FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Connection refused Server replied: 111 - Pls. resolve...TY

nigam
When I tried to send email using SquirrelMail. I cannot send and give me this error Connection refused Server replied: 111. Admin could you please resolve this issue?

Thank you in advance.
nigam
ERROR (2): fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to localhost:25 (/var/www/html/webmail/inc/class.smtp.php:105)
Animal
This was probably caused by temporary downtime of the SMTP server (the SMTP server is the outgoing email server) - you can check the status either here, or by looking at the service status monitor in my sig. Try sending another email when SMTP is "up" and let us know if the problem persists.
nigam
Yeah I already check that b4 and thank you for your support.but when is it going to be back again (UP). thank you.
Animal
nigam wrote:
Yeah I already check that b4 and thank you for your support.but when is it going to be back again (UP). thank you.

Well, according to the status indicators, it's "up" at the time I wrote this message. Can you send email now? Or is there still a problem?
nigam
problem still exist. huhuhu
nigam
Frihost Server 1 FriHost Server 2
Apache (HTTP): Running Running
FTP: Running Running
SMTP: Running Down - 111 - Connection refused
POP3: Running Running
cPanel Running N/A
cPanel Secure Running N/A
Webmail Running N/A
DirectAdmin N/A Running
DNS Server Running Running
Statistics Uptime: 38 days, 10 hours, 38 minutes, 38 seconds
Apache Uptime: 23 hours, 33 minutes, 25 seconds
MySQL Uptime: 22 days, 13 hours, 38 minutes, 7 seconds

website downtime tracking Uptime: 1 day, 13 hours, 26 minutes, 23 seconds
Apache Uptime: Coming soon! 22 seconds
MySQL Uptime: 1 day, 12 hours, 43 minutes, 41 seconds
Animal
Ok, I'll have to get Bondings to have a look at this. I'm not sure if this is an isolated account issue, or if it's server-wide. I rather suspect that there would be more activity on the forum if it was an issue with the whole server since this would affect all the users. Please bear with us - we'll be in touch as soon as we can.
nigam
According to the Server Status Check both Server 1 & Server 2 SMTP are down.

Frihost Server 1 FriHost Server 2
Apache (HTTP): Running Running
FTP: Running Running
SMTP: Down - 110 - Connection timed out Down - 110 - Connection timed out
POP3: Running Running
cPanel Running N/A
cPanel Secure Running N/A
Webmail Running N/A
DirectAdmin N/A Running
DNS Server Running Running
Animal
Yeah, the reports are drifting in from other members - there seems to be a problem with SMTP across the whole server. There's good and bad news: The good news is that your account is not broken as such. The bad news is that everyone's email service is down just now and we'll need to wait until Bondings has a minute to fix it.

This could be caused by a spammer on the server (it's happened before) or it may be a problem with the hosting company rather than Frihost itself. We will inform you when we have more news.
nigam
Hi, I just tested my email using outlook and when I try to click send/recieve it work now. I can send and receive email. I notice that It works after the Apache server has been down a while ago. when the time it back up again. thats the time the email works. hopefully this will totally resolves the issue. coz I as check on the Server Status Check the SMTP on both servers are still down. Thank you.
nigam
Why is it that the Server 2 are always down? unlike Server 1 it has been up for 40 days.