FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Recovery CD for OMNIBOOK XT6200

vlad_dracul
Hi there!

I have a laptop (HP omnibook xt6200) and I cant dispatch it that easy because altough its kinda old (3-4 years) its still very competitive..

But my recovery CD is missing and I have to reformat my notebook...

do anyone of you know anyone who have XT6200?
can I copy his/her recovery cd?

thanks a lot
q20201369
You mean you are gonna reinstall your operation system?

You can boot up using your Windows 2000/XP CD. If you lost that either, you may call HP service for help.

Another choice is to try Linux, e.g. http://www.knoppix.org . That's _totally_ free, but costs time to learn.

Best,
q20201369

vlad_dracul wrote:
Hi there!

I have a laptop (HP omnibook xt6200) and I cant dispatch it that easy because altough its kinda old (3-4 years) its still very competitive..

But my recovery CD is missing and I have to reformat my notebook...

do anyone of you know anyone who have XT6200?
can I copy his/her recovery cd?

thanks a lot
orcaz
I thought in HP computers there is a recovery partition by default? It should be D:\, you may want to recover from the recovery partition. Everytime i reformat by HP desktop, they always create this recovery partition, but I usually delete it coz I burnt out the image onto a DVD. If there isnt this partition, which means your only means of recovery is the disc, then you need to purchase the disc from HP.
Bones
Try looking for the user manual for your pc on the HP website. It should telll you how to access the recovery partition if there is one.

If there is no recovery partition, and you cannot find your recovery cd then you will need to call HP for a replacement. Personally though, if I had a choice betwen buying an HP recovery disk and buying a retail copy of XP, I'd take the retail copy every time. Depending on the difference in price of course.
vlad_dracul
thanks for the replies guys...

i lost my 2 cd's already...

those are recovery cd and the operating system with complete package...

so if I install windows xp, ill have a hard time instaling the drivers...
Bones
Go to the HP website and look for your model number. All the drivers you need should be there.