FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

links to profiles on usernames

Aredon
I think it kind of annoying to have to click the profile button on a user's post to view their profile while the user's name is displayed in plaintext. Can the user's name be made into a clickable link that will bring you to their profile in addition to having the profile button?

Shouldn't be too hard to nest the user's name around an anchor element using the same link as the profile button. Probably just need to edit a single line or two in a PHP file somewhere under phpBB.
garionw
Aredon wrote:
I think it kind of annoying to have to click the profile button on a user's post to view their profile while the user's name is displayed in plaintext. Can the user's name be made into a clickable link that will bring you to their profile in addition to having the profile button?

Shouldn't be too hard to nest the user's name around an anchor element using the same link as the profile button. Probably just need to edit a single line or two in a PHP file somewhere under phpBB.

Thats a very good idea and but not very easily created

Bonding's may wish to do it, but it would mean modifying the phpbb code, but doing so would save both bandwidth and speed up the page load times (I know the mean the same thing Smile)
Bondings
There it is. Very Happy
Hogwarts
Wow, that was quick!

Could you change the style of the user name so that it is black and not underlined still? I think it looked better that way, and it still maintains functionality.
Bondings
Hogwarts wrote:
Wow, that was quick!

Could you change the style of the user name so that it is black and not underlined still? I think it looked better that way, and it still maintains functionality.

Well this way it will be noticed by the other users.

By the way, you'll get used to it. Wink
garionw
Bondings wrote:
Hogwarts wrote:
Wow, that was quick!

Well this way it will be noticed by the other users.

By the way, you'll get used to it. Wink

Wow... thanks Bondings, that was quick, is there a possibility that you can remove the button to "profile" as its no-longer needed?
James007
Don't push it.

-close-