FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

UK Celebrity Big Brother 2007

Captain Fertile
UK Celebrity Big Brother Jan 3rd 2007

Well the new Celebrity Big Brother (CBB) kicks off early in 2007.

Personally I enjoy this better than the normal BB.

Who would you like to see in this one?

Can they ever be as good (or bad) as Jackie Stallone and Bridgette Nielson, Barrymore and Jodie Marsh, Les Dennis and Vanessa Phelps, Pete Burns and Dennis Rodman and of course the king and queen of cringe George Galloway and Rula Lenska?

Lets not forget the great white whale – John McCririck and his penchant for Diet Coke, snot eating and baggy Y-Fronts.

CBB is my one real indulgence with reality TV and its lots of fun. Watching the clash of egos, , the tears and tantrums, the deflating careers and the true stars rise out of the swamp of mediocrity and madness. I know it is a sad show to watch but it is too much fun to miss, discovering the truth behind the fame facade.

How can Celebrity Big Brother 2007 top last year when the only non-celebrity in the house won it? The lovely girl-next door (what's a gynaecologist?) Chantelle. Or has CBB run its course and should it be scrapped?

I’m not too sure how many UK members there are here on FriHost but I’ll be interested to hear your views if you are out there.

Of course if the thread takes off we can stick the latest news and gossip from the house on here. And of course make fun of the C-List celebrities making Donkeys of themselves.
Adam 552
Yay Big Brothers on again I never knew!
reddishblue
Well I'm not from the UK, so maybe it's not that bad there, but in Australia they take to most unintelligent dullards and put them in a house in Dreamworld (a Queensland theme park) and leave them there, only interrupting to give them mediocre challenges and sometimes very embarrassing challenges.

Then there are the scandles, like most scandles they are all about sex, rape and politics.
Most recent one was rape, all over the newspapers for a week and it had our prime minister John Howard saying that if this continued the show would be canceled, sadly as another season commences next year, this is not so.

Another scandle was a man who decided to use to show to prove his political beliefs, when he was evicted he duct taped his mouth and held up a sign that says "Free the Refugees" refusing to talk to anyone.

As you can see by the tone of my post, I think this is a truly immature show, I wish they would just cancel it.

~Reddish Blue
Coclus
I hate Big Brother...
Octaeder
So do I... Anything that can put both Russel Brand, That gimpy idiot that does Big Brother's Little Brother and an entire plethora of vacuous morons into one programme is deserving of instant and horrible death.

Can someone who likes this show actually explain the appeal... I'm genuinely interested here because I can't see how people can still find it entertaining given the endless and repetitive stream of reality tv that we get forced on us.
Blu_Spykz
I too, hate Big Brother. Celebrity edition or not - I will not be watching it. Ever.

Never.

That being said - I'd quite like H or Dirk to win. Twisted Evil
Indyan
I am watching it because of Shilpa Very Happy
Watching how she does.
Tokci
i also heard an indian actress shilpa shetty is going to be on the show.
that might be interesting.
btw an indian version of the show big boss is currently on air in india.
kind of a new concept for india, so its a big hit here.
Dj Redrum
have'nt really seen much of it this year ... though i thought the best celebrity big brother was on one that featured bez other than that they have'nt had that many good people in there.
Indyan
Tokci wrote:

The Indian one is crap with D grade celebs.
Octaeder
Indyan wrote:
Tokci wrote:

The Indian one is crap with D grade celebs.

So just like the british one, except with better grade celebrities...

Apparantly Soapstar Superstar is taking more bets at the bookies than BB. There's another one that passed me by. Make people who act in soaps I never watch sing songs i hate... Excellent, let me set my VCR!
hunterm
The GF is currently upstairs watching it.... I refuse to.

Biggest star of the current celebrity show is the winner of an old nobody show.

Wierd!
BlockUp
Arrgh!!

I hate how the entire nation talks about nothing else for a period of around 6 weeks while I stand their sulking.
Come on, it's garbage! Especially the Celebrity Edition. I mean I usually don't know most of the celebrities.
Indyan
hunterm wrote:
The GF is currently upstairs watching it.... I refuse to.

Biggest star of the current celebrity show is the winner of an old nobody show.

Wierd!

The biggest star will prolly be either Jermaine Jackson from Jackson 5 or Shilpa Shetty the bollywood actress.

That old BB contestant is really wicked and mean and dirty too. Her bf cummed on her and she didnt bother to take a shower.

