FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Erm, quite a problem

SpellcasterDX
Apache has been sucking up by bandwith. Look:
DA Summaries/Statistics/Logs wrote:
Date: 2006 12 23 | Apache: 4.99 GB | Email: 0.00 KB | Ftp: 0.00 KB | DirectAdmin: 1.15 MB | Other: 0.00 KB | Total: 4.99 GB

I can take a screenshot also. But anyway, I'm nearly at my bandwith limit, and it's not even my fault! I'm at 7.34 GB because of Apache! Rolling Eyes
briancoit
lol, i take it you know what apache is, and what that is actually telling you?

Basically apache's transferred 4.99gb, and directadmin 1.15mb.

The fact its saying apache's transferred that much, just means your website has had 4.99gb of traffic....
SpellcasterDX
briancoit wrote:
lol, i take it you know what apache is, and what that is actually telling you?

Basically apache's transferred 4.99gb, and directadmin 1.15mb.

The fact its saying apache's transferred that much, just means your website has had 4.99gb of traffic....

Yes I know, but why is it 4.99GB. My website has not had 5GB of traffic. I know so. It's just a small website. My average bandwith usage is 1-3GB monthly. That's what it was at yesterday. Then all of a sudden it shot up to 7.34 GB today!
Bondings
You are right about the strange bandwidth thing. Fact is, there was a huge spike in bandwidth usage yesterday on the server, so those 5 GB are real. I haven't yet found what on your account caused it, unfortunately.
SpellcasterDX
Bondings wrote:
You are right about the strange bandwidth thing. Fact is, there was a huge spike in bandwidth usage yesterday on the server, so those 5 GB are real. I haven't yet found what on your account caused it, unfortunately.

Well I got hit with the registration spam, too, but not as bad as ISB was. The script only manged to create 900 accounts, not 30,000 accounts like poor ISB. (It's because poor Cephalic_Carnage doesn't know so much about DiscoBoards yet) and I deleted the 900 fake accounts already on my forums. I was going to delete the 40,000 fakes on ISB next, (Cephalic_Carnage doesn't know how; and I do.) but his account got suspended, so I didn't get a chance to.

But still, this had already happened before to me, and it was worse. It managed to create 7,000 fakes before I turned off registration. Yet my bandwith was still pretty much in normal range. It did go up quite a bit, but not as much as this time. It only went up to about 3/4GB not 7GB.