FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Wierd FTP

dfunkt
I'm using BulletProof FTP in order to try to access my FTP account. It allows me to connect just fine but where my directory list is supposed to show my files, it's blank. The last time I tried it, it showed my files but when I tried to delete them and it refreshed, my files were no longer visible. Now i'm trying to upload and it's being super freakin' slow and showing me this
Connecting to 216.32.85.170 port 33226
Data Connection opened.
STOR /domains/thislady.frih.net/public_html/cgi-bin/gm.cgi
but it won't go any further then that and it won't upload any of my other files in the queue. I'm not quite understanding what's happening here, does anyone have any clue?

BTW, i've tried 3 other FTP programs and I get the same result with them all.
wumingsden
dfunkt wrote:
I'm using BulletProof FTP in order to try to access my FTP account. It allows me to connect just fine but where my directory list is supposed to show my files, it's blank. The last time I tried it, it showed my files but when I tried to delete them and it refreshed, my files were no longer visible. Now i'm trying to upload and it's being super freakin' slow and showing me this
Connecting to 216.32.85.170 port 33226
Data Connection opened.
STOR /domains/thislady.frih.net/public_html/cgi-bin/gm.cgi
but it won't go any further then that and it won't upload any of my other files in the queue. I'm not quite understanding what's happening here, does anyone have any clue?

BTW, i've tried 3 other FTP programs and I get the same result with them all.

Change the mode from passive mode to active mode
dfunkt
That didn't work either. It's wierd, sometimes my files will show up, sometimes they won't.
wumingsden
dfunkt wrote:
That didn't work either. It's wierd, sometimes my files will show up, sometimes they won't.

Hmmm, very strange. Unfortunately I haven't spoken to steve for ages (by ages I mean in terms of probably 5-6 weeks) so I haven't asked him about the FTP problems.

I recommend you use www.web2ftp.com in the meantime if the problem still persists.
Jaan
FlashFXP works for me. I used to get that error.
b4r4t
wumingsden wrote:

I recommend you use www.web2ftp.com in the meantime if the problem still persists.

YEAH Smile You are gr8 ! This thing works...
It's good tool for ppls like me (behind a router) who can't use Active mode...
Now i know, that i have to ask my net admin to forward port 21 for me Smile

But Yeah - this ftp problem is from a long time...
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-60035.html

And the worst thing is , that a month ago there was no proiblem with Pasive mode and server 2 ...