FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is there an Age Limit?

rameshbn1
Hi people,

How old - or how young - do you have to be to fall reliabily in love? I mean, to fall in love and really know that it is love and not a crush or a convenience arrangement?
Chamaleon
I think when you're young love isn't same as when you are older..
But anyway, i think you have to be mature to really know what is love. I'm 14 years old and i think i'm really in love, im with a girl since i was 10 and i really love her, it's not a convenience arrangement.
xkobram
Chamaleon wrote:
But anyway, i think you have to be mature to really know what is love. I'm 14 years old and i think i'm really in love, im with a girl since i was 10 and i really love her, it's not a convenience arrangement.

Woooow, I have never heard about relationship like that...

Why are the people around me so lucky? Question Sad Confused
HoboPelican
Well, speaking from the wrong side old age, I wonder if you EVER really know until you've been together a loooooong time. We get more mauture and have more experiences to weigh things against, but we can be be as wrong about love as any 14 year old. Maybe more wary, but you still never know for sure.
windrei
rameshbn1 wrote:
Hi people,

How old - or how young - do you have to be to fall reliabily in love? I mean, to fall in love and really know that it is love and not a crush or a convenience arrangement?

i just wonder why do you wanna know what is so-called "really" love... if you dont know what is love, does it mean that you cannot fall in love ??? and, after you know it, does it mean that you will love him/her forever without breaking apart ??

when you love a person, you are already irrational. It's a sensational feeling. No matter you know what is it or not, you are already in love. That's the point. There is no need to know what it is.
Jakob [JaWGames]
It feels like you gets deeper and deeper in love with various people the older you becomes, guess that it stops in some age..

It is impossible to say which age you reliable is in love with someone, I believe that this is different for different people. To be in "real" love with someone and being under 15 years old is probably not very common though.
iNs@nE
True love can happen only when you are young. As you grow older you tend to find more and more faults in your partner not because you hate him/her or something..just because you have seen so much life and its exactly what the experiences taught you...

Woah! That post sounds like its from some oldie...guys...am 18...i hate love...and when i was typing that..my evil side took over..!!
ALostSoul
HoboPelican wrote:
Well, speaking from the wrong side old age, I wonder if you EVER really know until you've been together a loooooong time. We get more mauture and have more experiences to weigh things against, but we can be be as wrong about love as any 14 year old. Maybe more wary, but you still never know for sure.

I don't know about that though...Most of the time you can just feel it, but you can't describe it. You know it's there though.
bassman
I think that as you get older and experience more and more relationships, it is easier to tell what is not love. By that I mean that since you've had more and more relationships that didn't work out for whatever reason and learned how you felt about the people in these relationships, the more you can tell if your current feelings are love. That being said however, how you feel about each person will always be subtly different as each person is different.

To me, though, the bottom line is this: Love is a choice and not an emotion. I must choose to love my fiancee every day, whether or not I feel in love with her at that moment. The real question is: do you admire the person enough to make the choice to love them, unconditionally? I suppose that is where time with a person comes into play.[/b]
Incarnum Tech
Hear, Hear Bassman. Love is a choice.

I wanted to be in love so much and I found the girl I wanted. She said hello and I went after her for, 4 years latter we are married and working on a family.

Point is she needed to to trust again, her father was abusive. So I gave her the time and space. She had a choice and I felt she was worth the wait. She is!

She had a choice, and I had a choice.

As a side note, the longer you stick with the choice to love can make it harder to leave that person. It might seemed forced but it is not.
blue77
Maybe the people should be after their 20s.
for me after this age people are going to get more responsible and reliable and they know what are doing and what they want.
urbanbuddha
I think it all depends on the person and who they are with. Love still takes two people and the emotional maturaity and committment of these two people matter greatly. n_n
corblo
Well im in love (engaged accually) im 18 and i was 17 when i knew...
She is wonderfull and I love her heaps....

There was difficult times but its makes you grow as a person and as a couple....

Love is grand! Smile
Kyraxe
Well it can sometimes be hard to tell what love really is, I think alot of people don't know it. It really has nothing to do with age.

For me personally I knew I was in love with my wife about a year or so into our relationship. The hot hot first together part of a relationship which can seem like love but often is not was over, and I still wanted to spend as much time with her as I could. Just being in her company made me happy, thats the only way I can explain it.
justinelovesyou
I think you can fall in love at any age. But it's not going to be the same "kind" of love at 10, 20 or 30. I had my first boyfriend at 7, we lasted two years together (yeah, crazy I know!!) and I truly loved him at the time, but from a 7 year-old perspective which is not the same perspective I have now at 20. I don't think you can be "too young" to be in love...
ichsky
Age is nothing but a number, so it doesnt really matter.
bluefossil
I'd say the age limit is.... 24 years, 3 months, 12 days, 18 hours, 45 minutes, and 2 seconds. That is the EXACT age you learn how to officially love.
tiel_99
14 would be right.

