FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Does Windows Vista delivers enough security???

pashmina
I have hear from different source that windows vista has the most security than any other OS. is this true.
IS installing any antivirus and anispyware necessary in the windows vista??
I really don't have any concept about this stuffs.
Please help
Have any of you used the beta version of the windows vista. and what minimum requirement does it needs
techack
as per minimum requirements...15 GB FREE DISK SPACE, A Graphics card, min. 512 MB of RAM (recommenended 1 GB) and a dvd drive.
pashmina
thank you any more requirements than this ones...
chennai
Once i stumbled upon a software called VISTA UPGRADE ADVISOR
Code:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/upgradeadvisor/default.mspx

It took more than 20 min to scan throught my computer and gave me a list of upgrades i must do in order to be able to run vista.
I suggest u to try it before installing windows vista .Also i recommend not to install beta as they are unstable versions. Wait till jan 2007 for vista to hit the market
Hope my post was helpful
orcaz
I dont really trust M$ words about better security in the new OS. When Windows XP was released, they also boasted about how good and how secure the new OS is as compared to the previous OS. However, after a few months after release, we all know how many new exploits have been found. So if you want to upgrade to Vista, I suggest to wait for at least two months or half a year, after the critical flaws and bugs have been discovered or patched. We can only know whether it is really true after the OS has been released to the public for a few months.
urangkayo
Windows product will never be secure, windows have a trade mark it's have a bugs when release Very Happy

don't believe anything people say about windows vista will be secure OS, it will never be
Animal
We have an Official Thread for Windows Vista - please discuss the operating system in there.

-close-