FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do you think you are abnormal in anyway?

ryukenden
People are different from one another. But some people got so called "Personality Disorders". Do you think you are abnormal in anyway? For example, unable to maintain enduring relationships, very low tolerance to frustration, marked tendency to blame others etc...

Are you abnormal?
docdude75
everyone is abrnormal in some way or another
Hunterseaker
yeah I think everyone, has some strange or less good properties.
And it think you can call that properties abnormal....
Tho abnormal in the way of, completely different of what is considered normal behaviour: in that way I dont think I'm abnormal.
cats4fun
I have a problom with wrighting, I have a lerning disorder. so, yeah...
Alias
Quote:
People are different from one another. But some people got so called "Personality Disorders". Do you think you are abnormal in anyway? For example, unable to maintain enduring relationships, very low tolerance to frustration, marked tendency to blame others etc...

Are you abnormal?

Maybe I am abnormal in some other ways that I didn't notice to myself...

How about you aren't you abnormal?
driftingfe3s
I think one of my ribs is slightly diffrent in shape/size on my right side. Crying or Very sad Nothing really noticeable, but it annoys me when I notice it.
Aless
Everyone's slightly "abnormal", only because normal doesn't exist. Some people are a bit more abnormal than others, it seems.
billybob
Please define "normal", what is a normal person? Is this a perfect person? or is it? As most people are not perfect if anyone, so it would be abnormal to be perfect.
So I ask again what is normal?

That's my view

Ryan
leat397
I do think so...I am somehow mentally abnormal.. Sad
I am a male but have a very very emotional character... Sad
My emotions are always in a state of unstable, fluctuate all the time.
but all in all I am a nice guy....while deep in my heart, full of guilty thinking..I think I am gonna crazy someday.... Crying or Very sad
HoboPelican
I know I am completely normal....at least that is what my invisible troop of talking gorillas keep telling me.
Wink

Obviously we all are abnormal to some degree, but I don't think I have any disorders that make living difficult.
djcaution
Cool You got that right I'm not normal! Oh yea. Nowhere near it! I'm frickin weird lol, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Why? Easy- if I were normal I'd be boring. Think about it, if the whole world was made up of perfectly "normal" people, it would be extremely boring. I very much enjoy being unique and doing my own thing.
Yazz
I love being weird, funky and outrageous! I'm a living paradox of characteristics. I can be completely and paralyzingly shy one second, and in the next I'll be walking up to random people spreading compliments and the occasional flirtation. I can also be depressed enough to make emo kids jealous, but then optimistic enough to make them vomit. I'm just crazy like that.

Of course I do have some abnormal personality disorders. I have Depression... It usually isn't chronic, but it did linger for a year once. I refuse to take medication or professional help. The medication because I'm a bit of a naturalist and I hate putting toxins in my body, and I just plain hate being helped when I still have a fight in me! I also have OCD, which means I do some obsessive things uncontrollably. I once rearranged all the furniture in a clubspace for no reason. Still don't know if they're mad at me for it or not. I have a very light case of ADD, but it's almost outbalanced by my OCD. I have had the exact same fashion since I was 14 years old (I'm 18 now). I wear a cotton shirt, usually a single solid base colour with a logo, and a dressy shirt, unbuttoned, over it, with the sleeves rolled up one roll from my elbows. I've worn this style every day since I decided upon it, excluding certain occassions. I also have a seemingly abnormal right rib, like what driftingfe3s mentioned. It may be the rib itself or the muscle there is permanently over-developped. I maintain a six-pack (though not chiselled) without any effort and I can lift 1.5 times my own body weight (I weigh 130 lbs). I have no talent whatsoever for music or foreign languages, but I'm fluent in HTML and CSS (which I guess isn't as weird as I'd like to think).

Am I abnormal? I could let you decide for yourself.... But seriously.

