FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sound Files

ashosweb
Hello Every one...
Can some one tell me is there any upload ristrictions on sound files here at Firhost..
the reson i am asking is, i come across a hosting provider that would not alou sound files to be uploaded.. yours Ashley Smile
the zephyrus
As far as I know, they're fine. What you can't do is start a service hosting files, nor can you break copyright law in your uploading of sound files. And for everyone's sake, please compress your sound into MP3, OGG, or similar formats.
Scorpio
If these sound files are your own compositions or if you have permission from the creators, then you are allowed to upload them to the website hosted at frihost.

There should not be any copyrighted material on your website, for which there is no permission.

In case there is, your account would be deleted without warning.

If you do have the permissions, then all you have to do is put all the files in a single folder and then put a copyright.txt in that folder stating that you have permissions to use them. That should do fine.

Meanwhile, just wait for bondings to give you the official heads-up
ashosweb
thank you guys for your replys.. all the best and Merry Christmas to you.. Yours Ashley
Scorpio
Merry Christmas to you too! Very Happy
Animal
Although Scorpio is right with what he says, if you want to upload sudio files, you must request permission first - please create a new thread in the Request an Account Change forum and describe what kind of audio files you would like permission to host. Once you have permission...

scorpio wrote:
then all you have to do is put all the files in a single folder and then put a copyright.txt in that folder stating that you have permissions to use them. That should do fine.