FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Email Problem

Shike
I cannot recieve emails, except through my online forms. (tried a variety of different email address, gmail, hotmail, yahoo, I even subscribed to a discussion board). I know that currently the smtp is down and pop3 is up, but i'm still not recieving anything.
billybob
Shike wrote:
I cannot recieve emails, except through my online forms. (tried a variety of different email address, gmail, hotmail, yahoo, I even subscribed to a discussion board). I know that currently the smtp is down and pop3 is up, but i'm still not recieving anything.

what are you trying to access your email threw outlook, thunderbird? or are you wanting to just filter your emails and send them to an existing web mail account?
Shike
I'm recieving nothing. Nothing comes into the account. (I use the Mac OSX mail client, but I've been checking also with ubumail and squirlmail and nothing).

The only emails I've recieved in the past day have been ones I sent to myself using my submission and comments forms from my website.

As a side note, Hotmail cannot send to any of my email addresses (it gets an underliverable address notice).
SpellcasterDX
An update on the server status posted by Animal:

Animal wrote:
Yeah, the reports are drifting in from other members - there seems to be a problem with SMTP across the whole server. There's good and bad news: The good news is that your account is not broken as such. The bad news is that everyone's email service is down just now and we'll need to wait until Bondings has a minute to fix it.

This could be caused by a spammer on the server (it's happened before) or it may be a problem with the hosting company rather than Frihost itself. We will inform you when we have more news.
Shike
Thanks.