Romeo and Juliet were about 14 years old.

And I know a couple who met at 14 and only married 12 years later.

You can fall in love at any age. That's not the problem. The problem is when do you consumate it.

THe first time I truely fell in love I was 16, and that relationship lasted 3 years. Before then it was all just crushes and just someone to hang out with, friendship kind of things.
unknown_talent
Chamaleon wrote:

i think any age because i'm 13 and i was inlove with this guy since i was 10 and we have been together for a long time so i don't know but it can be any age.
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
phil-k
We can fall in love at any age, but concerning real love, a minimum of maturity is necessary. Teenagers loves is a kind of desire or liking, not really love.
Love takes in account many parameters and maturity is important for those parameters (like feeling, behaviour) to be more precise.
Although some men and women are more precocious, I will say that we can really be in love from around 22 yo for a man and around 20 yo for a women.
Personally, I began falling in real love around 22 yo and I found the real love at 27.
mike_phi
I think that no matter what age you are if you think you are in love its love, I guess Love as we try to understand it today comes in many forms and strengths, and people of different age groups look at other age groups and say mmm they are so young they think they are in love.

But its based on the reference point on who is experiencing that love.

So I guess its all love just with different attributes attached to it

cheers
Captain Fertile
HoboPelican wrote:

Once again HoboPelican has beaten me to the punch.

I am almost 40 and I still look back at some of my relationships and wonder whether they were indeed the love I imagined them to be at the time.

There is certainly no upper limit to experiencing true love.

As for a lower limit. I think once puberty has been reached and once a person is mature enough to take care of themselves then this is the most likely time the feelings of love can start to be trusted more and pursued.

Everyone is in a hurry to experience love but it is not something that can be forced so there is no point.

There are also those people who are in love with love. The serial romatics who believe that every passing fancy is the big love of their life until the next one appears (these people can be any age - 14 to 114). These are not feelings of true love.

I am not comfrtable with the notion that anyone below puberty can have a true handle of the fefinition of love in relation to male and female (sexual love) rather than parent and child type love (parental love). So to me puberty seems a logical place ot set the lower threshold.
Manntis
Unfortunately, some people wait their entire lives and never find anyone. But I believe that there is no age limit. If things are right and you just know that those feelings are there and they feel the same, you may have found true love =]
Vlien
bassman wrote:
I think that as you get older and experience more and more relationships, it is easier to tell what is not love. By that I mean that since you've had more and more relationships that didn't work out for whatever reason and learned how you felt about the people in these relationships, the more you can tell if your current feelings are love.

Well, bad luck for people who've only had one experience then? Smile I'm in my first relationship ever, still green behind the ears and of course hoping that it will last forever! LOL
RubySlasher
I heard anywhere after age 25 is pretty reliable. That's what old people tell me, anyhow. <3
Captain Fertile
Vlien wrote:
Well, bad luck for people who've only had one experience then? Smile I'm in my first relationship ever, still green behind the ears and of course hoping that it will last forever! LOL

Please forgive me but this comment made me laugh. I have heard of being green or wet behind the ears but this is the first time I have known someone admit to being 'green behind the ears."

I know we all make slip-ups (me more than others) I just had to say your choice of words made me smile - thank you.
Ray Gravin
Love is definitely for the young. I just keep getting more and more bitter as I grow older. At least when you're young and inexperienced with love its easier to allow yourself to fall in head first. These days I just dip my feet in fear of drowning. I also think that romantic love changes for the worse with the introduction of sexuality. It seemed so much more genuine when I didn't have that added motivation.
xanarulz
I feel that the meaning of love is never to old for anyone, but on the same note, I feel an appropriate age would be 16+ (depends how mature the lovers maybe), by this time they should know the values of what a real relationship is meant to be! If not, they are clearly not ready to engauge in a real long-term relationship.
brokenbells
you can really fall in love when you are working and have started supporting yourself and ready to support your own family.

Love during college and school are very unrealistic when you later look in life.

Some do get married with their first loves, but they are exceptions.
Captain Fertile
Ray Gravin wrote:
Love is definitely for the young. I just keep getting more and more bitter as I grow older. At least when you're young and inexperienced with love its easier to allow yourself to fall in head first.

That's an interesting point. I personally found that many things in my life change but love is a contant. What I mean is that you can never be sure just when it is going to hit no matter how younf or old you are.
ninjakannon
Before I was a teenager, when in primary school I used to fancy someone - I thought that was love at the time but. I later fancied someone in secondary school and thought this was love.
Then, I began to fancy someone a few years after the previous girl. This was in year 10 in school, we went away for the summer holidays and I didn't see her for over 6 weeks. On the first day back at school my feelings towards her changed suddenly, I had a massive crush (this was just before my 16th birthday). This was far greater than I had ever experienced before; I was constantly thinking about her, thought she was absolutely beautiful, loved her personality and even had random mood swings because of it. I would say that was real love, however it would have developed further if she had also loved me and we had gone out. I would say that without there being 2 way love you can't fully love someone. I don't even fancy this person anymore, though.