But I will keep watching as long as Shilpa is there.
truespeed
Tokci wrote:

Is shilpa a huge star in india? if so how is her appearence on bigbrother being percieved?
Indyan
truespeed wrote:
Tokci wrote:

Is shilpa a huge star in india? if so how is her appearence on bigbrother being percieved?

She is a big star, not a huge one. A well known actress but not among top 3.
The media has been following BB and reporting on it fairly regularly.

I am so far impressed with her behaviour. She has been gracious and respectfull in the house.
truespeed
Indyan wrote:

I am so far impressed with her behaviour. She has been gracious and respectfull in the house.

Yes she has done,considering the provocation from jackiey,jade and danielle i think shes handled herself well. Dirk seems to like her a lot,it will be interesting to see if they get it on ,after they leave.
truespeed
Current bookies odds

Cleo rocos 2/1 fav
shilpa shetty 3/1
dirk benedict 9/2
H from steps 6/1
jermaine jackson 7/1
jade 10/1
jo sclub 14/1
danielle llyod 33/1
jack tweedy 66/1

Im suprised cleo is favourite,i would of thought dirk benedict would of been the strong favourite,so his 9/2 looks very generous,out side of that i think jermaine represents the best value,jade at 10/1 is a bad bet,i would of thought her odds would be nearer 50/1.

Also a Gallery containing some nice pics of danielle.
truespeed
How are indian people generaly reacting to the racism storyline?

I dont think its racist ,but its interesting that indian people do,narinder (bb3) was on bblb last night and she was of the opinion that their was racism behind the bitching,maybe as whites we dont see it as such,personally i just think its jade being jade,jade will attack anyone who is different or vulnerable,in all the years since the first bigbrother and despite all her money and fame,unfortunately she seems to have learnt nothing.

pic

Above pic is from skynews. there have been street protests in india with burning effigies,channel 4 must be loving all the press the shows getting
hunnyhiteshseth
Does anybody of you watch Big Brother on Channel 4 in UK?

Recently there has been some racial remarks about an Indian Actress Shilpa Shetty in it.
What do you think about it? Was they were all wrong? or since it is a reality show so they must be accepted as they are? or anything else?
vinx_18
I have not watch over it but we also have here Pinoy Big Brother(Philippine version).About racial remarks, it has always been like that. It was way way back then that whites think that they are more powerful than browns and blacks. But it is not always the case now. There are people who are not racial discriminator.
truespeed
Carphone warehouse have pulled their sponsorship,questions have been asked in parliment,during prime ministers question time,gordon brown in india for political reasons has also been asked about bigbrother.. no this isnt a "the day today" mock news programme.. this is real.. there seems to be mass hysteria.. over what is only a tv programme.... anyway.. jade and shilpa are up for eviction.. who goes u decide.
BlockUp
I reckon it's gonna be Jade.
woundedhealer
I've not seen much of it, but I have to admit, I'm watching a bit more to see what all the fuss is about.

As far as the 'racism' is concerned, it's people living in close proximity winding each other up. I think Shilpa was very silly to go on the program. She's from such a different culture. She's also being very patronising which is bound to cause ill-feeling. She doesn't seem to be very good at reading people. Jade is being her normal straight talking, loud mouthed self.

I think there has probably been some unkind things said to Shilpa, and behind her back, yet unkind things have been said to and about some of the other girls, notebaly by Jermaine, Dirk and Shilpa and yet nothing is said about that. Dirk described Jade and Jackiey as 'white trash' and there wasn't a fuss made about that.

I think Jack is probably racist.
Indyan
Some of the commets are racist in nature. A lot of it is jealousy though. This is my opinion.

While initially C4 was trying to play down the controversy by attributing the confrontation to simple girly rivalry, now they are defining it as a cultural clash ! Yesterday, they called Jade into the Diary room and spoke to her for about an hour. After coming out Jade made the following statement and apologised. According to reports she was instructed to do so. This is what she said :

Quote:
Kate Moss invited me back to her house for a party, that’s my claim to fame. Not Shilpa Derupa. I don’t know what her name is, particularly. I don’t really care. LIke I said last night it’s Shilpa Poppadom or something. It was just, as in, I’ll take anything - Shilpa Poppadom. It wasn’t anything. If I’ve offended any Indians out there, I apologise.

Even while apologising her language was crude and offensive. The term Poppadom is considered by many to be a racist one. When a normal person had used it against a co-worker, she lost her job (Source). Let’s see what explanation C4 offers this time.

