FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Copy of IE 6

Talk2Tom11
Ok here is my problem... I have an IBM thinkpad with Windows 2000. I bought a wireless linksys card to go onine. When i go to install the card it tells me i need IE 5.5 or greater. I only have IE 5.0 in the machine. Does anyone know where I can get a full download of either 5.5 or 6.0?

Thank you in advance.
seawolfxp
download IE6 from microsoft.com. i think you'd better install winxp instead of win2000.win2000 has been abandoned.
Alias
Why do you use Windows 2000? Is your PC is some kinda database server or a web server? I recommend you use Windows XP for desktop use purposes. You could download IE6 from Microsoft.
Talk2Tom11
Alias wrote:
Why do you use Windows 2000? Is your PC is some kinda database server or a web server? I recommend you use Windows XP for desktop use purposes. You could download IE6 from Microsoft.

Yeah... I know... I tried installing and for some reason it has an error during installation and cancels. I am having the worst luck with this machine. So if anyone know where i can get a full copy please post.
Bones
seawolfxp wrote:
download IE6 from microsoft.com. i think you'd better install winxp instead of win2000.win2000 has been abandoned.

Windows 2000 has not been abandoned, there is still support for Win2k via MS but it's a pro level OS and there is a $245 charge per incident, just as always.

I run XP Pro, but ran 2k before XP and really, I dont see much reason to upgrade.