FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Gundam SEED - Special Edition

QrafTee
I was just loitering around on the Wikipedia page and I was browsing through random things and I finally typed in Gundam SEED to rekindle a little bit of the past. After that I watched Gundam SEED Special Edition since the whole series would've taken too long to watch and I have to say, "Wow." I forgot what I was so into the anime so long ago and I'm still amazed by it. The nature of humanity, the effects of war, and such it's still very true to reality. Yes we haven't begun any genetic manipulation to that degree yet, but I can see how such things can spark wars and how wars can make people think twice about the nature of humanity. Anyone who haven't seen it, I recommend that you watch it. If you watch the Special Edition all 50+ episodes of the original series have been condensed into 3 OVA-long episodes.
exarkun
Special edition? Oh man, gotta check it out. I though you were refering to the latest edition of gundam, which is stargrazer, and the story took place around the time of gundam seed destiny.
QrafTee
exarkun wrote:
Special edition? Oh man, gotta check it out. I though you were refering to the latest edition of gundam, which is stargrazer, and the story took place around the time of gundam seed destiny.

Well there are two special editions and two side stories... maybe 3.

There is Gundam SEED Special Edition which retells the story in Gundam SEED, but with faster pace and extra scenes. This SE doesn't cover the bonus episode of Gundam SEED where the gang is on the beach looking to the stars.

There is Gundam SEED Destiny Special Edition which retells the story from Athrun's point of view (instead of Shinn's) which finishes on January 7, 2007. This one will cover Gundam SEED Destiny Final Plus where Kira and Shinn meet each other face to face for the first time to make amends.

There is Gundam SEED Blue Astray and Red Astray. Both are kinda eh-eh in quality.

Then there is Gundam SEED Destiny Stargazer which is pretty cool, although pretty simple as well.

I hope this helps. I'm still waiting for January 7 so I can get the rest of Gundam SEED Destiny Special Edition.