptop comes with built in 750GB hdd
and my pc has a 128GB SSD + 1x2TB hdd.

Wow.. Smart Configurations.. Mine is only 1 TB integrated and 1 TB external..
badai
it seem windows 7 have problem with 3TB partition. if i use up my 3TB hdd in 1 partition, i will get a lot of file structure error and lots of bad sector. i thought the hdd really got bad sector and send it for RMA and bought another 3TB hdd just to encounter the same error. then i partition it to 1TB and 2TB, after 1 month there is no error. seem like windows 7 32 bit cannot handle 3TB partition.

oh yes, now i got back my 3TB from RMA....

this was 6 years ago:

badai wrote:
after resize my d drive:

this is today:

10.25TB
chartcentral
My computer's from a long time ago (more than 6 years old), it's got two hard drives: one 40 GB and one 160 GB. Smile
jajarvin
My hard drive's size is 80GB.
Peterssidan
My hard disk is 320 Gb. I also have an old 160 Gb disk that isn't reliable enough to use as primary disk but it contains some old files e.g. music that I still listen to sometimes.
firstroad
mine is 160 GB
having a lot of applications installed only 30 GB is free
i have no games installed because my system can't handle them so i am not going to upgrade my hdd unless i upgrade my systemthese go together
andro_king
Mine is 1Tb external hard disk + 160gb internal memory space.
Preety enough for me to store my files over here ! Razz Very Happy
sysna
my laptop has 750GB internal disk and i use a 2TB external 2.5" drive too .
Jokiae
320 + 160 GB
Sabbadon
I've this configuration:
1x SSD 128GB used for main OS (Windows 7) and some sw and World of Warcraft directory. SSD Rocks, amazing speed event with the installation of windows updates
2HDD 1TB where I store my preferred music/videos, other games, some virtual machines.
subhan1
160gb - enough for me Wink
william
Hmm, 128 GB + 1 TB + 500 GB + 500 GB, so 2.125 TB. Definitely not enough, I need to buy a NAS at some point along with a pair of internal drives for this desktop to put in RAID 1. I'm losing a bit of sleep over data loss, but ever since the Thailand floods, the hard drive market has been in a dismal state. Not only were they very expensive for a while, the entire hard drive market is now dominated by two companies: Seagate and Western Digital. Samsung sold off their hard drive division to Seagate (and as a result, the quality of their formerly excellent drives went down the drain) and Hitachi's GST was acquired by Western Digital. About the only consumer hard drive that can still be considered dependable right now is the Western Digital Caviar Black series. Of course, the also cost a pretty penny. Confused

At least SSDs are dropping in price very quickly.
zaxacongrejo
looking for pcie x16 ssd around 80/100 GB does anyone know a good brand?
Nick2008
I have 500GB, which is more than enough for me. I'm hoping my next computer 5 or 6 years from now will have a SSD with the same capacity at a reasonable price!
sudipbanerjee
In my PC hard disk size is 300GB
codegeek
I have 500 GB on my laptop, 80 GB on my desktop and about 8 GB on dropbox. I have not been able to fill it all up, so I guess it's enough for now.
manverupl
On device 500 GB its not enough And as a external disk 500 GB but its still not enough. On device I had 20GB free and on external 15GB.
Stay_Classy
500GB is good enough for me. I don't have lots of video files, just lots of programs that I made, and MANY more that I didn't make.
twotrophy
I have about 320gb on my MacBook Pro 13" Late 2011. Looking at the first page, you can see that most people used to have only about 80gb of space in their computers. This thread was first posted more than 5 years ago. This shows how much computer specifications evolved over time. I wonder what computer specifications would be like by 2015 and 2020.