PS : Last time she had asked Shilpa to go back to the slums of India where she came from.
truespeed
Shes also apologized to shilpa directly,she went to bed the previous night after having been in the diary room and having been tipped off,slept on it,and suddenly shes all apologetic and friendly to shilpa,rather convenient,and she called shilpa fake the day before in her rant,fake apology,fake friendship, fake jade.
woundedhealer
There has always bullying going on in the house. Last year in celebrity BB they were ganging up on one of the contestants - I can't remember which one - and reducing her to tears.

There has been racism in the past, but it's been ignored. contestants have been driven to the edge by the bullying yet there has never been an outcry like this. It doesn't matter who has been racially abused or bullied, wrong is wrong, no matter what your status is.

Big Brother was wrong to put these housemates in together. They knew it cause arguments and that is their motive for doing it. Because of this Jade, who has wroked hard since being in BB in the past, is likely to be destroyed.
truespeed
woundedhealer wrote:
There has always bullying going on in the house. Last year in celebrity BB they were ganging up on one of the contestants - I can't remember which one - and reducing her to tears. .

Jody marsh at the hands of pete burns and michael barrymore.
Captain Fertile
I started this thread but have not posted until now.

After missing the first episode (unavoidable) I logged on to discover who the celebrities where and 'WHO' was a word that sprung to my lips a lot.

They were not the most inspiring bunch even thrown into the BB mix so I have not seen one single episode of this year's celeb BB.

It really seems to be taking off now but is it for the right reasons?

Was the show struggling? Was there a hidden agenda to spice things up?

Anyway I haven't seen the programme so can't comment on what has been said and done so far with any authority. But I do have an opinion on the small snippets I have seen.

In the past I have seen heterosexuals and homosexuals picked on and called names directly with no ambiguity. How many times have you heard the name ‘puff’ or ‘queen’ used in anger during heated moments. And look at the stick poor Glynn got in the last BB because of his physique (or Bez and even Jade in the past because of their sub-simian IQ).

And NOTHING matches up to the merciless victimisation of Jodie Marsh by the bulling Pete Burns and Michael Barrymore. No matter what you think of the girl, she did not deserve to be upset the way she did. No warnings wee given by BB and the politicians of Great Britain did not rush into action writing speeches with one hand and logging onto the BB website with the other (in fact they were more likely to log onto the Jodie Marsh website using one hand).

But BB loved it and positively encouraged it.

Yes some remarks made by some uneducated bimbos in the latest celeb BB get the governments knickers in a twist and see crowds on the streets of India.

Let’s face it Jade Goody has never been the voice of the nation!

One final note, I must commend Shilpa with the grace she has shown during all of this and I know who comes out of all of this looking the best.
BlockUp
Yup, I have to agree with the previous comment.

I mean, Jade Goody, her mum and her boyfriend? They're not celebrities!

Shilpa has been so tolerant with this, she had her outburst but was never convinced that the bullying was rasict.

Yesterday night, Jade could tell that her career was on the brink, so she tried to patch things up.
Indyan
truespeed wrote:
Shes also apologized to shilpa directly,she went to bed the previous night after having been in the diary room and having been tipped off,slept on it,and suddenly shes all apologetic and friendly to shilpa,rather convenient,and she called shilpa fake the day before in her rant,fake apology,fake friendship, fake jade.

She apologised after being warned by Big Brother. She did it in desperation, as she knows the implications of being branded a racist.
woundedhealer
BB purposely choose people who are going to rub others up the wrong way. I think this is called friction casting. Nice people are boring. Boring does not encourage the public to switch on. Have contraversy and people switch on in droves. Except this time it backfired.

They put Jade and her family in knowing it would cause problems. They put in a pretty and successful Indian actress knowing this would cause a culture class. Jade's fine among her own kind of people - that's not being nasty to Jade, I think she's done well for herself - but they put Jade in with people they knew would cause a culture clash.

Shilpa is a refined young lady with 3 chauffers, bodygaurds and servants to look after her. She's never had to deal with the real world. She inteligent and clever with words. She didn't need to shout and scream, she could put Jade down with a few well chosen words.

Shilpa is almost a goddess amongst her own people. That is why there has been such an outcry. do you think there would have been such an outcry if Shilpa had been a fat, fourtysomething B actress?

