FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Repeated External Hard drive problems

Tony The Tiger
I purchased an external HD in January. I have had to return it 3 times already for replacement . The first delivery would not format. The second delivery was unacceptably slow. The third developed problematic bad sectors that inhibited Norton Ghost 9.0 from performing system backups. Now, the fourth drive is not readable by my laptop. My cousing with whom I am spending Christmas is a Computer Technician. He says their external hard drive cases are defective. He feels I should demand a refund and return the internal drive (inside the case to WD for a replacement as they have suggested I do). Does this seem like the right thing to do?
TheGeek
If you are having THAT many problems with an external hard drive then by all means return it for a refund. If I was in your position I would have done that after the second one (i have little tolerance for shotty computer equiptment).
Tony The Tiger
TheGeek wrote:
If you are having THAT many problems with an external hard drive then by all means return it for a refund. If I was in your position I would have done that after the second one (i have little tolerance for shotty computer equiptment).

Is that a list of the hardware that you own?
TheGeek
In my sig? Yea, thats my computer. I have like 5 others but the one in my sig is my main rig. Why?
ganesh
What model external hard drive is this?

Seems to be really sloppy.

I have been owning a 250 GB external hard drive from LaCie since October 2005, and I haven't faced any problems with it yet. Works like a charm in backing up movies and songs.
jordankalel
Nextor, they are cheap but its been holding up for me since May last year. I have my entire portfolio backed up on there. I have a 100 gig and a 150 gig and together they cost no more than $150. Also I saw a bunch of sales going on at the end of the year that had 250 gigs for like 50 bucks after rebates. and even before the rebates they were like 120 or something like that.