I'm totally weird.
raaeft1
I am abnormal in the sense that I am more of an introvert and this does not go well with my profession of being a journalist.
Sometimes, I am also downright rude to people though generally sapeaking I have a generous nature.
hack_man_
I have a condition that is more of a mental problem than a personality problem... I am hyperlexic, the opposite of dyslexic.

Hyperlexia means that the person affected:
+ Learns to read at an unusually young age.
+ Learns very quickly.
+ Sees writing and uncontrollably reads it.
+ Does not have a very long short-term memory. I can't even remember what I had for breakfast! The only reason I can remember is because I have the same thing every morning! :p

Unfortunately, these also make me very analytical and really geeky.
bartdou
I'm abnormal because I always do not think I'm normal although I'm in fact normal in others' eyes.
What's wrong with me? I'm in trouble.
saratdear
Ok, what does normal mean? From my point of view, normal means just an ordinary, OK kind of person. So, what does abnormal mean? Out of the ordinary. Everyone is abnormal in one or the other way. LOL, people might tell you there is something wrong with you, but they don't maybe say you are abnormal. They just consider it as a problem with us, not an abnormality. We all think abnormal as maybe people who run around shrieking or screaming or..or whatever. Very Happy But maybe people who are like that are better than people who don't apparently have any problem. Okay, it is just my opinion.
Considering all this, I don't think I have a serious abnormality. My parents always tell me that I am shouting, I just can't seem to keep my voice down. Is that an abnormality. My mother tells me that I am selfish, is that an abnormality?
Alienz
I'm not completely normal. anyway no one is perfect
sibbahz
I dont think i have any disorders as such, but at the same time, I might not be "normal"!
Not that anyone is...
Dean_The_Great
As many people have said, no one is normal.

Myself, I have an overly outrageous personality sometimes, but nothing I would classify as a personality disorder in any way. I have fallen arches in my feet (flat feet), and that bothers me sometimes, but not a really big deal.

I think that through embracing our differences, we grow as people. Although often those disorders you mentioned are devellopped by either a lack of socialization or possibly certain events key to your upbringing. I know several people who lived alone in their parents basement for many years playing video games, and they are not the most social people in the world... However, there are some that are excellent at it, so even that cannot be truly considered a given fact. The mind is an extremely curious thing, and the line between "normal" and "disorder" is thin indeed.
arkebuzer
Id have to agree with what most people have said so far in this thread, everyone is a little abnormal.

To me abnormal is someone who is just TOO far away from what people consider normal.
For example its normal to not play poker, its also normal to play poker, but at some point when you play "too much" it will be considered abnormal and too much.
What is abnormal is up to each and everyone of us to decide.

Regards
//Arkebuzer
Vrythramax
Hmmm...let's see, I work with computers 8-14 hours a day at my job, come home and spend another 5 or 6 on my own network, and read mostly tech manuals or trade publications....nah, I'm very well balanced.

Besides, "abnormal" is such a subjective term...who are the "normal" people for us to compare ourselves too??
vahsi000
As we can all see from everyone else, that pretty much every human has some sort of abnormality, either physically or mentally, it could be obvious or hard to for oneself to even realise.

Me, myself (and I) realised that I have some abnormal and unconcious characteristic (or whatever you'd like to call it) where I sabotage myself from doing something if I truly don't want to do it.
gagelynch
Yeah, I'm abnormal, but no more than everyone else. This world is full of freaks, and I put everyone on about the same level of normality. It's all a perspective thing anyway.
hofodomo01
If you think about it, what ground-breaking discoveries have "normal" people made? They all come from some type of eccentricity or another.

If you're normal, that's great in the fact that you want to fit in, but the strange people often think beyond what most see...
Linda_B
I've moved more than 10 times this last year and I'm about to go for another one in a little more than week... I'd call my disorder restlessness....
Vrythramax
Linda_B wrote:
I've moved more than 10 times this last year and I'm about to go for another one in a little more than week... I'd call my disorder restlessness....

