FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

free domains are a bunch of bull

evilryu530
i think they are a bunch of bull, u dont get what u want, just spend a couple bucks and get a real deal one.
ashok
What's your point? Not all sites offering free domains are fraud..
chennai
ashok wrote:
What's your point? Not all sites offering free domains are fraud..

wELL.can u share with us the sites which are not a fraud.Atleast one ?
The3dx
hey dude.... http://www.freedomain.co.nr/
this is very good free domain...
you will get...yourname.co.nr
and for free! i'm using for my site http://mcse.co.nr
it's realy a good site.
chennai
Who needs a free .co.nr
I need a free tld
Comatose
Yes, the topic starter, meant a absolutely free TLD. Confused
FireFoxDB
I just got one yesterday from www.geekdomain.net . Only had to post, and i had to reg on NameCheap so that the domain name could be passed to me.

No bullshit, took me 3 days to post.
chennai
how many post?
FireFoxDB
80 posts.
mokneyman
I've been looking for a free domain name for so long its unreal, they all say its free until the last second after you've put in your details, thanks the 3dx for the link Very Happy
FireFoxDB
It's not unreal. www.geekdomain.net . I got it for free. No bullshit, really. And
I have full control over my domain. Since it's under my account. Accounts on www.namecheap.com are free. The admin buys it under his account, and then transfers it to your account.
Zhao
That's very good... I will use that! Laughing
But right now I like uni.cc
You get >> www.name.uni.cc
No forced adverts
Good in my opinion
xorcist
FireFoxDB wrote:
It's not unreal. www.geekdomain.net . I got it for free. No bullshit, really. And
I have full control over my domain. Since it's under my account. Accounts on www.namecheap.com are free. The admin buys it under his account, and then transfers it to your account.

I bet like half of those post's were like spam. But it wasn't really free since you had to post to get the domain. I think he means like free when you just sign up and get the domain and do nothing at all. like when .be domains first came out all you had to do was sign up for it and you get a free domain for a year.
TheGeek
Someone should think up something like frihost.com but for domain names and in order to get it you have to keep a certain avg. post count or something.

The one I used to use, but was not terribly impressed with was a .tk account...
FireFoxDB
xorcist wrote:
FireFoxDB wrote:

I bet like half of those post's were like spam. But it wasn't really free since you had to post to get the domain. I think he means like free when you just sign up and get the domain and do nothing at all. like when .be domains first came out all you had to do was sign up for it and you get a free domain for a year.

No.... my posts weren't spam. And a couple of posts isn't much of an effort. I'd pay for a domain name if I had a credit card/debit card but making a couple a posts a day is just ike for the FriHost points.
rheanna
chennai wrote:
Who needs a free .co.nr
I need a free tld

Seriously..But I was just curious. Especially the time length.
mikethm
FireFoxDB wrote:
xorcist wrote:
FireFoxDB wrote:

No.... my posts weren't spam. And a couple of posts isn't much of an effort. I'd pay for a domain name if I had a credit card/debit card but making a couple a posts a day is just ike for the FriHost points.

Well in the time taken to make 80 posts... wouldn't you have used up more time than you would to make the $8.99 that is required to purchase a domain on your own?

Oh I am posting on frihost only because I like frihost by the way. I have a 250GB paid hosting account elsewhere as I rather not waste all my effort on a free host when it is really cheaper to just pay straight out.
FireFoxDB
I don't have any payment options, since I don't have PayPal, credit card, debit card or whatever, so stop whining about it. I have got 2 free domains now.