I'm sure you can't love when you're really young and I would suppose that puberty had something to do with making you able to properly love. But as people mature, I would say their ability to love [properly] grows. It would also probably grow if someone loved a lot of people and went out with these people, as we learn from experience and this would provide the experience to love more fully.
mialynavahy
iNs@nE wrote:
True love can happen only when you are young. As you grow older you tend to find more and more faults in your partner not because you hate him/her or something..!!

i agree with you, i m 22 and i think that love is not easy to define, for teens, a crush means love, it's cute to think in that way but when u are older and with experience, it's not the same, it takes weeks, months and maybe years to say IloveU to your partner
ninjakannon
mialynavahy wrote:
i agree with you, i m 22 and i think that love is not easy to define, for teens, a crush means love, it's cute to think in that way but when u are older and with experience, it's not the same, it takes weeks, months and maybe years to say IloveU to your partner

I'll agree that the more mature a person is the more they'll be able to love, which is why teenagers generally only have crushes on each other and don't witness 'true love' - yet some will, I'm sure.

What I think is terrible is the way people don't spend enough time with each other these days before deciding that they either want to live together or, even worse, get married. Henceforth, there are more divorces, split couples and unhappy kids with single parents than ever before. And this creates so many more problems, often with money issues or of custody over the child.
iNs@nE
well, love can happen at any age...

but you need to understand that love that happens when you are young is totally different from the love that happens once you grow up...

this is how it changes..when you are young..it might just be an infatuation and nothing more..but as you grow up ...you start to understand things and just feel that some stuff are not right about that person which you will not be able to see or realize as a youngster..

they say the best age to fall in love is around 22 coz thats when you totally become mature and your mind is in its fresh stages without any hindrances..

my personal opinion is that - love does not exist...

well people might flame at me for saying that ...but what can i say..if love does exist..i dont think it's ever gonna happen to me..coz i just cant wait to cheat on my current girl friend and move onto hte next...!!
ninjakannon
iNs@nE wrote:

well people might flame at me for saying that ...but what can i say..if love does exist..i dont think it's ever gonna happen to me..coz i just cant wait to cheat on my current girl friend and move onto hte next...!!

People will flame you more for saying what you just said about your girlfriend than for saying that love doesn't exist.

Seriously, if you can't wait to cheat on your girlfriend then just stop going out with her... problem solved! You say that love doesn't exist simply because you haven't loved? Or because you don't love your current girlfriend? Remember that just because you haven't experienced something doesn't mean it isn't there / can't happen. You haven't seen the lamp next to me right now but trust me right now, but trust me: it is there.
iNs@nE
ninjakannon wrote:
iNs@nE wrote:

People will flame you more for saying what you just said about your girlfriend than for saying that love doesn't exist.

Seriously, if you can't wait to cheat on your girlfriend then just stop going out with her... problem solved! You say that love doesn't exist simply because you haven't loved? Or because you don't love your current girlfriend? Remember that just because you haven't experienced something doesn't mean it isn't there / can't happen. You haven't seen the lamp next to me right now but trust me right now, but trust me: it is there.

Wow..That is amazing..

Its not the I dont love my current girl friend..i never loved any of my girl friends..they were all just crushes..and material needs..but trust me..this love if it does exist..has to be something more than that..

i believe that if love does happen to someone, that person would think of nothing else but the person he loves..and I dont think that can ever happen to me...

I am the sort who believes that "If your girl friend doesnt love your anymore..then the only thing that kept you bound to her is gone.. "" FREEDOM...

I dont see any point in crying over love...and yaeh..if this ever happens to me..i will surely post it up here...!!
tingkagol
Ray Gravin wrote:
Love is definitely for the young. I just keep getting more and more bitter as I grow older. At least when you're young and inexperienced with love its easier to allow yourself to fall in head first.

so true. love it how naive we used to be. but experience transforms you into a rock.
ninjakannon
iNs@nE wrote:
Its not the I dont love my current girl friend..i never loved any of my girl friends..they were all just crushes..and material needs..but trust me..this love if it does exist..has to be something more than that..

Oh, I see now. So I take back what I said about ending your relationship with your current girlfriend - you have a crush on her and that's the main thing.

iNs@nE wrote:
i believe that if love does happen to someone, that person would think of nothing else but the person he loves..and I dont think that can ever happen to me...

I've never loved anyone, but I've did have a major crush once. I still believe that it's possible to love and that one day I will - but I've never even had a girlfriend (*face falls*). I believe it because I've seen people who love each other and you can tell, I think, when they truly do. Have you not seen this?

iNs@nE wrote:
I am the sort who believes that "If your girl friend doesnt love your anymore..then the only thing that kept you bound to her is gone.. "" FREEDOM...