That's disturbing. I can't imagine moving around that much, maybe I am a creature of comfort, meaning I grew comfortable with my surroundings and am not willing to give them up. It must have been difficult to move so much, aside from the more obvious aspects of physically moving everything you own to a new location, it must have been mentally taxing as well. Sad

I hope you can find a place to settle down...it does have it's advantages. Smile
Billwaa
yeah, I think I fall in love with a character in a novel. I know its not right and probably going to hurt me later in life (or now), since I will never be really able to talk to that person or see that person. I am trying to get rid of that habbit..
spazbutt32
Did you know that in America, there are more people diagnosed with some sort of disease or disorder than there are people who are normal? That makes 'normal' people a MINORITY! :/

---

I have Asperger's syndrome, and as a result I'm fairly inept socially. There are quite a few other symptoms, effects and related trinkets that come with it, but that's the main affliction. I do find it immensely easier to hold a conversation online though, probably because of the lack of intonation, vocal emotion, and all that other fun stuff I have so much trouble with figuring out.. just text here ^_^
CyanEyed
im medically proven physically abnormal, but what makes a person normal isnt whether they have something wrong with them. what makes a person normal is their humanity, and thats something everyone here has. thus, everyone is normal Very Happy
Soulfire
Well, define normal - then tell me, because everyone is different, which would mean everyone is abnormal.
Fake
Luckily I am normal, I think so. I am happy, wicked, but normal still Smile
Madic
Other than being an almost excessive introvert, I would say I'm pretty normal.
Davidgr1200
I suppose normal can be defined as the ways in which we are like everybody else, so if you have the following traits then you fall in the category of normal:
Sleep 6-8 hours a day
Eat 2 or 3 meals a day
Drink alcohol
Drive a car or regularly ride in one
Have a girlfriend/boyfriend or wife/husband
Live in a house or flat
Go to school (or went to school)
Believe that democracy is the best form of government
Watch TV

these of course apply to the western world. If none of these apply to you then you will undoubtedly be regarded as abnormal!
Fake
Davidgr1200 wrote:
I suppose normal can be defined as the ways in which we are like everybody else, so if you have the following traits then you fall in the category of normal:
Sleep 6-8 hours a day
Eat 2 or 3 meals a day
Drink alcohol
Drive a car or regularly ride in one
Have a girlfriend/boyfriend or wife/husband
Live in a house or flat
Go to school (or went to school)
Believe that democracy is the best form of government
Watch TV

these of course apply to the western world. If none of these apply to you then you will undoubtedly be regarded as abnormal!

Here my frnd points out that being nomral is all about conformity. This is to do a lot with society. i think the easy way to post in this topic is to think physically and mentally if you are normal or not Wink
zjosie729
Oh yeah, I'm definitely abnormal. I get WAY to hyper at times and sooooo quite at other times, and it doesn't even depend on my mood.
swphotography
yeah i think every is pretty abnormal is ways.... i think
Vlien
I have recently sort of found out that I'm an HSP: Highly Sensitive Person. Sounds quite stupid to say something like that about yourself. It was a consolation to find out though, knowing that being so overtly sensitive has a cause, and that there are more people like you out there. I've always thought: what the hell is wrong with me? When I was little I used to be the outcast in class - no longer the case, luckily. So yeah, I guess I'm kind of abnormal! Cool
windrei
i just can't control my mood. i can be happy and laugh for long then turn into sad and even tearing in a second..... sometimes my friends cannot stand my moody characters too. They said i am difficult to accompany with, because they dont know when i will change my mood so it's doffocult to cope with. That's why i do not have many friends. But anyway, all my close friends know i am such a person and they have found a way to be with me.
Jayfarer
Of course, everyone is abnormal in several different ways. I'm sure we could all come up with a long list of abnormalities. The thing is, we all have different standards and definitions of whats normal and what isn't. Additionally, what makes people who have personality disorders versus normal people is just what we do with these abnormalities. The more obvious it is, or the more we act on them, then people will begin to classify you into the disorder category. Maybe that's not a fair assessment. But there's a big difference in just having weird habits or quirks that go on inside of your head, versus being socially disfunctional.
peaceninja
I think trying to be normal leads to personality disorders, especially people who have a false sense of what "normal" really is.
Dougie1
Being normal just depends on what the rest of society is like. I would say that in some ways I am abnormal (I sit on a computer for a lot of my time etc.) but in other ways I am just like the majority of people.

