FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Windows or Linux?

rameshbn1
Hi People,

Honestly, will Linux ever be as good as Windows? I've not worked on recent releases of Linux, and I don't how good it is now...

Yes, I know, Windows crashes a lot, but then, people have grown so used to it. How hard is it going to be for Linux to break into the Windows kingdom? Not so easy, I guess, simply b'coz Redmont guys can throw 30,000 programmers at any new killer feature of Linux and one-up it.

So who's going to win this war?

Question is there a war? Confused
urangkayo
for me Linux is the best for server and will be fight with windows for desktop computer

at now, Linux for desktop have much fun if you compare with windows. you can using GNOME, KDE or another XWINDOW, at Windows, you only have one GUI Sad

at stability, linux is great
tony
i prefer linux. linux is more stable, the kernel is updated more frequently than windows, it's more secure, it's free, and it runs a wealth of open-source software windows has no native support for. if windows ever had anything against linux, it was compatibility and usability. with open-source software providers like sourceforge, compatibility is no longer an issue - anything windows can do, linux can do for free. as far as usability, the latest versions of distros like arch linux, ubuntu, and fedora core have proven that anyone who can install windows can install linux, and GUIs like GNOME and KDE are as easy to use as windows. also, windows can't run beryl!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beryl_%28window_manager%29
Animal
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-21.html

Please search before posting.

-close-