People are doing with Jade what they love to do with people. Build her up and then knock her back down. Jade's behaviour was unacceptable. What I find strange is that the other housemates did not try to calm things down. They just stood back and let jade get on with it. BB let her carry on with it because it brought in the viewers. When you think about it, Jade was BB tool, and also their victim.
Indyan
JADE IS SO FULL OF HATE..SHE'S BEEN A BULLY ALL OF HER LIFE

by CAROLE MALONE

Quote:
JADE Goody's grandmother wept last night as she confessed: "My granddaughter IS a racist bully".

Jacqueline Goody rounded on the motormouth Big Brother star and said she was ashamed of the way Jade had abused Bollywood beauty Shilpa Shetty.

Jacqueline, 69, mother of Jade's mixed-race dad Andrew, said: "What she said to Shilpa was unforgivable. It was racist and full of hate.

"I am so upset that Jade's been

so ignorant, because her father was mixed-race and her grandfather was black.

"They are both dead, but if they were alive they would be so disappointed and ashamed. Calling Shilpa a 'poppadom' was totally wrong. I was appalled that Jade was too stupid to even realise that it was going to be perceived as racist.

"Even before the racism row Jade bullied Ken Russell into leaving. She saw him as a bumbling old man and she didn't have the patience to deal with him. That was bad enough.

"Then she linked up with Danielle and Jo - Jade's gang - and created a mob to attack Shilpa. They were like a pack of wolves. Now that Jade's gone the other girls have a doomed look about them. I think it's dawned on them both just how serious the situation is.

"Jade's eviction was awful to watch. In her interview with Davina she desperately tried to make excuses for herself, but she could never talk her way out of it.

Jacqueline also told how Jade bullied her friend, Katie Berwick, when they were both 15 and at Bacon's College in Rotherhithe, South London. Jade treated Katie the same way she treated Shilpa.

She singled Katie out for treatment in exactly the same way.

"She'd really belittle Katie when she brought her to see me. Katie was overweight and Jade would make all kinds of cruel comments such as 'porky' to belittle her.

Once, Jade's taunts were once so bad Katie ran from my house in tears. "Then she'd gang up on her with her other mates."

Source : http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/carolemalone/

Jade admits 'bullying and racism'
truespeed
These clips are from channel 5's "back to reality" from a couple of years ago,its an argument between jade and rik waller,there are striking similarities between the argument with rik and the argument with shilpa.

clip

clip2

Also when she came out of the show she said the same things then, as she did when she came out of bigbrother, " i cant believe thats me,im really shocked,im not like that" You know what they say about leopards and spots.

EDIT:
videos of the news of the world (newspaper) interview
anxiety1
jade is absoultly ruined now,

serves her right though
woundedhealer
anxiety1 wrote:
jade is absoultly ruined now,

serves her right though

Not necessarily. She should get help now to sort out her anger. We all saw kackiey, her mother. Not exactly a good role model. I'd guess that Jade was brought up to believe the one who shouts the loudest is the one who gets heard. Even if she acknowledges this is wrong, she won't be able to stop doing it because she doesn't know how. Children are most receptive up to the age of seven. It is during this period that they learn right from wrong. We know Jade is not the brightest of people. Whereas some children may decide shouting is not nice, most will copy those around them.

I think she should get help now, and let it be known she's getting help. When she has learnt how to behave in an acceptable manner, she should then go round schools and youth clubs and tell the youngsters how wrong her old behaviour was. IF she turns herself around she could make a good role model. Lets face it, if Jade can turn herself around, anyone should be able to.

I hope Jade is sincere about changing. As horrible as her behaviour was on BB, I can't help having a little bit of sympathy for her.
TribalArt
I watched an occasional episode however I am not the greatest of fans.

As for racial remarks, yes there were a few made. I do not think that it is acceptable behaviour even on the show or streets mainly because that particular programme is broadcasted out to 100,000s of viewers. This shows Britian too be a intolerable soceity however, the remarks were made my one main person, Jade Goody. It is clear there was elements of 'ganging up' involving about 2 or 3 other house mates; one of which was a lead singer in the hit band S Club 7, hoping for a comeback tour but since the last few episodes many venues have cancelled.

Many of these viewers are young and impressionable teens. Let us hope they do not believe all of what they see. Otherwise it could lead to a bad relationship between muslim/asians/whites/blacks.
Tokci
yes there were racist remarks made and its very unfortunate.
It shows the face of british society today.

'Ganging up ' against a particular person in this show is fine and part of their strategy but making racist comments is another thing.

Jade has appologised and even Shilpa shetty sadi that there were no racism against her but I think everyone knows what really happened.
Ppl think they if they appologise they are clean but what u have said can never be taken back.
orno
merged with http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-61374.html