FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hard Drive Enclosures

Tony The Tiger
I anticipate recieving an internal hard drive and I only have a laptop. Who are the leaders in the market for hard drive enclosures? I.E., who makes the most reliable enclosures and who makes the leading sellers (if different)?
root
I would go for a Vantec or an Icy Box.

Icy Boxes: http://www.nanopoint.co.uk/en/pages/products/external_cases.php?search=35inch
carlokes
Hi there,

I have an Icy Box and i must say that im truly satisfied with the product. Awesome design, very good construction and the cooling system is also very effective.

Of course, at least in my country, they are not the cheapest enclosure boxes that you can get but i assure you that it's a top notch quality product and for sure, you would be very pleased with it.

Stay cool.
Tony The Tiger
root wrote:
I would go for a Vantec or an Icy Box.

Icy Boxes: http://www.nanopoint.co.uk/en/pages/products/external_cases.php?search=35inch

I must confess that I was kind of in a hurry and just picked up the sale priced enclosure from my local Staples store. It is working fine so far. I have been using it since last Saturday after having received my exchanged hard drive back from Western Digital last Friday.