FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

MySQL software problems

Arnie
There seems to be something wrong on the frih.net server. When trying to login to Squirrelmail (http://arnie.frih.net/squirrelmail) I receive the following errors:
Quote:
Warning: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]: write failed: No space left on device (28) in /var/www/html/squirrelmail-1.4.5/src/redirect.php on line 168

Warning: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in /var/www/html/squirrelmail-1.4.5/src/redirect.php on line 168

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/squirrelmail-1.4.5/src/redirect.php:168) in /var/www/html/squirrelmail-1.4.5/src/redirect.php on line 169
Also, I was changing the forum description of a forum on my PunBB board (http://arnie.frih.net/profan/forum) and after submitting it the error occurred which you probably see now when going there:
Quote:
Error: Unable to fetch category/forum list.
When I directly enter the link to any topic it loads correctly. All pages load correctly, except the index. I checked the database via phpmyadmin and everything seems normal. In the admin panel, both the categories and the forums load fine and can be modified.

This problem suddenly occurred while the PunBB installation is brand new and not messed with at all. What's going on? Thanks for any help!
Animal
This topic may explain the email problems. There also currently appears to be a repetition of the problems described on Saturday, December 23:

Animal wrote:
There appears to be a problem with the Server 2 database server at the moment - this may cause problems with forums / blogs / other software that relies on the MySQL databases. Please be patient and we'll let you know when we have more information.

It's nothing to worry about - it may cause a little downtime for forums, blogs and database reliant software only. It fixed itself last time, but I'll ask Bondings to have a look when he returns from his Christmas break Smile
Arnie
Ok, thank you. It is a good thing that it is 1 AM here so probably nobody will notice - on my forum I was actually making an off-topic forum so that I could legally start a topic there, asking why this guy from Germany was still online this late while it's Christmas Smile but he's gone now too

Merry Christmas anyways.. and a good night
driftingfe3s
Man I wish I read this topic before trying to slove the problem myself by uploading an older database backup and withough succucces.

I read that for some of the people the issue was resolved. Either it came back or wasn't fixed properly cuase I still get the error.
Bondings
My apologies. The /tmp directory was full, causing these errors. I cleaned it now. Most of the time it's due to people putting exploits there and trying to execute them (which shouldn't work, but the /tmp directory still gets filled).
Arnie
All works fine now. Thank you!
conspiranoia
Yes, it seems that is working fine now, but i have experienced the same from two days ago and it's not good feeling that something you don't control remains failing.

I hope it's definitely solved, i trust in this staff, despite of being a free webhosting they repair it very fast
driftingfe3s
Thanks Bondings!
SpellcasterDX
I haven't had any MySQL warnings/errors at all today. I hope it's permanently fixed.

Thanks Bondings! Very Happy