Well if your girlfriend stops loving you, or even stops having a crush on you then I'd say the relationship is pretty much over. So I agree with you on this, after all: love is a 2 way thing and a relationship can't hold up if it's only one way. The bond two people have with each other will break.

iNs@nE wrote:
I dont see any point in crying over love...and yaeh..if this ever happens to me..i will surely post it up here...!!

Some people cry over love when someone they break up a relationship with a person they truly loved; this is only expected as an event like that really pulls hard on your feelings. I think it's more girls who cry, though, as they're often the most emotional in relationships - but not always.

Please do post here about it if you ever find you've fallen in love. Smile
rfarrand
I agree with the above...you can fall in love but i don't think you should be ready to get married until you can support you and your family. There is a lot to go into this question, so i will try to keep this decently short... you will know when you are ready to be in love and to get married.
Mare
You can be 40+ years old and not knowing what true love is. This depends on single person, experiences you had and caring about other people. It depends on how old is he/she mentaly, how he/she looks at love...

I think you trully know what love is, when nothing can break you when your with the person you love and you would do anything to bring her/him back when she/he is gone... Wink
bluefossil
The age limit is 18 years 452 days 40 mins 23 secs divided by today's date and add the number letters in your first name
jay84h
If you are mature enough to know what love is, than there is no actual age you need to be in order to be in love. I am in love with my girlfriend, sure we fight at times, even over absolutely stupid things, but it doesn't make me stop loving her. If your relationship can take bumps and you still love each other, than that is what true love is. If you end it over someone stupid like an arguement, than it probably was not true love. If you can work out everything in the end and enjoy each others company, TRUE love is just that. Your being true to yourself and your partner.
spazbutt32
We learn from experience. You can't define true love until you've experienced baseless lust, and other failed relationships.

Without failing you can never succeed.
secondeye
theres No age Limit to fall In Love, well its just a amazing game Of 2 hearts, Well I fell In love when I waz In 11th standard, I met a girl On net whose age is aprox 16 and she waz in 10th standard, We daily use to of doing Chatting with each other, fone Calls mails, Miss Call, Just evry time every second We Miss Each other,

Well the Days i spent with my girl friend are just wow And Amazing, I still cant found Any other Girl In replace of her Still missing HEr.... I love u Crying or Very sad
Afaceinthematrix
I'd say it varies on the maturity of the individuals. But I'd say that for most people the maturity comes at around 25-30, which is why younger couples are much more likey to get divorced than couples that wait to get married. But then again, I am the wrong person to ask because I don't know anything about love. Love is for suckers.
frozenhead
Love really is a broad word for me. We think "love" in different ways as we get older. I guess it's when you learn how to care someone as same as yourself.. maybe.. It doesn't depend on age..
Wakefield
Loving and being in love are different things. The former is more important to making a relationship work. The latter is more fun, more of a rush, more of a seratonin kick. I aspire to both but recognize that it's the selfless part that'll make "being in love" possible through "loving."
nivinjoy
I think there is no age limit for love.It actually depends on the minds of the people those who are into the specific relation.There is no difference in the way you love when you are young or when you are old.If the partner you are loving is in good terms with you and likes to have your presence it is wonderful and lucky to carry on a love relationship even at an older age.
darrenpaul
Personally, I would say anything above 15 would be appropriate
iyepes
If you are an adult, I think that legal adult age is your bottom limit. The others are social limits, which have been set specially for women with younger men. My personal opinion is that more than a decade could be a trouble, talking about mutual interest and expectatives in life. However, every couple decides it in its own.
gerpg
any age you can fall in love. I believe that love is the want to commit to a person and be willing to be with them for the rest of your life, If you can truley see yourself growing old with this person, Its love! If you can't its lust!

If your'e constantly thinking about how you look, weather your'e saying the right things, thinking about things that could happen with this person, major things then its love. If you can't keep your dick in your pants and just enjoy the company of your partner then its lust!

I love the person i am with, she means everything to me and i'd follow her to the ends of the earth just to see her smile, sex isn't always on my mind. I see myself with her as an old couple on zimmerframes walking down the main street and it makes me smile.

Thats Love.

Louis.
supjapscrapper
quite seriously, I know many ask themselves this question, and many don't wanna hear it in their heads.
Some people are just made to love others, and are able to really love someone, some others just love themselves, they just get and get and get from the others and rarely give soöething back. Some are unhappy in love some are self-confident sex-practitioners, and some are happy lovers. either one can be 16 or 55.... you really beter be always ready to et surprised in things love during your life.
daferx
i guess not.. because when your older it doesnt matter if how old u are or how old the girl is, as long as you love each other