FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

net2ftp

pashmina
will they be any problem if i use net2ftp script for extracting and uploading my scripts and files into my directory.?? i think this script should be installed in the direct admin because it doesn't have the facility to extract files..

and another related problem to FTP is that, i made another user to the ftp account, but when i log in with that user name, it shows me only one directory which is "incoming". What is wrong with this.
wumingsden
pashmina wrote:
will they be any problem if i use net2ftp script for extracting and uploading my scripts and files into my directory.?? i think this script should be installed in the direct admin because it doesn't have the facility to extract files..

and another related problem to FTP is that, i made another user to the ftp account, but when i log in with that user name, it shows me only one directory which is "incoming". What is wrong with this.

Firsly, I recommend using www.web2ftp.com rather than net2ftp.com.

Secondly, DirectAdmin has no installation scritps, correct.

It does however have an extract feature. Simply upload compressed .tar.gz files and through DA you can click on the extract feature (note that this feature is only seeable when you have a .tar.gz file).

When you created the additional FTP account there are 4 options which you can choose from:

Quote:
Domain: Ftp account with the root directory in the domains home directory (one up from the public_html)
Ftp: Ftp account with the root directory in the domains public_ftp directory
User: Ftp account with the root directory as the users name in the public_html directory
Custom: /home/pashmina

I recommend you choose the "Custom" option and in that box use "/home/pashmina"