FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I'VE BEEN HACKED ON YAHOO! FROM SOMONE FROM I THINK FRIHOST

hsadmin
The only people I've given my Yahoo! SmallBusiness password and login were on this website. Now, all my forums are being destroyed and changed. I think someone is mad at me for something. I'm really pissed.

Bondings, can you check my logs and see who I've made deals with within the past month by any chance? This is really scaring me. I have no way to change my ftp info on Yahoo! either!
pampoon
Well, just because you told someone on here your password doesn't mean that the hacker is a FriHost member. Any hacker can get into your system, you just have to give them a reason to. I'm not saying that it isn't someone on the forums, just don't jump to conclusions. Checking the marketplace for the people you gave away your information is a good idea, but I doubt Bondings will do it for you. Be sure and check if the person you handed your account info to is not on the blacklist...
Helios
It could also be a black-hat... those don't need any reasons to destroy websites.
Animal
Bondings may or may not be able to help you here, but in the meantime your first port of call should be with Yahoo. Email their support / abuse department immediately and get them to suspend your account and change your password - if they don't do this, someone might be able to "steal" your domain name or put illegal stuff on your site (eg. phishing pages etc.)

Once that's done, then you should go through your PM inbox / outbox and see who you gave your passwords etc to.

This is a bit of a reminder that you should never give out your passwords to anyone you don't know and implicitly trust.
Helios
Also, use strong passwords.

If the site allows it, use capital, normal letters, numbers and symbols together.
If not, then use at least capital, normal letters and numbers (better to be randomized).
That way, it'll be harder for a hacker to crack the password (especially if he's using any kind of brute-force attacks).

For example, I have around 15 different passwords, and none is under 8 characters. Plus, all are randomized by an algorithm and I remember them by heart (not so hard, really... try doing it with melody lol).
TheGeek
Sorry...but from what I have seen on these forums...I do not think anyone in here could have hacked your account...not bashing you guys or anything, users here are just better than this sort of thing (I hope). If this was hackthissite.org or binary revolution forums I could see someone there getting your site but not here.
orno
moved to Frihost Support forum

hopefully it gets more attention there
Bondings
Hsadmin, there is only one ip in the login history of DA. I assume this is you. There isn't much, if anything, that I can do. Just change all your passwords and don't hand them over in the future. Giving someone your password/login details is asking for problems, definately if you don't know them in person.
Manofgames
bondings, what he means is hes hosting with yahoo and thinks someone from frihost is abusing his hosting, and wants you to check who hes been dealing with.

id change your pass right away hs, your in deep trouble if they really hate you.
change ur pass should change ftp.

of course, this means im under suspicion Sad

do you still want me to do that stuff for you?