I think being completely 'normal' is bad however. Everyone needs thier own wee bit of individuality, and that is what makes the world so great Smile
standready
The only thing wrong with me is - EVERYTHING!
outofnicks
I spend an abnormal amount of time at the 'pooter.
Oh, here, that's normal Laughing
Blu_Spykz
Humans = Unique
Unique = Different
Different = Abnormal

Generally. Our personalities make us US. We all have a different personality, making us all different from one another. Perhaps I am not abnormal but the other 7billion people on earth are. Rolling Eyes
schumway
I dont know how but I seem to find the idiots in life.

people in a coffee shop who do not know the difference between cream and milk... sucky customer service... just generic problems... it is like I have a cloud following me around...

But I do not care... it has happened so often that I accept it is not what happens to you... it is how you respond. Life is about choices.
schumway
I dont know how but I seem to find the idiots in life.

people in a coffee shop who do not know the difference between cream and milk... sucky customer service... just generic problems... it is like I have a cloud following me around...

But I do not care... it has happened so often that I accept it is not what happens to you... it is how you respond. Life is about choices.
Donutey
I think people need to stop thinking that there are "normal" people. Normal is a statistical construct, not a real person.
CaBz
I am not normal. I am not like everyone. I am special.

Yeh, it seems a bit weird to say it to pures strangers that think I'm just trying to be "the one-who-thinks-he-is-better-because-he-is-not-normal", but that's the truth. Of course, I'm not abusing of my special statut, but I can't can't be normal, you understand ? It's part of me and I don't have anything to explain about it.

You should ask some examples and blabla, but I won't answer, I AM ABNORMAL. Dot.

My story would make some of you really afraid of me and I'm searching new friends !!! Very Happy
UnikeViruz
I had to take pills as a child for "short term memory remeberance" lol
I guess I had a problem with remember stuf.f..it's fine now though Very Happy
ReubenWilliams
since I split with my ex, i get so lonely that sometimes when i'm with somebody I like I go crazy when they leave and send them lots of compulsive messages
hopingtragedy
im not abnormal but i am original unique and different Smile
catscratches
I'm chronical depressed and bisexuell.
ALostSoul
I have a third nipple?
eggg
I remember being extremely outgoing when I was a little tiny child, but that changed at some point. I've felt crazy-high levels of anxiety around strangers for years, especially if I take a liking to them right away. Even if it's just someone in some public place, if I meet eyes with someone and they seem to be looking at me, at not just glancing, then it feels like a hekura's gotten into my chest and won't stop dancing. Maybe dancing isn't so bad.
pestaa
normal doesn't exist, as it said before Smile i just agree with it Smile
ludio_
Soulfire wrote:
Well, define normal - then tell me, because everyone is different, which would mean everyone is abnormal.

normal just means that more people are more alike in whichever characteristic you are measuring and the more you move away from being similar, the less "normal" you might be, compared with the larger group. All this means is that there are less people that are similar to you the farther away you get from the average. This doesn't mean that anyone is "abnormal".
java_nel
I think everyone is abnormal in his/her own way, maybe in subconscious mind.. Thats just my opinion about abnormality among normal people..
scimitarmoon
It's really hard for me to define normal (usually I go with "not me" Confused ), and I usually think of myself as non-normal. There are lots of things about me that are different from average... for example I am very flexible and very strong for a girl, enough so that it continually surprises people. So in those respects I do consider myself abnormal... In other ways, I don't think there is such a thing as "normal"... like in terms of personality and whatnot. I tend to be quiet in social situations and stick to myself, but so do a lot of people so it's hard to say that being quiet is abnormal versus being more or less "sociable" is normal.