FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Save files in Gmail account

pashmina
i heard that we could store our data in the gmail drive. is this true. how could i store such data in the gmail drive. is it just attaching the file in zip format and uploading them or is there another trick..
FirefoxMan
Use gmailDRIVE, a free windows program for shell intregration.

For mac, use gDisk
chennai
Yeah u can use gmaildrive as FirefoxMan told.But it wont work all the time .Googles staff have a constant check on it so try it at your own risk
billybob
chennai wrote:
Yeah u can use gmaildrive as FirefoxMan told.But it wont work all the time .Googles staff have a constant check on it so try it at your own risk

You could just use another email address although I wouldn't put any data that you don't have a backup off as i very much doubt that google would send you your data if they deleted your account for using this.
pashmina
i tried and it worked... really awesome thank you guy..
high 5 to all
redice
Save file to gmail account is just "send a mail to yourself, with the file you want to save as the attachment". Because gmail have large mail space,it could store lots of file. With extra tools like gmail drive, you will access this mail like a network disk.
SFMeatwad
Can't you just save it on your computer and have no hassles?
pashmina
ya i know, i can store in my computer, but i am a traveling worker. i need my files here and there.
another good thing about google is that it lets you stote you pictures, word files and excel files. when you sign up for gmail, other complementary services are also offered.
Billwaa
if I really need to, I just send a E-mail with the attachment to myself.
kiranaghor
U can try online data storage services like box.net. It allows upto 1 GB of data to be uploaded in ur account for free. Google can't be trusted to store important data using those third party programs like gdisk coz Google has right to suspend user's gmail account.
box.net in that case seems better alternative.
pashmina
Quote:
U can try online data storage services like box.net. It allows upto 1 GB of data to be uploaded in ur account for free. Google can't be trusted to store important data using those third party programs like gdisk coz Google has right to suspend user's gmail account.
box.net in that case seems better alternative.

if the google has the right to suspend the user, then i think i should try some alternative to store files online. any good file hosting places that i could visit?