FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows!!!

DeathlyHallows
So, the title has been released...

...Share your theories about what the title means in this thread. I think it has something to do with the veil. Well, we might get a big suprise like HBP!! Share your ideas.
ltwomba
If you're bored, you can check that out at J.K. Rowlings website.
You have to go through a few steps. If you can't get it, there's a video showing the solution.
elincinerador
i didn't checked the video to reach the title of the book... but i entered a site where it said how to reach it, and i failed!!! it was wrong!!!
DeathlyHallows
I looked at Mugglenet... Very Happy
DeathlyHallows
Quote:
The Dutch publisher of the Harry Potter books, has listed Harry Potter en het Fatale Heiligdom as the working title for Book 7. This is not the literal translation of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and translates as "Deadly Shrine," "Deadly Sanctuary" or "Deadly Saints." The literal Dutch translation of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows would be Harry Potter en de Dodelijke Heiligen.

In addition, it has been reported that the Finnish title will be Harry Potter ja kuoleman pyhimykset, which translates as "The Saints of Death."

Some readers have sent in some other translations of the title that are being reported by news stations/websites:

"Harry Potter und die todbringenden Heiligen" (German)
"Harry Potter et les saints mortuaires/mortels" (French, "Deathly/Mortal Saints")
"Harry Potter y los santos de la muerte" (Spanish, "Saints of Death")
"Harry Potter e l rito moratle" (Italian, "Deadly Ritual")
"Harry Potter e os Santos Mortuários" (Portuguese, "Deathly Saints")
"Harry Potter ve Olumcul Takdis" (Turkish, "Deadly Blessing")
"Hari Poter i Smrtonosni Blagoslovi" (Serbian)
"Harry Potter si Ingerii Mortii" (Romanian, "Angels of Death")
"Harry Potter i sveci smrtnici" (Croatian, "Mortal Saints")
"Harry Potter ve Hakdoshim Hamemitim" (Hebrew, "Deathly Saints")

Please be reminded that these are only tentative titles; the definitive titles will appear at a later stage.

Thanks to everyone who emailed!

Credited to MuggleNet.com...So could this mean that there will be saints or something of that kind that will come back to life? I think she might be reffering to the Marauders, as THEY must consider THEMSELVES as saints Wink Share your ideas?
web_harman
i have come to know that this might be the last of the series..

potter might die in this...

well ihope it continuess.

rather than the book i like its movies
evanc88
Ever since I started reading the books I thought of myself as the same age as Harry (as in most cases it was, if not very close to, true). But now I'm older and it's gonna be weird. She writes Harry as a very mature character, however, so I think this book is going to be amazing.

It's really interesting that most translations bring up saints. Can't wait to find out the significance of that.
violetgnu
Sure does beat Attack of the Clones <-- which I think is the all time best semi-sequel title. It makes you wonder: what is/are the Deathly Hollows? What relevance does it have to the plot? And if they are so Deathly, will Harry survive this book?

Dun dun dun...
Babsta
Oh no it's gonna be the last book in the series!! Crying or Very sad

sniff
suntzu3500
violetgnu wrote:
Sure does beat Attack of the Clones <-- which I think is the all time best semi-sequel title. It makes you wonder: what is/are the Deathly Hollows? What relevance does it have to the plot? And if they are so Deathly, will Harry survive this book?

Dun dun dun...

Combine all the foreign names and analyze those as well.
Raydon
He might die, and if he does he will prolly kill himself while trying to kill Lord Valdermont.
..but Dumbledor could revive him somehow... this will be a mistery untill the book is out...
X3 Talk
It will be good to finally find a wrap up to the series; all the mysteries will be unlocked. Professor Albus D. will still live on through his portrait in the headmaster's/mistresses office like the others can talk.

What side is Snape on? He may still be on the Order of the Phoenix's side but I doubt it.
indeedwrestling
I was really pulling for "Harry Potter and the empty Closet". I cannot describe my disappointment she chose not to use this title.